Anneliese vs Annaliese

is anneliese more regal and prettier or annaliese, thank you! :heartpulse:

I personally prefer the [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] spelling to [name_f]Annaliese[/name_f].

1 Like

Anneliese is more traditional. If you were to anglicize it, I would go all the way with Annalise (or Annalisa depending on what pronunciation you are targeting), as oppose to half way with Annaliese.

2 Likes

[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] looks sleeker to me

1 Like

[name_f]Annaliese[/name_f] definitely!

Oops. I mean [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]!

1 Like

Personally, when I read [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f], my mind pronounces it differrently than [name_f]Annaliese[/name_f]. ANNE-liese VS ANNA-liese… if that makes sense.

1 Like

[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] has it for me! It looks more traditional and more sophisticated, to me

1 Like

anneliese looks more aesthetically appealing to me!

1 Like

[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] makes more sense to me personally, just because it is the more traditional spelling.

1 Like

[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] is the standard [name_m]German[/name_m] version in case that matters to you.

In [name_u]Germany[/name_u] they wouldn’t be pronounced the same: ahnn-neh-lee-zeh versus ahnn-nah-lee-zeh.

I think they are both fine.

1 Like

[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] for sure!

1 Like

[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] for sure! That’s my daughter’s name. I briefly considered spelling it [name_f]Annaliese[/name_f] because we thought we might use [name_f]Anna[/name_f] as a sometimes-nickname (especially to help out our elderly grandparents learn her name), but it isn’t as pretty nor as traditional. And it worked out because we have never used [name_f]Anna[/name_f], even though we call her all kinds of variations on her name. (Side note: I think [name_f]Anna[/name_f] is lovely, and have no idea why we never used it and went with [name_f]Liese[/name_f] instead.)

1 Like