Another girl name that flows with...

Our kids’ names are [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Joy[/name], [name]Timothy[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] and Aaralyn [name]Rayne[/name]

If we have another girl, what do you think we should name her?
I love so many boys’ names (and I have a thread going for possible boys’ names over in the boy forum) but I find girls’ names so tough. We like Hebrew/Greek names but I’m also interested in a lot of Welsh/Gaelic names. We like names with a lot of meaning that will honor God and signify our [name]Christian[/name] faith… [name]Eliana[/name] means “God has answered”, [name]Timothy[/name] means “To honor God”, Aaralyn means “With song” (and [name]Rayne[/name] means “Song of the [name]Lord[/name]”)

Here are a few that I like:

[name]Long[/name] names
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Emmalyn[/name]

Shorter names
[name]Alma[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] (maybe [name]Dorathea[/name] or [name]Althea[/name] and use [name]Thea[/name] as a nn)
I also like [name]Dora[/name]/[name]Nora[/name]/[name]Cora[/name] even though they don’t fit the usual pattern… lol

Really! You named your baby girl [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Joy[/name]?!?!? That is my very very top name for a baby girl, first name & middle name too! I’m due in 2 weeks and that’s the name we chose for baby -except that it turns out he is a boy. boo hoo! Oh well, maybe I will keep it for baby #2. It’s an absolutely beautiful name! Your other children’s names are very nice too, but [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Joy[/name] takes the cake. :slight_smile: Your criteria is similar to mine, so here are some of my other favourite baby girl names:
[name]Adelaide[/name]: not Biblical but means “noble” and is related to [name]Alice[/name]… so since it’s on your list…
[name]Kathryn[/name]: again, not Biblical, but means “pure”
[name]Elyse[/name]/[name]Elise[/name]: from [name]Elizabeth[/name], means “God is my oath”
[name]Tamar[/name]: although the story of [name]Tamar[/name] in the Bible is a little odd, I am impressed at the lengths she went to follow the traditions/laws set out by God for His people.
[name]Tabitha[/name]: The story of [name]Dorcas[/name]/[name]Tabitha[/name] in the Bible is inspiring and sets a good precedent for any child to be generous and helpful and community focused.
[name]Arabella[/name]/[name]Arabelle[/name]: NB says that this name means “yielding to prayer”; babynames.com says it means “beautiful lion” -which brings to mind the lion of [name]Judah[/name]…
[name]Arielle[/name]/[name]Ariel[/name]: Hebrew name that means “lion of God” & is also the name of a city (see [name]Isaiah[/name] 29) that God punishes but then rescues with thunder and a whirlwind!! :slight_smile:
[name]Joanna[/name] or [name]Jane[/name]: baby boy who is due so soon will be named [name]John[/name], so we can’t use these two names but they are feminizations of the name [name]John[/name] & mean God is gracious.
[name]Ruth[/name] -I would be more likely to use this as a mn, but it means “friend” and her story of faithfulness is very moving.

From your list, I like:
[name]Esme[/name] -especially since it means “beloved” -we are called beloved so many times by God in Scripture!
[name]Thea[/name] -I like this as a nn, but I don’t like it as a full name and am not fond of the full names I know that could use [name]Thea[/name] as a nn.
[name]Nora[/name] -I prefer [name]Nora[/name] as a nn for a longer name like [name]Eleanor[/name]. Although, [name]Eleanor[/name] is too close to [name]Eliana[/name] for you to use, imo.
Other than [name]Evangeline[/name], the other names don’t seem to fit your criteria imo. [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Emmalyn[/name], [name]Alma[/name] aren’t Hebrew or Welsh/Gaelic & don’t have meanings that refer to God, do they?

Enjoy the name hunt! :slight_smile: