Another Caroline vs Alice poll!

This is so hard!!
Caroline and Alice seem to be front runners. My husband has a slight preference for Caroline in the first slot.
I have a slight preference for Alice. So does my 9 year old son. Lol.
I’ve become very attached to the name Alice now and the Alice in Wonderland connection!

I’ve also pretty much decided to do a double middle name. Even though my mom thinks it’s crazy. Lol. It’s just a nice chance to use more names we love since this will likely be our only girl.

Charlotte is my husband’s favorite name that I had to veto as a first name since it’s my sister’s name.
But would be nice as an honor name in the middle!
Virginia was my grandmother’s name that I didn’t want to use in the first name slot because of teasing potential even though we both liked it.
And Emerson is my given middle name (and a family name) that I am set on using in the middle since Dh vetoed it as a first name.
Our last name is 3 syllables and starts with an McK.

In the end it may come down to how much Dh wants Caroline but curious which combo others prefer!
Dh is against a double first name so she’ll only be called by whichever first name we choose.

• Caroline Alice Emerson McK…
  • Alice Charlotte Emerson McK…
  • Alice Virginia Emerson McK…

0 voters

1 Like

I honestly think these are all beautiful and you can’t go wrong! I voted for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] but I think I have a slight preference because that is my niece’s name, but I love [name_f]Alice[/name_f] as well (and the [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in Wonderland connection). Good luck!

I loved [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]. I like [name_f]Alice[/name_f] a bit better than [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. Hopefully if you offer [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] in the middle as a compromise you can get your husband on board :slight_smile: Your sister should be in favor of this too, as an added bonus!

Absolutely adore [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] :heart_eyes:

I voted [name_f]Alice[/name_f] last time & I’m voting [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] this time, so I can’t decide either :sweat_smile:
Both are lovely names. I changed my vote because I prefer the sound of [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] slightly more than either [name_f]Alice[/name_f] combo.

As other members mentioned, you can’t go wrong with any of those options. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is a favorite of mine because it’s classic, versatile and international. I also love [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in Wonderland :heart:

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is another favorite of mine and I love that it honors your sister. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] just flow so well together because they are both strong classics.

Good luck for the final pick!

It’s interesting to me that this board seems to prefer [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and the Babycenter names board prefers [name_f]Caroline[/name_f].
Is that because there are more international members here and Babycenter is more American?

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] is my favourite!! [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] would be my next pick!!

I love [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]! I recently heard it on a little girl and was even more charmed hearing it on someone. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is fantastic, too, but I think I prefer Caroline’s bright, energetic feel to Alice’s lacier one.

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] is such a pretty, old fashioned, classic, and stylish name! I’m going to name one of my daughters [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is also a nice name, but I do prefer [name_f]Alice[/name_f] to it. As for middle names, [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] are both beautiful names, but I don’t think they go together, both being two syllable and with similar endings. What about [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]?

I like [name_f]Alice[/name_f] a lot more than [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. Anyways, I really like [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] is also okay.

I considered [name_f]Alice[/name_f] Caroline… but I have the least attachment to [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] out of all the ones mentioned and I feel like if [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is the first name I’d rather have something more meaningful in the middle. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister would love it if [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] were her middle name and I think as a name my husband and I both prefer it to [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] (I just can’t use it as a first name because my mom would be confused all the time and it would drive me crazy!)

I also considered [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] if my husband really wants [name_f]Caroline[/name_f].
But I feel like those are too similar and I’ve gotten attached to the idea of [name_f]Alice[/name_f] being in there!!!

I think it’ll come down to [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] or [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and I’m leaning towards [name_f]Alice[/name_f] Charlotte!!

I asked my husband how he’s feeling and he basically says the choice is up to me because he likes both! Eek! So much pressure! I’ll keep thinking about it trying them both out but I’m leaning towards [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]!

I do very slightly prefer the flow of [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] but you really can’t go wrong with anything you’re considering.

1 Like

Ooooo I kind of like the sound of that…

1 Like

I do love [name_f]Alice[/name_f] next to [name_u]Emerson[/name_u].
I also like how it mimics my given name.

I was born [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] Emerson…. and when I got married I dropped [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] and used my maiden name as a middle name. It didn’t occur to me I could keep both!
Now that I’m planning to give my daughter a double middle name and one of them would be [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] I’m planning to eventually petition a judge to add [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] back to my name!! I think it would make me happy to get it back.
So my initials would be AEBM and hers would be AECM.

1 Like