Another name Quiz-Middle Names

Heres a name quiz strictly on middle names.

1. [name]How[/name] many middle names do your kids(or future kids) have?
  2. Is your middle name part of a tradition in your family?
  3. What do you look for in a perfect middle name?
  4. Would you use a common middle name ever?
  5. [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Elizabeth[/name] is too popular as a middle name?
  6. What is your favourite name, first and middle, boy or girl?

Mine:

1. Well, I’m thinking of naming my daughter [name]Brigette[/name] [name]Michelle[/name], so only one, but I adore two middle names. I’m thinking of changing the name to [name]Brigette[/name] [name]Ann[/name] [name]Michelle[/name], or [name]Brigette[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Michelle[/name](which doesnt flow as well). For my next girl(if I ever had one) with the first name [name]Rose[/name], I would consider two middle names.
  2. No. My dad just liked it.
  3. I look for if it flows. I would say that I always look for middle names that are named after someone, but thats not always true for me.
  4. Well, [name]Ann[/name] is really popular, and I was thinking [name]Brigette[/name] [name]Ann[/name] [name]Michelle[/name], so yes, but only if there are two middle names. But, I was thinking about [name]Rose[/name] [name]Marie[/name] for my next daughter, because marie is a tradition that not everyone follows in my family.
  5. YES. Its almost like everyone is using it nowadays. But dont get me wrong, [name]Elisabeth[/name]/[name]Elizabeth[/name] is a beautiful first name.
  6. Its [name]Brigette[/name] [name]Michelle[/name](possibly [name]Brigette[/name] [name]Ann[/name] [name]Michelle[/name]).
    I think 1 or possibly 2, depends what my future husband wants. I myself have 3 middle names and here its common to have 2
  2. Is your middle name part of a tradition in your family?
    I dont know, my middle names are my mother and grandmothers first names
  3. What do you look for in a perfect middle name?
    A good flow or names that i love but cant use as a first name
  4. Would you use a common middle name ever?
    If it flows and I like it, yes
  5. [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Elizabeth[/name] is too popular as a middle name?
    well it goes with almost everything.
    Girl: [name]Riley[/name] [name]Isabella[/name].

My husband and I are considering giving our first son two middle names. My husband is jewish so the tradition is that you name a child after a deceased family member, DH has a small family and when he was born his gradnfather was alive so there werent many people meaningful enough to name him after. My in-laws instead decided to give him his fathers mddle name and start a new family tradition. We will follow that tradition and give our son my husbands name as a middle name but I would like to add another middle to make it a little more modern. The type of other middle name we add to [name]Russell[/name] (my DH’s name) will depend on the first name we choose. I Think your combo [name]Brigette[/name] [name]Ann[/name] [name]Michelle[/name] sounds beautiful. [name]Elizabeth[/name] is really common but… its not uncommon for someone to have a unique uncommon first name and a traditional middle name. A lot of my friends are choosing less common first names and using a family name as the middle so if you love it dont hesitiate!

1. [name]How[/name] many middle names do your kids(or future kids) have?- I plan on my Kids having only one middle name

2. Is your middle name part of a tradition in your family? Middles Names are not a tradition in my family, in fact I am the only one in my family with a middle name.

3. What do you look for in a perfect middle name? I would like the middle name to flow with the first name, be not to long, and possibly have meaning.

4. Would you use a common middle name ever? Probably Not…

5. [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Elizabeth[/name] is too popular as a middle name? I really don’t think so. [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a very pretty name and has meaning to alot of people.

6. What is your favourite name, first and middle, boy or girl? OOOOOO… tough. I don’t think I know to be Honest.

1. Only one.
  2. It was my mother’s middle name and she gave it to my sister and me.
  3. Something with meaning or after someone special.
  4. If there was meaning behind it.
  5. Nope. I love it.
  6. Hmm… [name]Micah[/name] [name]Don/name & [name]Laila[/name] [name]Eve[/name]

1. [name]How[/name] many middle names do your kids(or future kids) have? [name]Just[/name] the one. I think double middle names are a little cumbersome.
  2. Is your middle name part of a tradition in your family? No, but I was named after a Great Aunt
  3. What do you look for in a perfect middle name? Flow, meaning to me, and same style as the first name.
  4. Would you use a common middle name ever? I think [name]Katherine[/name] is pretty common, but I would use that. But I hate [name]Marie[/name].
  5. [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Elizabeth[/name] is too popular as a middle name? Maybe? I don’t think popularity really matters for middle names.
  6. What is your favourite name, first and middle, boy or girl? Boy: [name]Henry[/name] [name]Andrew[/name] Girl: [name]Willa[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Greer[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
    My future children have 1 middle name - though I would love them to have more!
  2. Is your middle name part of a tradition in your family? Sort of. Many of the females in my family have my middle name [name]Jayne[/name], although the spellings differ.
  3. What do you look for in a perfect middle name? I look for something family orientated or a variant.
  4. Would you use a common middle name ever? I have a common middle name, so yes!
  5. [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Elizabeth[/name] is too popular as a middle name? No. As a middle name I think it is beautiful and elegant!
    Boy: [name]James[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
    Girl: [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jayne[/name]

I love your name quizzes!

1. My kids all have two middle names, and so will the baby we’re expecting.
  2. Yeah, my middle name is the same as my dad’s - [name]Zachary[/name]. And now it’s my son’s first name.
  3. Something that flows well with the first and last name, of course, and either something that honors a family member or close friend, or something we love that’s too popular/trendy to use as a first name.
  4. Yup, I don’t see a problem with it. My oldest daughter’s second middle name is [name]Rose[/name]. It sounds nice and honors someone.
  5. I guess, but so what? It’s a nice name. I prefer it as a first name, though.
  6. [name]Julia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Delia[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] for a girl. I’m stumped for boys names. :frowning:
  1. [name]How[/name] many middle names do your kids(or future kids) have? [name]Just[/name] one. I was contemplating two, but my husband reminded me that whenever you have to include middle names on forms, there’s barely enough letters for a first name! That convinced me not to push for two :slight_smile:

2. Is your middle name part of a tradition in your family? Hahaha YES although it was supposed to be my first name (cultural reasons). Mum hated [name]Eugenie[/name] so it became my second name :slight_smile: My aunt hated it too (it’s the name of a mutual grandmother) so she named her daughter [name]Evelyn[/name] and claimed that it’s a diminuitive (it’s not). [name]Lucky[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]!

3. What do you look for in a perfect middle name? First, do the intended initials spell anything bad. Then flow, stylistic fit, or whether or not I’d consider using it as a first name for a future sibling - I want a lot of kids and I’d hate to rule out a lovely name by using it as a middle for my firstborn!

4. Would you use a common middle name ever? Umm. Maybe. My mother’s mn is [name]Anne[/name] and I might like to honour her. But probably I’d blend it into something else. It depends what you class as ‘common’ - I love [name]Rose[/name] and occasionally [name]May[/name]. I would never use [name]Marie[/name].

5. [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Elizabeth[/name] is too popular as a middle name? Not at all, it’s all [name]Marie[/name]/[name]Lynn[/name]/[name]Louise[/name]/[name]Eloise[/name] where I live. Mostly [name]Marie[/name]. I adore [name]Elisabeth[/name] (spelled that way) and it goes really well with a lot of my first name choices - I’d definitely use it!

6. What is your favourite name, first and middle, boy or girl? Urgh I have so much trouble with middle names! And I don’t have one favourite, because every middle name is tied to the first name, so some go better than others. Two that I adore are:
    [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
    [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Wesley[/name]

1. [name]How[/name] many middle names do your kids(or future kids) have? 1.
  2. Is your middle name part of a tradition in your family? Yes. :slight_smile:
  3. What do you look for in a perfect middle name? Good flow, family connections maybe.
  4. Would you use a common middle name ever? Yes, if I loved it and it flowed well.
  5. [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Elizabeth[/name] is too popular as a middle name? No, it may be a little overdone but it’s still beautiful.
  6. What is your favourite name, first and middle, boy or girl? [name]Declan[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Jane[/name], although the middle names are too similar, I haven’t thought of anything better!
  1. [name]How[/name] many middle names do your kids(or future kids) have? I have two. I’d probably give my kids one or two, depending on how my future husband feels about middle names. I don’t have a strong preference, though using two means you get to use more names you love!
  2. Is your middle name part of a tradition in your family? Yes, I’m Jewish and we use middle names to honor deceased relatives. My middle name [name]Paige[/name] is in honor of my grandfather [name]Paul[/name]. My second middle is my mom’s maiden name.
  3. What do you look for in a perfect middle name? It has to be a name I love a lot and it should flow very well with the first and last name. It should ideally have a different number of syllables than the first name. I also prefer if the first and middle name are of similar style.
  4. Would you use a common middle name ever? If I really loved it, sure. I like [name]Rose[/name] a lot in the middle, but I’d probably use it as a second middle name. But in general I’m all for finding something more obscure in the middle.
  5. [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Elizabeth[/name] is too popular as a middle name? Not really, I don’t think anything can be too popular as a middle. Sure there are some boring middle names, including [name]Anne[/name], [name]Marie[/name], [name]Nicole[/name], [name]Kate[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Lynn[/name] for girls. But I don’t think there’s anything wrong with those. [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a gorgeous name and I’d be more hesitant to use it as a first name since it’s pretty popular.
  6. What is your favourite name, first and middle, boy or girl? Today, I’m really feeling [name]Perseus[/name] [name]Bram[/name] ([name]Percy[/name]) and [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Daisy[/name].
  1. [name]How[/name] many middle names do your kids(or future kids) have? 1, unless the father has 2
  2. Is your middle name part of a tradition in your family? no
  3. What do you look for in a perfect middle name? Flows well and sounds good
  4. Would you use a common middle name ever? Yes, but only if it was with another middle name
  5. [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Elizabeth[/name] is too popular as a middle name? No
  6. What is your favourite name, first and middle, boy or girl? [name]Rory[/name] [name]Lachlan[/name] and [name]Billie[/name] [name]Meredith[/name]
  1. [name]How[/name] many middle names do your kids(or future kids) have? [name]Just[/name] 1. I don’t have a problem with multiple middle names, but I don’t really like the sound of them. They just sound like lists to me, and they’re kind of unnecessary.
  2. Is your middle name part of a tradition in your family? Yes, it’s my grandmother’s.
  3. What do you look for in a perfect middle name? I like names (first and middle) that have a meaning or story behind them. That’s the most important thing to me. It can be a family name, something significant in your life, an event that happened specific to the baby, a favorite artist or figure, or whatever, but I think names are better when they have a personal meaning, and it goes doubly for middles. Sound and flow are much less important, but I think it’s a good idea to balance different styles and different levels of popularity to make it more interesting and for the child to fall back on something if the first name doesn’t suit them.
  4. Would you use a common middle name ever? Yes. I’ve actually considered [name]Marie[/name] because it’s an anagram of a close relatives name (I really don’t like her name). But I may end up using [name]Marielle[/name] instead- the first half is still the anagram.
  5. [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Elizabeth[/name] is too popular as a middle name? Well, it’s a very popular name- first and middle. Plus it’s classic. So I guess not. If your first name is something bizarre, I actually think something a tad boring is okay in the middle.
  6. What is your favourite name, first and middle, boy or girl? Boy- [name]Ray[/name] [name]Henry[/name] or [name]Amedeo[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]. Girl- [name]Elysia[/name] [name]Marielle[/name]. All names, first and middle, have special meaning to me. Based on sound alone, though, it would be [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Noemi[/name] and [name]Callum[/name] [name]James[/name]

1. [name]How[/name] many middle names do your kids(or future kids) have? I have no kids, but I would go with either one or two middle names…it just depends.
2. Is your middle name part of a tradition in your family? No, but I was named after a song, which I think is special. :slight_smile:
3. What do you look for in a perfect middle name? I want it to flow well with the other names, and I want it to be a viable option if my child ends up not wanting to be called by their first name. It would be nice if it were a family name, and of course I have to like it!
4. Would you use a common middle name ever? Not unless it was a family name that I felt compelled to use. “Filler” middle names drive me up the wall.
5. [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Elizabeth[/name] is too popular as a middle name? A little bit. It’s not as overused as some middle name options ([name]Marie[/name], [name]Ann[/name], nowadays [name]Rose[/name]…), but I still prefer it as a first name. It’s far too pretty to be relegated to the middle spot, I say!
6. What is your favourite name, first and middle, boy or girl? Haha, this changes all the time for me. I guess I’m kinda digging [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Anne[/name] for a girl and [name]Abel[/name] [name]Roy[/name] [name]Edward[/name] for a boy.