Annalie

What do you think of the name [name]Annalie[/name]?

[name]Annalie[/name] is a cute name for a girl but it’s not my favourite “[name]Anne[/name]” name. I prefer [name]Annabel[/name], Annabeth, [name]Anne[/name]-[name]Marie[/name], [name]Annika[/name], [name]Annora[/name] or [name]Anya[/name]. Another option is [name]Anneliese[/name].

I actually think [name]Annalie[/name] sounds sweet. I also once heard of an Annalia, which was different, but maybe just sounded like two names smooshed together?

I feel like I am always raining on the [name]Annalie[/name] parade, but honestly? I will never see this name -or [name]Annalee[/name], [name]Analie[/name], or [name]Analeigh[/name]-without thinking ‘Anally.’ It’s just TOO ripe for middle school (and high school. and college.) teasing.

I love this name. It sounds so simple, sweet, unpretentious, and rooted with American history. I don’t think it needs to be changed at all. But, if you prefer something more frilly you could use Annalia, Annalena, or Analina. People always mention anal but I know a grown [name]Annalee[/name] and she hasn’t been teased. I think bc it was once a more common name. Best of luck!

I also think [name]Annelie[/name] is really cute, but I would never name a child something with such obvious (and nasty) teasing potential.

[name]Annalie[/name] looks like it’s lacking in something to me. What about [name]Anabel[/name], or [name]Annaliese[/name]? I prefer these to [name]Annalie[/name], although I am not much of a fan of “[name]Anna[/name]” names.

I agree with PP…I only see/hear the word ‘anal’

sorry!