Annabel?

Yes, [name]Annabel[/name] has a youthful, sugary-sweet feel to it, but at the same time, pretty much anything, bar [name]Anais[/name] or [name]Anya[/name], with An- or [name]Ann[/name]- is almost classic. And, [name]Theresa[/name]'s got a point. If I had to look at [name]Annabel[/name] or Adysyn’s resume and choose, all other things being equal, I might just have to go with [name]Annabel[/name]. Wow, I feel like a total jerk for saying that. (Where did you even come up with Adysyn, [name]Elsie[/name]? That’s just wrong!)

And, to address an earlier point, I don’t think [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name] feels expected at all. Actually, [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Claire[/name] feels more expected to me. [name]Ava[/name] is romantic and elegant and very glamorous, when you really think about it. Plus, [name]Grace[/name] [name]Kelly[/name] and [name]Ava[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] for your girls’ middle names? [name]Love[/name] it.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Yes lemon, I was agreeing that I do like [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name] b/c it doesn’t feel cliche like [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Ava[/name] does. And I never thought of [name]Grace[/name]/[name]Ava[/name] like that together! I totally love it too! I was just thinking how jealous I was of [name]Theresa[/name]'s flower middle names for all her girls; I really don’t think Hollywood glamour girls is too poor of a theme either! :wink:

Ok I have to ask though…do you like [name]Madeleine[/name] or [name]Annabel[/name] better? :slight_smile:

No, Hollywood Glamor Girls isn’t a bad “theme” at all! I love it, too!

[name]Elsie[/name], don’t do this to me! I don’t want to choose, okay? :wink: Um, I don’t know, honestly. I like both, and both have been on my own favorites list before. Neither is bad. [name]Madeleine[/name] ([name]Madelyn[/name]) is popular, and [name]Annabel[/name] is cutesy. But, [name]Madeleine[/name] is strong and confident, and [name]Annabel[/name] is elegant and charming. [name]Maddie[/name] is a little boring, whereas [name]Annie[/name] is adorable and [name]Belle[/name] is gorgeous. So, I like both? Ha. Sorry!

I actually completely know what you mean with this statement! I love [name]Gabriella[/name] on it’s own but [name]Annabel[/name] does seem to kind of complete it. You could go so many ways with a sibling name for [name]Gabriella[/name] because to me it fits into so many different categories of names, but [name]Annabel[/name]'s my favourite type of name to go with it! I think they both sound like “princess” names (but not in an overly precious [name]Anastasia[/name] and [name]Aurora[/name] way either!).

They’re feminine and lilting and I still don’t think that’d it’d tie you into another “[name]Elle[/name]” name for the future. Everyone seems to have forgotten that [name]MadELeine[/name] has an “[name]EL[/name]” in it! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think as far as nn’s [name]Belle[/name] is adorable and probably my favourite, but she could always go by [name]Annabel[/name] (my sister [name]Caitlyn[/name]'s name never gets shortened by us). There’s also [name]Annie[/name] if this makes you think less of the [name]Anna[/name] you don’t like! It’s not weird that you like [name]Annabel[/name] but not [name]Anna[/name], I like [name]Cordelia[/name] but not [name]Delia[/name], [name]Thea[/name] but not [name]Anthea[/name]! And I prefer the [name]Annabel[/name] spelling anyway but definitely with [name]Gabriella[/name] because the double ll does seem to make them seem more alike, and you can still nn her [name]Belle[/name] spelt that way.

Anyway the first middle name that came to mind was [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Eva[/name] which has been mentioned. [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] is nice too and [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]. [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Claire[/name] doesn’t sound too much of a mouthful but [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] kind of does which is a shame because I love [name]Pearl[/name]! For alliteration there’s also [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Alice[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Astrid[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]August[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ailsa[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Amy[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name].

I really also like 1 syllable name’s like [name]Grace[/name] [name]Annabel[/name] [name]May[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Grier[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Eve[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Kate[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (maybe cliche? Maybe [name]Rosa[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name] etc instead?), [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ruth[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Tess[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (this one is so charming with [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name] in my opinion!), [name]Annabel[/name] [name]June[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Blythe[/name].

I think [name]Annabel[/name] actually ages really well. To me it’s a sophisticated sounding name. I can definitely imagine one being a lawyer or doctor!

As for my favourite between [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Madeleine[/name], I honestly do have both on my list of fav names but as you can probably tell, [name]Annabel[/name] is much higher on the list!! I would totally use it myself whereas I don’t think I’d use [name]Madeleine[/name] for the same reasons’s you’ve questioned it ([name]Maddie[/name] nn etc).

And (sorry reading more comments as I’m typing!) Hollywood Glamour Girls would be the most awesome theme ever! I would have loved that for my own name hehe. Others that could work - [name]Greta[/name], [name]Jane[/name] (as in [name]Jane[/name] [name]Russell[/name]), [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Sophia[/name]?

Good luck! :slight_smile: Sorry for babbling on!!

Uggghh so much to say!

Ok”[name]Madeleine[/name] is still sort of on the table. (I really do love [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Estelle[/name], still.) I have to admit (and I think I have before) that this name really has grown on me. I just hate that it”s so popular here still, and the [name]Maddie[/name] nickname”I just don”t think that can be easily ”overcome,” if you guys know what I mean. ”[name]Elle[/name]” just doesn”t seem like a natual nn for [name]Madeleine[/name]. And I just think [name]Maddie[/name] and [name]Gaby[/name] sounds so ridiculous!!

I am really starting to like the idea of [name]Annabel[/name], though:

1. It”s not super popular (and it better stay that way!)
  2. I TOTALLY agree with ljandrl about the names sounding ”princessy” together, but not in a ridiculous, cheesy way. Although I did sort of feel the same way about [name]Madeleine[/name], too”
  3. I really love the nn [name]Belle[/name], despite [name]Bella[/name]”s popularity. [name]Belle[/name] is a tad bit different. Plus, it doesn”t rhyme with [name]Gaby[/name].
  4. If we went with [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name], it would keep the five syllables of [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name].
  5. [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name] would keep the alliteration pattern of [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. (The only thing about #4 and #5 is, if we did have any more kids, it would definitely lock us into a pattern, I feel.)
  6. I absolutely love the Hollywood glamour middle name theme!!! I just honestly think this freshens up [name]Gaby[/name]”s name too, since [name]Grace[/name] is probably overused as a middle name. (Obviously, I wasn”t a nameberry lurker when I named her!)

Anyway, I think I can get over the [name]Anne[/name]/[name]Anna[/name] association. [name]Brent[/name] said he”d probably call her [name]Anna[/name] though, and I would absolutely call her [name]Belle[/name], so I”m not sure how I feel about that”would it be too confusing for a kid to grow up with two diff nicknames??

And, with all the above being said, is the name [name]Ava[/name] just too clich”, even for a middle name? I feel like I”ve totally attached this stigma to the name after all this mass popularity nonsense, and especially with ”Beyond [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Aiden[/name]” being the title of [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name]”s book! :expressionless:

I now have to make sure I”m loving the name vs. loving the idea of the name. Or am I just being too picky?? I”m so terrified I”ll have naming regret!! Sorry to be so neurotic, guys. Thanks for the support. :slight_smile:

Ultimately, [name]Elsie[/name], you need to go with what you think is best - well, you and [name]Brent[/name] - but I can give you my opinion on the matter…

I think both [name]Madeleine[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] sound regal, strong, and stately. [name]Both[/name] names have an elegant, regal flair to them, so, either way, your daughter will get her princess name. But, if you are talking about a princess nickname, I’ve got to hand it to [name]Annabel[/name]. [name]Even[/name] [name]Anna[/name], to me, is immensely elegant and beautiful. I know you’ve got bad connections to it, but I don’t for a second think it would be confusing for your daughter to have daddy call her [name]Anna[/name] and mommy call her [name]Belle[/name]. It will be totally fine, I guarantee it. [name]Even[/name] if [name]Brent[/name] decides to go with [name]Annie[/name], I think it’s one of the few cutesy nicknames ([name]Maisie[/name], [name]Sadie[/name], etc.) that works for a child and an adult - [name]Annie[/name] is, without a doubt, timeless. [name]Maddie[/name]? Not so much, to me. Granted, I have never, ever, in my entire life met an adult named [name]Madeleine[/name], [name]Madeline[/name], or [name]Madelyn[/name], but I’ve met plenty of children and teens with the name. [name]Every[/name] single on of them went by some variation of [name]Maddie[/name], and it makes me wonder, what happens when they turn 25? Are they suddenly going to be transitioned into [name]Madeleine[/name], or will they be Businesswoman [name]Maddie[/name]? I just have no idea.

As for middle names, I love [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name]. I also think [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] is quite a stunner! But, I love that [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name] continues [name]Gaby[/name]'s alliterative theme, which I know you liked, and it has the same number of syllables, which I know you liked. Yes, you do have a theme that you will likely want to finish should you have any more future children, but maybe you won’t have more, as you said earlier. But, I’m pretty sure us Berries could help you out. Plus, there are plenty more incredible Hollywood Glamor Girl Names - [name]Clara[/name] ([name]Bow[/name]), ([name]Jean[/name]) [name]Harlow[/name], [name]Nina[/name] [name]Mae[/name] (McKinney), and [name]Vivien[/name] ([name]Leigh[/name]), to name a few. As for [name]Ava[/name] being expected or popular, yea, it’s popular. But, I’m going to tell you something that might harm my reputation on NB (ha! kidding!) - I like [name]Ava[/name]. [name]Ava[/name] sounds sweet and feminine and natural, yet still very strong. [name]Ava[/name] is sophisticated and elegant and romantic, but still energetic, youthful, and playful. It has a sense of charisma and flair to it that doesn’t make it boring and tired. [name]Ava[/name], though popular, is a winner in my opinion, especially when linked to [name]Grace[/name]. And, maybe it’s time to switch things around? [name]Rose[/name] is a filler middle name in many people’s opinions, but what about when it’s a first name? Instant winner. [name]Ava[/name] is overly popular as a first name, but what about making it a middle name? Again, instant winner. So, basically, I think it’s a great combination!

Hehe. I’m so glad you’re “falling” for [name]Annabel[/name] so to speak, it’s so beautiful. And if you do have another child it could very well be a boy so I wouldn’t stress too much about the theme thing. Your themes are subtle anyway so I don’t think it’d be too big a deal to break them. And there’s always [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Mae[/name] as in [name]Mae[/name] [name]West[/name] for a future daughter! Lol. Or [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Clara[/name] etc. Or I’m sure the berries could come up with some other fabulous names that fit if you needed them in the future. For now I’d just focus on finding a name you’re happy with this time round and worry about the next one if it ever happens!

As far as nn’s, in all honesty I think [name]Belle[/name] is the more natural nn actually because it’s the stronger sound (to me) in the name. I’d bet money that if you call her [name]Belle[/name] from the start he’ll soon start doing the same or even calling her baby belle or something cute hehe. Didn’t something similar happen with [name]Gabby[/name]'s nn? I’m sure I remember you saying you planned to call her by a different nn but eventually gave in to calling her the nn your hubby gave her. I think this time it’s your turn to stand your ground on the nn you want and I’m certain he’ll call her by it eventually because [name]Belle[/name] is such a cute nn :slight_smile: And if not I don’t think two nn’s is weird. I know people who go by two!

Oh, I just love you guys! :slight_smile:

Ok lemon, I do feel better about [name]Ava[/name] now. :slight_smile: I think [name]Brent[/name] really does like [name]Annabel[/name] - he said he likes it the same as [name]Madeleine[/name]! So I’ll keep thinking about this one and I’ll keep making him consider other names, too. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Annabel[/name] with [name]Gabriella[/name]! I also like [name]Lemon[/name]'s idea of [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name] to go with [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name]!
I also thought of another alliteration mn: What do you think of [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Avery[/name]? :slight_smile:

Oh, I do like [name]Avery[/name]! Actually, if it didn’t look so unisex compared to [name]Gabriella[/name], I would maybe have considered it for a first name. :slight_smile:

While I do like [name]Avery[/name], I think I like [name]Ava[/name] better with [name]Grace[/name]. Plus, I have to keep my Hollywood theme! :slight_smile: But I thank you for your suggestion; it is a good one!

I like [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name], also! And I love the Hollywood theme. :slight_smile: I wish I had Nameberry when my children were born!

Sometimes I post things and they don’t show up…
I can’t remember exactly what I said before. Basically I was saying that I like the Hollywood theme and do you have a middlename in mind for [name]Madeleine[/name] to use this theme? I can’t decide if I like [name]Madeleine[/name] or [name]Annabel[/name] more with [name]Gabriella[/name]. The thing for me is that [name]Gabriella[/name] is one of my favorite names. It’s one of my younger sister’s names and she goes by [name]Gabby[/name] too-- so the name always feels spunky and fun to me. [name]Annabel[/name] is a little more serious, sweet, and frilly to me. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but I think [name]Madeleine[/name] feels a little more similiar to [name]Gabriella[/name] than [name]Annabel[/name] does right now.
I like them both though-- and overall, I prefer the name [name]Annabel[/name] to [name]Madeleine[/name].

Our daughter is [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Christine[/name]. We love it.

[name]Hi[/name] crunchymama!
I don’t have a nn for [name]Madeleine[/name] to go with the theme; I would still prob use [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] despite what [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] say about that name! :slight_smile: I just think it sounds lovely.

I’m still not totally sure if I’d do [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name] though…like I said, I still have this stigma I’ve attached to [name]Ava[/name]. So even though it seems to fit nearly perfectly with [name]Gabriella[/name]'s name, I’m still undecided! I’d like to have a mn I totally love…would [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Vivien[/name] be dumb? Seems like it has too much stuff going on. :stuck_out_tongue: Especially compared to the simplicity of [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. Or what about [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Gwen[/name]? I still love that name :slight_smile: Although I tend to dislike giving a diminutive for a name, I think it’s ok for middles sometimes.

Anyway, I really want to have [name]Brent[/name] look at [name]Pam[/name] & [name]Linda[/name]'s books more but we haven’t really had time. :frowning: I want to see if there are any more previously undiscussed gems in there!

Crunchymama, what would you name my daughter? Any names you’d like, not just ones I’ve considered/discussed. You have a knack for fabulous sib sets!! :slight_smile:

[name]Elsie[/name],

I’m going to play around for a bit on your thread, okay? I’m going to play with the “Hollywood Glamour Girl Names” list and make some five-syllable names:

A = [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Ava[/name]

[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] - But, you can’t have [name]Abby[/name] and [name]Gaby[/name]. No way! I’ve “invented” Ailey as [name]Abigail[/name]'s new nickname.
[name]Alexis[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] - [name]Gaby[/name] and [name]Lexi[/name]? Cute. [name]Gaby[/name] and [name]Alex[/name]? Okay. [name]Gaby[/name] and [name]Alexa[/name]? Spunky. [name]Lexi[/name]'s my favorite…
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] - Not perfect flow, but [name]Rory[/name] is cute with [name]Gaby[/name], I think.
[name]Avalon[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] - This is a cool name. [name]Ava[/name]? [name]Val[/name]? [name]Lonny[/name]? Kidding about [name]Lonny[/name], but the others are nice, even [name]Ava[/name].
[name]Adeline[/name] [name]Ava[/name] - So classic. [name]Ada[/name]? [name]Addie[/name]? Dela? [name]Lina[/name]? [name]Deli[/name]! Ha, kidding. Pretty name.
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] - Like it more with [name]Audrey[/name]? Wait, do you hate [name]Audrey[/name] or something? Um, that might be a problem.
[name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Ava[/name] - Wow, what a name! [name]Ana[/name], [name]Toni[/name], [name]Etta[/name]? So many possibilities.
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Ava[/name] - (ah-may-lee) [name]Amy[/name]? [name]Mel[/name]? [name]Lee[/name] [name]Lee[/name]? Pretty, unusual name!

C = [name]Clara[/name]

[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Clara[/name] - [name]Cara[/name], [name]Carrie[/name], [name]Caro[/name], [name]Lina[/name]? Perfection. I happen to love [name]Caroline[/name], though.
[name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Clara[/name] - [name]Cass[/name], [name]Cassie[/name], [name]Sandy[/name]? Oh, and [name]Sandra[/name]. We’ve discussed, yes?
[name]Calliope[/name] [name]Clara[/name] - Okay, [name]Brent[/name] officially hates me. [name]Callie[/name] is so cute, though. And this name is awesome.
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Clara[/name] - Cee, Cece, [name]Lia[/name]? But, you like [name]Cecelia[/name] more…
[name]Calista[/name] [name]Clara[/name] - [name]Cala[/name], [name]Callie[/name], [name]Lissie[/name]? Such a striking name, I think.

E = [name]Eva[/name]

[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Eva[/name] - [name]Ella[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Lena[/name], [name]Leni[/name], [name]Nora[/name]. Wow, lots of options! But, [name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name]? Eh.
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Eva[/name] - [name]Emily[/name]'s a classic, okay? [name]Emily[/name] [name]Bronte[/name]. There. [name]Em[/name], [name]Emmy[/name], [name]Emme[/name]? Cute.
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Eva[/name] - We’ve discussed. [name]Em[/name], [name]Emme[/name], [name]Emmy[/name], [name]Mel[/name], [name]Lina[/name]…
[name]Elodie[/name] [name]Eva[/name] - [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Elle[/name]. [name]Brent[/name] won’t like this, will he?

H = [name]Harlow[/name]

[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Harlow[/name] - [name]Harry[/name]? No. [name]Hattie[/name]? Cute. [name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Harriet[/name]? Weird sister set.
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Harlow[/name] - [name]Helen[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Lena[/name], [name]Leni[/name]? I love [name]Helena[/name], though…
[name]Honora[/name] [name]Harlow[/name] - [name]Nora[/name]. Hm. [name]Don[/name]'t like this one. I’m having trouble with H’s!

S = [name]Sophia[/name]

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] - Timeless, elegant classic. [name]Sari[/name], [name]Sadie[/name], [name]Sally[/name], [name]Sal[/name]? A winner.
[name]Sasha[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] - Uh, no nickname name? [name]Gaby[/name] and [name]Sasha[/name] is so spunky, though. [name]Love[/name] that.
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] - [name]Carly[/name]? [name]Lettie[/name]? [name]Love[/name] this one, too. We’ve discussed, yes?
[name]Summer[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] - Hm. Sum? Sumo? Ha, no. Mer? Maybe. Eh, I don’t know about it…
[name]Simone[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] - Again, no nickname? [name]Mona[/name]? Moni? [name]Sima[/name]? [name]Simmy[/name]? [name]Gaby[/name] and [name]Simone[/name] is stunning.

T = [name]Tallulah[/name]

[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tallulah[/name] - [name]Tess[/name]! I love [name]Tess[/name]! [name]Gaby[/name] and [name]Tess[/name]! So, so cute.
[name]Tatum[/name] [name]Tallulah[/name] - A double dose of glamor, huh? [name]Tate[/name]? Hm, not so good. [name]Brent[/name] will hate it, I’m sure, right?
[name]Tamsin[/name] [name]Tallulah[/name] - Tams, [name]Tammy[/name], Zinny? Yea, he’ll probably hate this, too.

V = [name]Vivien[/name]

[name]Venus[/name] [name]Vivien[/name] - You can let [name]Brent[/name] virtually slap me for this one, because I know he wants to; but, it’s neat…
[name]Vida[/name] [name]Vivien[/name] - I like it. It’s spunky and fresh and fun.
[name]Viva[/name] [name]Vivien[/name] - Fun name, but [name]Viva[/name] [name]Vivien[/name] is total [name]VIV[/name] overkill.

I didn’t use any G names, for obvious reasons, and I couldn’t find anything for [name]Kate[/name] or [name]Mae[/name]. Um, [name]Veronica[/name] is just too long. So, I’m done playing. Won’t even mark my favorites. Oh, who am I kidding, of course I will! Goodnight!

I like [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Vivien[/name] (spell it that wasy to get the [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] connection!). I also really like [name]Grace[/name] as a mn. I know you say it is overused and that is probably true, but it’s still a great name! I love the Hollywood “star power” connection and I’d probably go with that just cause it’s also something you could continue with a boy if you chose. However, I think [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Faith[/name] sounds awesome (though it is maybe a borderline 'too perfect" or “too sugary sweet” name).

Last night I was thinking about [name]Madeleine[/name] + [name]Annabel[/name] – and I tried to combine the names together. [name]Mirabelle[/name]/[name]Mirabel[/name]/[name]Maribel[/name] seems to do that. However, that name feels almost closer to [name]Gabriella[/name] than [name]Annabel[/name] does. Then I thought about [name]Adeline[/name]. (I pron. it leen, but line is awesome too!) I also think [name]Adelina[/name] would be pretty. I also thought about [name]Angelia[/name] or [name]Angelina[/name].

What would I name her? hmm, well [name]Gabriela[/name] is one of my sister’s names and another sister is [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I think those two go together quite well. [name]Elizabeth[/name] is always a great choice. [name]Lemon[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Calista[/name] is amazing! [name]Calie[/name] & [name]Gaby[/name] sounds so cute together. I think [name]Calista[/name] is a really great name. It’s too close to [name]Carly[/name] ([name]Scarlett[/name]'s nn) though so I wouldn’t use it personally.
I also really like [name]Sophie[/name]/[name]Sophia[/name] with your daughter’s name. I know that name is so popular, but it deserves it’s popularity in my opinion. Did you give up on [name]Lily[/name] options? [name]Lillian[/name] is a good option.

I like [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name] very much. My husband was the exact same – there were only, like, 5 names in the world he’d even consider.

Between [name]Annabel[/name] & [name]Madeline[/name] my vote sits heavily on the side of [name]Annabel[/name], but I’m really curious to see what the “three” (or so) other names your husband likes are?

LOL lemon, I had to laugh at your comments in your post!! I”ll have to go over the list with [name]Brent[/name] and see what he thinks!

Ok, he likes more than 5 names, but most can be similarly categorized into a few groups. :wink: I”ll star his favorites. I”ve just copied and pasted from some of my previous posts, so forgive me for the formatting and if things are repeated and such. He does have a few OK/legitimate ones, but they”re either way too popular, or I”m just not a fan, or I don”t think they ”go” well with [name]Gabriella[/name]”s name.

1. [name]Madeleine[/name] *
  2. [name]Victoria[/name] (I like this name, but not enough to name my child it. Plus, not a fan of any nicknames except [name]Plum[/name], which [name]Brent[/name] thought was totally lame.)
  3. [name]Adeline[/name] * (I had this discussion with [name]Lemon[/name] awhile ago…I’m not really a fan, my mom and grandmother hate it, and the dreaded [name]Addie[/name] nickname results, unless we’d use [name]Del[/name] or something else, which doesn’t appeal to me. At all.)
  4. [name]Eliza[/name] (I just am generally not a fan of any [name]Elizabeth[/name]/[name]Eliza[/name]/[name]Elise[/name], etc. names. Plus, we’d have the repeating “[name]Elle[/name]” in [name]Gabriella[/name]'s name, which I’d like to avoid, if possible.)
  5. [name]Liliana[/name] * (It’s ok…I always feel like the “-ana” names seem made up, though. Also, [name]Lily[/name], [name]Ana[/name], or [name]Lia[/name] are the nns, none of which I am a fan. [name]Lilia[/name] is a little better, but I’m just sort of tired of the whole [name]Lily[/name] thing. And it doesn’t really solve the ubiquity problem.)
  6. [name]Emmeline[/name]* (I hesitate b/c of the -lynn or -line pronunciation, which isn’t that huge of a deal for me, and also because of the [name]Emmie[/name]/[name]Emily[/name]/[name]Emma[/name]/[name]Emme[/name] popularity. I’ve just never really been a fan of any of these names, either. Although I do think [name]Emmie[/name] and [name]Gaby[/name] would be cute together. I like how it looks on paper, but when I hear the name out loud, it sounds like a made-up name of [name]Emma[/name] + lyn, which I really despise. Reminds me of [name]Kailyn[/name], etc. Sorry!)
  7. [name]Eliana[/name] (While I think the ending ”bel sound is ok with [name]Gabriella[/name]”s name, I think any names starting with ”[name]El[/name]” might be too much. If I say something like, ”These are my daughters, [name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name]” I think the ”el” is far enough apart where it isn”t so noticeable, whereas ”[name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Eliana[/name]” sounds very similar. Sorry if this sounds so dumb and picky!)

[name]Annabel[/name] * (I was honestly surprised at this one!)

These are names he highlighted as “liking” from the top 500 from the social sec admin website:
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Madison[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Addison[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] (Or variations, such as [name]Lillian[/name] or [name]Liliana[/name]. Now, I still am not sure about this one”I think [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Gaby[/name] is adorable. It”s just the popularity of [name]Lily[/name] that is discouraging me, again. And I feel sort of ”spent” on [name]Lily[/name]; it”s overused (as lemon pointed out”for kids AND pets!)
[name]Alyssa[/name]
(here’s where the sketchy ones start)
[name]Brooklyn[/name]/[name]Brooklynn[/name] (yes, he highlighted all the misspellings of common names, too.)
[name]Brooke[/name]
[name]Madelyn[/name]/[name]Madeline[/name]/[name]Madilyn[/name]/[name]Madalyn[/name]/[name]Madelynn[/name]
[name]Kylie[/name]/[name]Kyleigh[/name]/[name]Kiley[/name]
[name]Mackenzie[/name]/[name]Mckenzie[/name]/[name]Makenzie[/name]
[name]Autumn[/name]
[name]Khloe[/name] (SERIOUSLY)
[name]Rylee[/name]/[name]Ryleigh[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]/[name]Lilliana[/name]
[name]Mckenna[/name]/[name]Makenna[/name]
[name]Addyson[/name]/[name]Addisyn[/name]
[name]Kaydence[/name]/[name]Kadence[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Maddison[/name]/[name]Madisyn[/name] (omg…shoot me now)/[name]Madyson[/name]
[name]Kaelyn[/name]/[name]Kaylin[/name]/[name]Kailyn[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Adalyn[/name]/[name]Adelyn[/name]
[name]Kinsley[/name] (WTF)
[name]Lilian[/name]
[name]Kayden[/name]
[name]Kenzie[/name] (so he does like stuff without a Mc- prefix)
[name]Kinley[/name]
[name]Abbigail[/name]
[name]Braelyn[/name]
[name]Kali[/name]

Ok…so those are ones he likes.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Elsie[/name],

I like [name]Annabel[/name] so much! I know you are trying to stay with the old Hollywood theme to go with [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name], so how about:

[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Eva[/name] (instead of [name]Ava[/name])
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Mae[/name]

I also like the idea of [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Vivien[/name].

Good luck!

Hm. I don’t really know what to say in response to that post, [name]Elsie[/name]. I don’t think it gave me any information. What names do both you and [name]Brent[/name] like enough to use, or at least compromise on? I didn’t really get a sense of that from your post, honestly - sorry if I missed something! So, I take it [name]Brent[/name] wasn’t a fan of my “playings” on this thread last night, except for the names he actually likes - [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] - right? Or, maybe you weren’t? That’s more than okay. As I said, I was just playing…

Anyway, when I read your comment about saying, “[name]Hi[/name], these are my daughters, [name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name],” I don’t think I had the same reaction as you or @kyemsma. You said something about the spacing between the names being sufficient to disguise their similarity? In theory, I agree with you. But, at the same time, [name]GabriELLa[/name] and [name]AnnaBEL[/name] rhyme, so I’m still thrown off. I know that’s not what you wanted to hear, though, so I’m sorry. I don’t know if it’s enough for me to say you shouldn’t use those two names together or not, to be frank. I just can’t make up my mind on this one - I keep going back and forth.

But, then again, with some of the other names that he likes - [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Abigail[/name] - you’ve got issues, too. I love [name]Emmeline[/name], I know we’ve discussed it, and I know I’m a bit of an odd-ball on NB to say it with a -line ending. My understanding is that many people prefer the -leen pronunciation, whereas I don’t know if anyone, or a large enough group, uses a -lyn ending. If that was the desired pronunciation, I’d spell the name [name]Emmalin[/name] to avoid confusion. [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Eva[/name] Kutzner is gorgeous, as I’ve said before, and [name]Gaby[/name] and [name]Emmy[/name] are really fun nicknames. But, [name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] have rhyming, though not identical, sounds, too. So, which do I like better? [name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name]? [name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name]? Well, I’d go with [name]Emmeline[/name], but I don’t want you to feel like you’re using a made-up name. [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] Kutzner, or even [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Ava[/name] Kutzner, is a great name. [name]Abigail[/name] is a timeless classic that fits anyone, and it just feels fun and spunky while still being sophisticated. [name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Abigail[/name] is an unexpected, yet fitting, sibling set, I think. But, and this one might be a big one, what do you do when people try to call your girls [name]Gaby[/name] and [name]Abby[/name]? [name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Abigail[/name] both have [name]AB[/name] in them! And, even though I think Ailey is like the coolest nickname ever for [name]Abigail[/name], what’s it going to take to get people to use it? So, again, maybe those aren’t even real options.

I still think you should consider [name]Scarlett[/name] as a first name. [name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] is amazing, and it really has zero problems, except for [name]Brent[/name] not liking it, and maybe not even you liking it. Hm. [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name]? I don’t know, [name]Elsie[/name], I don’t know…

You’ll figure it out! I know it! I’m sorry for my semi-depressing post. I’m going to the doctor now because my finger is messed up, but I’ll check back later, hopefully with a healed finger…