Another look at our longer list

Hello! I’ve posted a few times about baby #3- brother or sister (we’re not finding out) to our daughters [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. We’re pretty sure we’ve narrowed it down to 2 names for a girl, but they’ve been rattling around in my head and I wanted to throw out our longer list to you just to get thoughts flowing again.

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] &…

• [name_u]Ivy[/name_u]
  • [name_u]June[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Willa[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Wren[/name_u]

Appreciate your thoughts!

I think [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_u]Ivy[/name_u], [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], & [name_f]Violet[/name_f] all match the vibe the best while still giving her a unique flair. Of those, I would probably pick [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_f]Mae[/name_f].

1 Like

I’ve been really digging [name_f]Mae[/name_f] lately but is she too short next to [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]?

1 Like

I honestly think any of the names would work, but from your list I was most drawn to [name_f]Violet[/name_f] as a sister to [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f].

It’s actually not one of my favourite names (but I can see the appeal); however, I think sound and style-wise it’s a perfect match for the sisters.

Its sounds are very distinct from [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and I like that each girl would have her own first and last letter.

1 Like

Definitely [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_f]Mae[/name_f], either is lovely!!!

1 Like

I think it’s a hard tie between [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_f]Mae[/name_f]! Both beautiful choices!!!

1 Like

All of these names go with [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], I think.
But I think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] would be my first choice for another sister. I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f]!

1 Like

I really don’t think so. It stands out, gives some spunk. If her middle name is longer, that might help too. But I really don’t think it’s an issue.

1 Like

All of them are lovely. I think [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is my favorite with your daughters followed by [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and then [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is also a really good match.

1 Like

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] are definitely my favourites out of these. Especially [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].

1 Like

I like [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] with your other girls. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is my favorite, though.

1 Like

I’m enjoying:

[name_u]Ivy[/name_u] → bright, sharp and pretty

[name_f]Mae[/name_f] → distinctive but gentle and light

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] → lyrical and charming

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] → carefree, confident and bright

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] fave with this set is [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], followed closely by [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] :blush:

1 Like

[name_u]Ivy[/name_u], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] all fit really nicely! I think [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is my favorite combo

1 Like

[name_u]Ivy[/name_u], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] are my favorite :star_struck:

1 Like

Congratulations!!

Your daughters have lovely names - vintage and sweet but also strong.

Here are my top 3 from your list…
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] - [name_f]Gorgeous[/name_f], vintage and goes very well with your girls’ names. Personally I am a big fan of having a flowery connection to a name, and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is just that! I sound like a botanist here (:rofl:) but in the Victorian flower language, violets symbolise everlasting love (blue violets) and eternal beauty (purple violets). Fun fact!

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] - I really like this name, and it sounds very melodic with your daughter’s names. Now I won’t go off ranting about flowers again, but the rose is a great connection. [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] feels timeless and stunning, and bonus points if you like the nickname [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]!

[name_f]Mae[/name_f] - She’s short and sweet, with lots of kick! [name_f]Mae[/name_f] feels timeless and very lovely next to your girls’ names.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

1 Like

Honestly, any of these girl names would make a lovely fit with [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. I think my favorite is [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. It just seems to fit perfectly with your other daughter’s names and I just love the name [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], spunky and fun! [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] would be a close second, it has a spark to it that I’ve always liked.

1 Like

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] was my first thought for a sister for [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]! I also think a [name_f]Cora[/name_f] name (like [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Coralie[/name_f], Coraline?) would be perfect with [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and Eloise… but I also really like [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] from your list with [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is my top choice from your options, followed by [name_u]Ivy[/name_u]! Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone! I think our top two are still [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] but this thread has really brought [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] back into the mix for me…

Gonna run it by the husband and see what he thinks. I thought girl names would be easier by #3! Hoping for a moment of clarity/ inspiration before [name_u]July[/name_u] :crossed_fingers:

One more- what would you use for a middle name for [name_f]Mae[/name_f]? Would like to honor [name_f]Rita[/name_f] or [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. Can’t use [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] or Claire/ [name_u]Clare[/name_u]. Really like [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and was considering [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] as our [name_f]Willa[/name_f] combo. For [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] middle would be [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. But can’t figure out what to put with Mae…