Anouk?

This name was featured in today’s blog post.

[name]How[/name] do you pronounce it, like “[name]Ah[/name]-nook?”

I think I might really like it…it seems adorable for a little girl but also kind of chic for an adult.

What do you guys think?

(My first daughter is un-named and due in about 10 weeks… Other frontrunners are [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Elsa[/name], [name]Vivian[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Alice[/name])

I love love [name]Anouk[/name]. It’s my favorite name and has been for many years. My daughter, if I have one will definitely be an [name]Anouk[/name].
I pronounce it [name]Ah[/name]-New-k//(ah-nuk) which is what I have only ever heard the Dutch and French say.
(so I think this is the correct pronunciation).
However, There are people that do say A-nook -to rhyme with book.

I recommend listening to the name said by native dutch and french speakers on forvo.com
http://www.forvo.com/search/anouk/all/

I love Anouk. :slight_smile: I first heard it in the movie Chocolat and they pronounced it Ah-nook.

I heard the name [name]Anouk[/name] many years ago while watching a French film “A [name]Man[/name] and a Woman” with exotic actress [name]Anouk[/name] [name]Aimee[/name]. It’s pronounced “ah-NEWK” but some name websites have it written as “ah-NOOK” with the two oo’s pronounced like those in boot or like the “u” in flute. Does that make sense? It’s an exotic and pretty variation of [name]Anne[/name].