Anniston Kae?

Chyler [name]Leigh[/name] ([name]Grey[/name]'s Anatomy) just named her baby [name]Anniston[/name] [name]Kae[/name]. All I can think of is [name]Jennifer[/name] [name]Anniston[/name]. Siblings are [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Taelyn[/name].

Is this an extension of the last name trend? Is [name]Anniston[/name] a very well known last name in its own right? The only time I’ve ever heard it is in connection with [name]Jennifer[/name] [name]Anniston[/name]…I supposed people have been naming their children after celebrities for a long time, but for some reason, using a celebrity’s LAST name seems odd to me.

I would love to hear other’s thoughts!

Oh, what a horrid name! I remember reading somewhere that the mom is a fan of awful, trendy names (my description of her style, not hers!), and that she just liked the name Aniston. [name]Jennifer[/name] Aniston’s last name (shortened from Anistonopolous) is spelled with one N, so I’m sure this woman thought that adding an extra “n” would make a world of difference. Uh, not quite… :slight_smile:

Really [name]Jill[/name]? I thought she said that she chose [name]Noah[/name], and her husband chose Taylen? (I don’t remember it!) and [name]Anniston[/name]. She said they have a system where each guess the gender they think the bub will be and whoever guesses correctly gets naming rights! Maybe I got them switched up though.

I agree wholly - it’s horrid. [name]Kae[/name] is blah and lacklustre and aurally, [name]Anniston[/name] practically sounds like stalker material. :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Sophie[/name]! I’m sure you’re right. I just remember reading an interview she gave around the time she announced the baby would be “Aniston,” and she said something about liking “yooneek” names (my spelling, not hers).

Ahh…I found the article. She was saying how she and her husband both like unique names, and they wanted something different (more yooneek than [name]Taelyn[/name]). He thought of Aniston, and she thought he did a great job.

So, yeah. He picked it, and she approved, which confirms that neither has taste! :slight_smile:

I must say, I really dislike this name :frowning: It somehow sounds too harsh to me and yes, all I can think of is [name]Jennifer[/name] Aniston when I hear it!

[name]Gracie[/name]