Anne

What are yours thoughts on [name]Anne[/name]? What would you think if you met a young girl or a baby named [name]Anne[/name] (introduced as [name]Anne[/name], not as any [name]Annie[/name] or any other nickname)? Is it boring, dated, unexpected?

I love [name]Anne[/name], actually! It makes me think of [name]Queen[/name] [name]Anne[/name]'s [name]Lace[/name] (which was my favorite “flower” when I was a little girl… haha!) and lace in general and refined, Victorian English society. I read a story once that had a little girl in it named [name]Annette[/name] nn [name]Anne[/name]… I thought it was so striking and I wanted to use [name]Anne[/name] on its own after that! I’m not as much a fan now, and I would probably use [name]Annie[/name] as a nn if I did use [name]Anne[/name], mainly because I love the sweet-and-spunky [name]Annie[/name] so much. But I would love to meet a just [name]Anne[/name], especially if her MN was especially awesome. :slight_smile: I think [name]Anne[/name] [name]Magdalena[/name] or [name]Anne[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] would be so pretty and so striking.

Good luck!

I think I would prefer meeting a little [name]Anne[/name] over many many many other names. [name]Anne[/name] may seem short and incomplete to a lot of people, but it’s a perfect classic of a name used by both Royalty and common people for a very long time. I don’t think it sounds dated whatsoever, it’s one of those names that doesn’t really go out of style because it’s such a classic. [name]Love[/name] [name]Anne[/name]!!! It’s unexpected nowadays, which makes it all the better.

Other options if you feel [name]Anne[/name] may be too boring could include: (I feel any of these could go by [name]Ann[/name]/[name]Anne[/name])

[name]Annelise[/name]/[name]Annaliese[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Annaleigh[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] (I know a little [name]Anna[/name], just [name]Anna[/name], so cute!)
[name]Annika[/name]/[name]Anika[/name]
[name]Alannah[/name] (for a stretch)
[name]Annamaria[/name]

I love [name]Anne[/name]. It’s my middle name and while I used to feel like it was too plain, I actually feel like it is sweet, sophistcated, and classic.

I personally prefer [name]Anna[/name] but I do think [name]Anne[/name] is adorable! I knew a little [name]Anne[/name]… she was an adorable little red head! Cutest little girl ever!

She was just [name]Anne[/name] not [name]Annie[/name] or [name]Anna[/name] or antyhing else! It suited her well!

I think it’s lovely. It’s a classic, it’s got great roots in history and literature. I will admit all the [name]Anne[/name]'s I know are old ladies, but lots of “old lady” names are on their way back. I think if I met a little girl named [name]Anne[/name] I’d think they were named after a relative, and I’d think that was really sweet.

My daughter is [name]Evelyn[/name], which is another “old lady” name on it’s way back, and I get asked often if she’s named for a relative.

I think [name]Anne[/name] is beautiful. It’s classic, refined, and definitely unexpected nowadays. Though it has been used to death as a middle name, it’s so rare now as a first that it feels quite fresh. And you also have a fabulous modern namesake in [name]Anne[/name] Hathaway. :slight_smile:

When I was really young I had a friend named [name]Anne[/name](late 80’s, early 90’s) and I always liked her name. I love [name]Anna[/name], it’s always been a favorite of mine. But [name]Anne[/name] is gorgeous as well. It’s so classic and strong, but still feminine and romantic. And I love the idea of [name]Annette[/name] or [name]Annelise[/name] with the nickname of [name]Anne[/name] as well. Personally, I don’t think you can go wrong with [name]Anne[/name]. Also, [name]Anne[/name] over [name]Ann[/name]. It looks far more finished, and so polished with the “e”.

I love the suggestion of [name]Anne[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]. I also love
[name]Anne[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Anne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Anne[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Anne[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Anne[/name] [name]Elena[/name]
[name]Anne[/name] [name]Isolde[/name]

I love [name]Anne[/name]. think It’s simple, sophisticated and beautiful. Sounds great on the playground and will look great on a business card.
I don’t think one can ask for more than that!
Would have loved it for our daughter–but doesn’t sound great with our last name and dh was concerned it didn’t “go” with our boys’ names.

My name is [name]Anne[/name]. [name]Just[/name] [name]Anne[/name], no middle name. Although I have often wanted a middle name, I never wanted a longer version of my name. I like my name as it is.

love it it’s my middle name without the E. I prefer with the E. Classic and Sweet

I prefer [name]Anna[/name], but I think it would make a fresh choice up front, especially paired with a jazzy middle name. Much prefer it with the e, and I agree with a pp that I’d probably think it was a family name because it’s not come back quite as into fashion yet as some of the other older names. I think I’d also use the nn [name]Annie[/name] on a little girl, but that’s just because I love [name]Annie[/name].

I love the name, [name]Anne[/name]. I love underused classic names and [name]Anne[/name] really is a classic. I probably would use the nickname, [name]Annie[/name], because I think it’s adorable, but [name]Anne[/name] on its own would be a refreshing and unexpected choice.

I love [name]Anne[/name]. Very unexpected, yet lovely.

I really don’t understand why [name]Anne[/name]/[name]Ann[/name] gets so much love, if I’m honest. It only ever seems to suit middle aged women. I know an [name]Anne[/name] my own age (I’m mid twenties) and since she was 12 or so she’s been referring to herself as [name]Anne[/name]-[name]Natasha[/name] (her middle name, which almost sounds worse) because she dislikes her name so much.
It just seems too grown up for a child. On the other hand, I really love [name]Anna[/name]. [name]Annie[/name] is sweet too. [name]Just[/name] not a fan of [name]Anne[/name].

[name]Anne[/name] is a beautiful name fit for more than one queen which makes it a timeless classic. If you want to make it more interesting you could go for a compound version like [name]Anne[/name]-[name]Sophie[/name], [name]Anne[/name]-[name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Anne[/name]-[name]Cecile[/name]

I love [name]Anne[/name], just [name]Anne[/name]. It is classic and lovely. I love [name]Annie[/name] for a young child. I’m really into [name]Anne[/name] [name]Josefine[/name]/ [name]Josephine[/name] at the moment. Someone suggested she be called [name]Annie[/name]-[name]Jo[/name], but I’m not sure that that suits me. I would probably stick to [name]Annie[/name] or [name]Anne[/name].

I like [name]Anne[/name], but like [name]Anna[/name] better. I think it’s because of the way [name]Anne[/name] pronounced in my state (sometimes) with a very nasal “A” sound. For some reason the nasally sound gets lessened with [name]Anna[/name]!

I know an [name]Annette[/name] who prefers [name]Anne[/name]. And [name]Anne[/name] is my absolute favorite [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] heroine (Persuasion).

I do think it is rather boring, but at the same time I would find it refreshing to see on a young child, if that makes sense.