Annaliese or Annabelle

We are expecting our third child, a girl, any day now. We have narrowed down names to two possibilities: [name]Annaliese[/name] or [name]Annabelle[/name]. I am wondering which people think sounds better with her brothers’ names which are [name]Jonah[/name] and [name]Elias[/name] ("[name]Eli[/name]"). The middle name will be [name]Juliette[/name].

Ooh! I love [name]Annabelle[/name]! I think [name]Anneliese[/name] is pretty, too, but the ending “eliese” is too close to [name]Elias[/name]’ name for me. I’m going to vote for [name]Annabelle[/name] with [name]Juliette[/name]. Have you considered [name]Anna[/name] [name]Juliette[/name]?

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the input. I had thought of that issue too, with [name]Elias[/name] sounding and looking similar to the ending of [name]Annaliese[/name]. I wonder if we spell it [name]Annalise[/name] if that makes a difference.

You’re welcome, rrog. :slight_smile: I think [name]Annabelle[/name] is so pretty (it’s one of my all-time favorites).
For me, even if the spelling of [name]Anneliese[/name] is changed, the “eliese” or “elise” part still sounds the same (and too close to [name]Elias[/name]) when said aloud. I really love [name]Elias[/name], by the way.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Annabelle[/name] better than [name]Annaliese[/name], but l think [name]Annabella[/name] sounds nicer with sibs and middle names :slight_smile:

I’m the opposite… I think [name]Annabelle[/name] is too close to the [name]Ella[/name]/[name]Bella[/name] trend that’s all the rage right now, while [name]Anneliese[/name] sounds so fresh and exotic to me. If you call your son “[name]Eli[/name]” all the time, I don’t see how it would matter too much. JMO.

I like [name]Annaliese[/name] better. I don’t like it spelled [name]Annalise[/name] because it’s closer to analyze… I guess not that close.

I was reading the other comments re: -liese/[name]Elias[/name], and I don’t think it’s too close, but [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Jonah[/name] are close. -liese and el-i-as are pronounced differently, but [name]Anna[/name]-whichever and [name]Jonah[/name] both have the “na” sound prominent and she will probably go by [name]Anna[/name] (even if not by original wish). You can call her [name]Liese[/name] and [name]Eli[/name], they don’t sound the same to me, they do sound related (understandable that people seem to be attracted to names with a lot of the same sounds and different combinations of letters). If you name her [name]Annabelle[/name], then you might call her [name]Belle[/name] from the get-go and then they would all sound different enough.

I don’t like [name]Annabelle[/name] as much as [name]Annaliese[/name], but I like [name]Belle[/name] a lot more than either of them. I like [name]Anna[/name] also, it’s just not my taste to combine them.

[name]Annabelle[/name]! I agree that it borders on the edge of this while 'ell/'ella trend. However, i think that [name]Annabelle[/name] is the perfect classic name to go with [name]Jonah[/name] and [name]Elias[/name]! [name]Annaliese[/name] is just a bit too frilly for me with the other two more down-to-earth names. Wonderful names all around, though!

[name]Annaliese[/name] sounds better

Easy - [name]Annaliese[/name] by a landslide!! It’s so much better

I completely agree with the [name]Ella[/name]/[name]Belle[/name]/etc trend that [name]Annabelle[/name] fits into.

I like [name]Annabelle[/name] [name]Juliette[/name].
Never liked [name]Annaliese[/name].

What about Chalese pronounced Shu-Lees?