Another Team Green Arrived

So our top two girl contenders had always been [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] and [name_u]Promise[/name_u] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]. I went into active labor late on the 10th. We rushed to the hospital as my contractions literally seemed to jump 0-60. I blame nursing my toddler for pushing me there. But similar to my previous two labors when baby decided they wanted out they meant it. So like the other two times I was rushed up via wheel chair, skipped triage, told baby was still head down- so a vbac attempt was possible :raised_hands:t3:, I arrived at 4cm but was told I was progressing fast so they rushed to get my desired epidural in. At 4:30am the next day I was told I was finally 10cm and able to start pushing. At 4:56 my husband announced…. “It’s a boy!” :flushed:

Yep! I said it! And hubby said I physically recoiled in that moment. We were both completely stunned! The only one who thought boy during my pregnancy was my almost 3yo! I’ve guessed wrong with EVERY pregnancy but this was a first time where everyone else was guessing wrong with me. And with that we had to finalize our name….

So. We knew our middle name choice was [name_m]Stephen[/name_m]. This has been on our middle name shortlist since my very first pregnancy. I think it goes with the biblical classic name vibe as my other two sons middles [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_u]James[/name_u]. I love what I read about [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] in the Bible, described as a man full of “God’s grace and power”. Who “performed amazing miracles and signs among the people.” Not to mention he was a true display of unwavering faith.

For the first we had trouble collectively getting excited over the same choices. [name_f]My[/name_f] ideal criteria, I wanted, like with [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] and our others kids first name choices a positive biblical namesake.But…, I didn’t want something popular. I didn’t want some big name but one who’s name has a specific story come to mind that they could grasp to. Unlike my previous two sons, I also wanted a more positive name meaning. I wanted to avoid creating a pattern with unfortunate name meanings. I was happy [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] already meant “crown”. Hubby Inthink struggled creating and maintaining a desired name shortlist. I didn’t want to just force my ideal on him so Inwas ready to find that compromise and suggested we wait to finalize until after eating breakfast but he told me a song had popped into his head repeatedly as I was pushing our son out. He said he felt like this song was confirmation in a way as the name in the song [name_u]Jireh[/name_u] was reminiscent of my very long beloved guilty pleasure boy name …:

So he looked at me and said, “we can name him the name you want.”

So with that [name_m]Jairus[/name_m] [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] was named and became the sibling to [name_m]Jabez[/name_m], [name_f]Esther[/name_f] and [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]! Pronounced like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] with a J in the front. Meaning [name_m]God[/name_m] enlightens.

We are just shy of three weeks with him and it’s still so surreal! We were convinced up until 4:56 [name_f]Girl[/name_f] but [name_m]God[/name_m] had [name_m]Jairus[/name_m] in His plans and had [name_m]Jairus[/name_m] on my heart since I was pregnant with my daughter 5+ years ago. We’re still waiting to see if a nickname pops up and sticks. Right now it’s mostly [name_u]Jai[/name_u] or [name_u]Jai[/name_u] the [name_m]Guy[/name_m] (which kind of meshes with his brothers [name_m]Jabe[/name_m] the [name_u]Babe[/name_u] and Gid the Kid!).

52 Likes

Congratulations on baby [name_m]Jairus[/name_m]! What a blessing to your family!

1 Like

congratulations!! what a blessing from the [name_m]Lord[/name_m] :heartpulse:

1 Like

Oh, congratulations! I am so happy you finally got your sweet [name_m]Jairus[/name_m]. I know how much you’ve always adored that name, and it absolutely feels meant to be. [name_u]Happy[/name_u] birthday, [name_u]Jai[/name_u]! That naming story is so precious. What a gift that little boy of yours is, and the name you gave him is just as special a present. :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations and what a story!? I love Jairus’s name and what special meaning, indeed a gift! He fits perfectly with your other names, which I also love (Jabez :heart_eyes:!).

1 Like

Congratulations on your little [name_m]Jairus[/name_m]! He has such a great name with his siblings :purple_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! I’ve always thought the name [name_m]Jairus[/name_m] is such a cool, underused biblical name. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I are watching The [name_u]Chosen[/name_u] right now and it’s made me love [name_m]Jairus[/name_m] even more. PS - love your other kids names too and I have a [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] :blush:

1 Like

Congratulations!! [name_m]Jairus[/name_m] goes so well with your other children, and this was such a fun story to read :green_heart: Wishing you all health and happiness

1 Like

Congratulations! He has a lovely name.

1 Like

Oh my goodness. Congratulations!! What a name and story. :star_struck: A very warm welcome to your beloved little [name_m]Jairus[/name_m]!

1 Like

Congratulations! I came across [name_m]Jairus[/name_m] randomly recently and thought what a lovely, underused name it is. Thrilled to see it used :blue_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! I love his name and the lovely story behind it.

1 Like

I love his name and this whole story! Congratulations on your little guy :blue_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! Such an amazing story and name! :dizzy:

1 Like

Aww congratulations!! [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] name and what a fun surprise story to share. :blush:

1 Like

Congratulations!! [name_u]Love[/name_u] your choice of unique name!

1 Like

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world, [name_m]Jairus[/name_m] [name_m]Stephen[/name_m]!
I love your boys’ nicknames!!
:ringer_planet::white_heart::teddy_bear:

1 Like

wow, i love his name!! congratulations on your boy, jairus is such a cool, underrated gem :yellow_heart:

1 Like

[name_u]Super[/name_u] cute and I love a lesser known Biblical name! [name_f]My[/name_f] son is [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] (nn Ollie).

2 Likes

[name_m]Jairus[/name_m] is such a cool, unique name. [name_f]My[/name_f] heart is sad for you that you couldn’t use [name_u]Promise[/name_u], one of my guilty pleasure names. But that’s how it goes sometimes. Life is full of unexpected twists. I hope recovery is going well for you and that your little bundle of joy is growing well!

1 Like