Another nickname post 🪺

Does nn “Huck” work for [name_u]Charles[/name_u]? I know [name_m]Chuck[/name_m] is a nn but I don’t like it.

1 Like

I think it’s a bit of a stretch for me.

It is a bit of a stretch, but a lot of nicknames are!

The nicknames [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] had to come from somewhere, just like [name_u]Jack[/name_u] for [name_m]John[/name_m] or [name_m]Hank[/name_m] for [name_m]Henry[/name_m]…you might start a trend with [name_m]Huck[/name_m] for [name_m]Charles[/name_m] :smile:

Go for it if it feels right!

3 Likes

Stretchy but [name_m]Huck[/name_m] works as a nickname for almost anything.

1 Like

[name_m]Huck[/name_m] feels a bit like a ‘general nickname for boys’ so I guess so :person_shrugging: maybe with the right middle - like [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u], [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_m]Henrik[/name_m], [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_m]Ulric[/name_m], [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_m]Hubert[/name_m], [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_m]Hershel[/name_m], [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_u]Huxley[/name_u]?

4 Likes

I think it works in the sense that a nickname can be nearly anything, but I wouldn’t say that it works specifically as a diminutive of [name_u]Charles[/name_u]. I just can’t really see the relation, sorry!

2 Likes

I see 0 connection personally

It’s a big stretch imo.

i adore this! if chuck can work, why not huck? :smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you!! :grin:

1 Like

might even be trying this on my own partner, as well. i think we chatted before about the fact that he never liked charles, but he does love huck :smiling_face:

might get to have my charles autry after all :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

:face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears: oh I so hope you get to use it!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::revolving_hearts:

1 Like