Annabel vs Savannah

See the results of this poll: Which longform name do you prefer to get to nn Annie?

Respondents: 28 (This poll is closed)

• Annabel : 22 (79%)
  • Savannah: 6 (21%)

This was tricky, I like both very much! I think I’d go with [name]Annabel[/name] since it feels a bit more contemporary, but they are both very pretty [name]IMO[/name]:slight_smile:

[name]Savannah[/name] was a huge fave of mine in the 90’s when the [name]Aaron[/name] Spelling show “[name]Savannah[/name]” was on air. It’s pretty, but for me it feels like a fad/trendy name because of the association it has for me.

I think [name]Annabel[/name] has a little more lasting power, it’s a classic but not over-used.

[name]Savannah[/name] got my vote, but I confess that’s more because I really dislike [name]Annabel[/name] than because I actually like [name]Savannah[/name].

I voted [name]Annabel[/name] because it’s much more classic, and really pretty.

Though I like the sound of [name]Savannah[/name] it’s a bit too trendy for me.

I voted [name]Annabel[/name], but my favorite way to get to [name]Annie[/name] is [name]Anne[/name].

[name]Annabel[/name] is a classic name with historic and literary connection. [name]Savannah[/name] is pretty but just lacks the depth of [name]Annabel[/name]. I have a feeling that [name]Savannah[/name]'s trendiness will soon fade and it will no longer seem like a fresh choice.

I chose [name]Annabel[/name] because I love it, but I definitely prefer the spelling [name]Annabelle[/name]. I may look a bit over-the-top to most, but I find it looks more complete, personally. Either spelling results in a gorgeous name though!

Have you considered [name]Susanna[/name]?