Annika!

I have loved the name [name_f]Annika[/name_f] for 3+ years. I find it very beautiful. But…

Am I pronouncing it wrong? I pronounce it [name_f]Ann[/name_f]-i-kuh. I hope that makes sense. The i in the middle sounds how you would begin to say it.

Also, any new middle names?

[name_f]Annika[/name_f] is beautiful! Looking at the middle names in your signature, you might like:

[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Sonnet[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]

I’ve always heard/said it like “AHN-ih-kah,” with the first A like in “far.” I guess you could say it with the first A like in “can,” but that sounds nasal and not as pleasant to me. I knew a Canadian girl named [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] who pronounced her name with that A sound (the Na- like in “nasty”) and it always sounded silly to me, like she was mispronouncing her own name.

I like [name_f]Katinka[/name_f]'s suggestions of [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] and [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f].

[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Lumi[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Ciel[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Neve[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]

I’m from Germany and we say “Ahn-nik-ah”.

I don’t mind [name_f]Annika[/name_f], but it does sound somewhat dated to me I guess.

I’m British and I would pronounce it [name_f]ANN[/name_f]-ih-kuh, but if you’re American that probably doesn’t mean much since British people pronounce vowels differently from Americans. For example, the way Americans say [name_f]Anne[/name_f] to me sounds almost like they’re saying “En”. (If you interested, compare the first three pronunciations of [name_f]Anne[/name_f] on Forvo. The first two are American, and the third by bananaman is English, which is close to how I say it.)

I pronounce [name_f]Annika[/name_f] the same way as you - [name_f]Ann[/name_f]-i-kuh (I’m Canadian). I know a girl with this name and love it on her! [name_u]Unique[/name_u] name which is cool, but she can go by [name_f]Annie[/name_f] if she ever wants a nickname. I don’t think it’s dated.

I like these combos:
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

My daughter’s middle name is [name_f]Anneke[/name_f] (spelled in the more traditional Dutch way). We pronounce it AHN-i-ka.

We know a few girls with [name_f]Annika[/name_f] as a first name. Some pronounce it AHN-i-ka and others pronounce it [name_f]ANN[/name_f]-i-ka. Either way, it’s a lovely name!

I love [name_f]Annika[/name_f]! I pronounce it the same way you do. I like the combo [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u].

Thanks everyone! I love all of the suggestions, but I really love [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]! Again, thanks everyone. Have a good day!