Any advice when you really just can't decide?

I am scheduled for my c-section next Friday! 1/21

My husband and I have know that boy #2 will be some combo of names from the beginning but we go back and forth. [name]Flip[/name] a coin?
Some may remember a thread a started a while back about naming the baby after dh dad. Dh seems to not really care about that anymore, and really name the baby the name we like the best.

1. [name]George[/name] [name]James[/name]
  2. [name]James[/name] [name]George[/name]

One day I like one better and the next day I like the other better. Sometimes I worry [name]James[/name] is too popular, but I really like it. [name]George[/name] is different but strong and classic and has so many great nicknames. Ds #1 is [name]Henry[/name].

It may come down to the coin flip :roll: .

I have heard of many couples going into the delivery with several name options, and choosing a name once they meet their little one. Since this is just a matter of order, and you seem okay with either, why not just wait until you meet this little guy?

Good luck next week!
G

I suggest that you take both [name]George[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]James[/name] [name]George[/name] to the hospital with you and decide when you see the baby for the first time. He may look like [name]George[/name] or he could be a [name]James[/name]. One will “feel” right. [name]Just[/name] try not get too stressed out about it as you have enough to anticipate at this time! [name]Don[/name]'t sweat it!

I agree good luck! Not to make it more complicated but I really like [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name]!

I really like [name]Henry[/name] and [name]George[/name], so I think you should go with that. [name]James[/name] is a great name, and also goes well with [name]Henry[/name], but I think [name]George[/name] matches [name]Henry[/name] in the classic, but still quirky and unexpected on a child feeling. [name]James[/name] is just a straight up classic that fits on a male of any age.

You really can’t go wrong with either. I like [name]George[/name] a bit better because it’s less expected and the nicknames are better, but they are both classics, so… I’m seconding [name]Gabriella[/name]'s advice, just go with the list and decide once you meet the little guy.

@Hansolo: you probably like [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name] because that’s the name of a famous English modernist author. :slight_smile: