Another possibility for twins...please help

As another way to honor his little sister who died at birth, my son and d-i-l might consider these two names which are the flowers for her birthmonth ([name]March[/name]) for their twin daughters. The names are [name]Jonquil[/name] and [name]Daffodil[/name]. Here is a list of family names for middles:

[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Lilly[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Bessie[/name]
[name]Effie[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Lucretia[/name]
[name]Myrtle[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
Obala
[name]Oma[/name]
[name]Allie[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Ann[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Louvenia[/name]
Idras
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Mehitabel[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
Abasha
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Maria[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Ida[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]
Mazy
[name]Amanda[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Elaine[/name]
[name]Gertrude[/name]
[name]Edith[/name]
[name]Luella[/name]
[name]Christina[/name]
[name]Betsy[/name]
[name]Magdaline[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
Sophina

Can you come up with some combos for these names using one or two of the family names with [name]Jonquil[/name] and [name]Daffodil[/name]? They want two middle names for each daughter. Surname is [name]Powell[/name]. Other names they have considered in the past are [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Esther[/name], and [name]Riley[/name]. Yes, I know. They are all over the place style-wise right now and just not sure what they want. [name]Jonna[/name] or Quil would be cute nn’s for [name]Jonquil[/name], but what would work as a nn for [name]Daffodil[/name]? [name]Dilly[/name], Fo-Fo. ???

I haven’t looked through your list yet - but I just wanted to say that “[name]Jonquil[/name]” and “[name]Daffodil[/name]” are so cute and such a lovely idea to honor the memory of your daughter. Are these the definate first names, then?

No, nothing is definite LOL. Like I said, they have been all over the place with what they like. These are just some possibilities they are considering. [name]Just[/name] thinking maybe someone will come up with 2 combos they can’t resist with the names they are considering. Some other names that have also hit their fancy are [name]Alexandra[/name]/[name]Alexandria[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name]/[name]Isabella[/name].

They made a wonderful web site in memory of my daughter. Anyone who would like to visit the address is http://destinypowell.info/

I will warn you to enter at your own risk however since many of you are expecting little ones yourself and it may be upsetting to you to be reminded that each of our children is a gift from God and we don’t always get to say how long they can be with us. I pray that no one here will know this pain ever. :frowning:

I completely understand - perhaps too well. I nearly lost my daughter at 3 days of age, and am still in danger of that since she has a life-threatening medical condition. She is a complete miracle and every day we have with her is a gift from God. Life is fragile and yet so miraculous. Those of us who have lost (or nearly lost) children are uniquely blessed with a deep (and sometimes painful) understanding of this. Children are a gift to be treasured and I thank God that we are able to treasure the ones that He has chosen to bless us with, even if it’s just for a short time before He calls them to Himself.
(No offense intended to anyone, and I certainly don’t mean to bring up any painful memories to anyone, so my apologies if I have.)

My youngest daughter is my miracle child. We were told that she probably had Down’s Syndrome at 19 weeks gestation. We were sent for a level II ultrasound which revealed a ventricular septal defect in her heart and were told without emergency surgery the next day we would lose her within days (the same way we lost her sister). I had a cervical cerclage the next morning, and was put on bedrest until 35 1/2 weeks when my water broke. A fetal echocardiogram at 22 weeks revealed the hole in her heart had closed on it’s own. We refused any further testing for Down’s. She was born perfectly healthy (no Down’s or anything else wrong with her). She was sent home 2 days later where the only problem she ever had was mild jaundice requiring she use a bil-light in her bassinet for several days. I pray your daughter continues to do well medically. [name]Treasure[/name] each moment!

Thank you so much!

Well here’s some names for starters:

nn:
[name]Jonquil[/name] - nn. [name]Jonna[/name] or [name]Quilla[/name]
[name]Daffodil[/name] - nn. [name]Daffy[/name] or [name]Effie[/name]

mn combos: (I tried to not use any repeats)

[name]Jonquil[/name] [name]Anna[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Daffodil[/name] Sophina [name]Ann[/name]

[name]Jonquil[/name] [name]Maria[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Daffodil[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Christina[/name]

[name]Jonquil[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]
[name]Daffodil[/name] [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Jonquil[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Daffodil[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]

[name]Jonquil[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Daffodil[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Hannah[/name]

I hope you like them, but feel free to take them, change them, or leave them. :wink:

[name]Jonquil[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Jonquil[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Jonquil[/name] [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Jonquil[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Jonquil[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (atlhough [name]Jon[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] are really close…)
[name]Jonquil[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Daffodil[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Daffodil[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Daffodil[/name] [name]Honor[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Daffodil[/name] [name]Margo[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Daffodil[/name] [name]Maisie[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Daffodil[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Daffodil[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]

[name]Both[/name] middles from the list:

[name]Daffodil[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Louise[/name] (I pronounce [name]Margaret[/name] with three syllables, the middle one being very subtle)
[name]Daffodil[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Daffodil[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Daffodil[/name] Mazy [name]Elizabeth[/name]

[name]Jonquil[/name] Sophina [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Jonquil[/name] Sophina [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Jonquil[/name] Sophina [name]Louise[/name]

I’m so sorry for your loss, Unie… I went to your site, and [name]Destiny[/name] was a beautiful baby girl. You’re in my thoughts…

Take care! :slight_smile:

[name]Jonquil[/name] [name]Celia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Powell[/name] and [name]Daffodil[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Powell[/name] - that is my pick! Personally, I think [name]Jonquil[/name] and [name]Daffodil[/name] are too out there for first names, but they would make stunning middle names as a means of honoring your daughter…

[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Daffodil[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Powell[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] [name]Jonquil[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Powell[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Daffodil[/name] [name]Christina[/name] [name]Powell[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jonquil[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Powell[/name]

I don’t know if you and your family are religious at all, but your son and daughter-in-law could also choose saint names based on those saints whose feast days are in [name]March[/name], such as:

[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Katharine[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Angela[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Teresa[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Mathilda[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]