Antonia Dove=Ada?

My husband loves the name [name_f]Ada[/name_f]. I’m fine with it as a nickname, but it’s not one of my top choices for a given first name. Does it seem like too big a stretch to use [name_f]Ada[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] (or similar A/D first and middle)? Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I definitely dont think so!
I suppose if someone doesnt know her full name they may be a bit confused on how [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] = [name_f]Ada[/name_f], but I dont think its a massive deal at all.
I love [name_f]Ada[/name_f], and [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] is lovely!

4 Likes

I agree. But works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

If people don’t know here middle name, it might be a stretch, but I definitely think it could work! [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is really cute!

I like it!

I think it’s fine! [name_m]Plenty[/name_m] of people have nicknames that aren’t readily apparent from their first name.

It’s a very big stretch for me. Of course, a nickname can be pretty much anything under the sun and it would be acceptable because, well, we call people what they ask us to call the, right? :smiley: However, to me there is no real connection between [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] (which is a lovely choice) [name_u]Dove[/name_u] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] (another lovely option, which I actually prefer, your DH has impectable taste :rofl:).

Ada seems like a nickname moreso for names like [name_f]Adrianna[/name_f], [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f], [name_f]Adaline[/name_f], [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f], [name_u]Addison[/name_u], Adèle, etc.

1 Like

Definitely usable. With [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]=[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_u]Billy[/name_u]=[name_m]William[/name_m], there’s no issue or “stretch” with [name_f]Ada[/name_f].

I think it’s a stretch. I would find an [name_m]Ad[/name_m]- name that you like! [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] or [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] are lovely.

It’s original! I really like it! [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] is a beautiful name and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is an adorable nickname. I think it works.

No! I like [name_f]Ada[/name_f] as an nn for [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]!

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the feedback. :slight_smile:

Love it! It’s a bit of a stretch, but it works.

Antonia [name_u]Dove[/name_u] is stunning, and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] absolutely works as a nn! You would probably have to get used to people calling her [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] at first.

It makes sense to me. :woman_shrugging:t2:

I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch! [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] is gorgeous!

It’s a strech but I think most people would get it if the full name was said. I prefer [name_m]Ad[/name_m]- names like [name_u]Addison[/name_u] or [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] for nn [name_f]Ada[/name_f] but it works