Annelise nn Annie or Hannah nn Annie?

annelise for sure!! i love annie, but i don’t instinctively get it from hannah. annie makes perfect sense for annelise, and it’s still a fresh and unexpected way to get it in my opinion while also feeling so apparent and familiar :two_hearts:

If you’re wanting to get to the name “Annie” the best thing you can do is name her [name_f]Annie[/name_f]. Not every kid wants a nickname and not every person will use the nickname you are wanting to use. So the best way to [name_f]Annie[/name_f] is [name_f]Annie[/name_f].

The next best default would be [name_u]Anne[/name_u] would be [name_u]Anne[/name_u] and just tell people you are naming your child something you like and not something they approve of. Best advice I can give is to limit the name conversations with others. 4 kids and we don’t reveal any sort of name ideas until after the baby has been born and named.

[name_f]Annelise[/name_f] would be my pick as it’s hard for me to see [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] defaulting to [name_f]Annie[/name_f] at all. I know a few Hannah’s and have never thought to call them [name_f]Annie[/name_f]. But [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] could always have other defaults like [name_f]Elise[/name_f]. So again if you want [name_f]Annie[/name_f] I vote [name_f]Annie[/name_f] unless you’re ok with all the other first name/ nickname options others might end up using or your child end up preferring.

I may be biased because [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] is my middle name (spelled the same) but i world personally chose it over [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. I feel it fits better with the nickname [name_f]Annie[/name_f]. I feel like it’s also a bit classier, it’s sounds dainty and delicate but also strong. I also like the way you spell it because I feel, like you, that the other versions are a bit ‘too much’ for the lack of a better word. I don’t know if this helps, but i hope it did!

1 Like

I’ve loved [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] my whole adult life!

That’s so funny! :joy: I haven’t heard people syress the second A so much.

[name_f]Annelise[/name_f] is classier and less basic.

1 Like