Any ideas on Rahman, Ehsan and Rami?

Which one out of these three to choose?
I like Rahman, but I’m out of nicknames :confused:

I like Ehsan! It’s on my long list.

Are you looking for Iranian names?

You could go with [name_f]Raz[/name_f] for a nickname for Rahman?

I like [name_m]Rami[/name_m] and Eshan

Since Rahman is one of the names of God and one you should use while praying I wouldn’t use it as a name. [name_m]Rami[/name_m] is cute but I like Ihsan better - with this spelling. Are you specifically looking for Arabic names? Are you renaming yourself/naming a son/characters? I will advise you to find names that could be easier to pronounce if you are living in a Western country.

Some names from Qur’an

[name_m]Musa[/name_m]
[name_m]Ibrahim[/name_m]
Salih
Nooh
[name_m]Yusuf[/name_m]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_u]Isa[/name_u] / [name_u]Issa[/name_u] / [name_f]Essa[/name_f]
[name_m]Harun[/name_m]
[name_m]Hasan[/name_m]
[name_m]Hamid[/name_m]
[name_m]Ishaq[/name_m] / Ishak / [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Sulaiman[/name_m]
[name_m]Naim[/name_m]
Davud
Yakub
Tayyib
[name_m]Amin[/name_m]
[name_u]Ali[/name_u]
[name_m]Ismail[/name_m]
Rauf
Shuaib
Houd
Burhan
Zakariya
Hadid
[name_m]Yahya[/name_m]
Fuad
Kanz
Muhsin
[name_m]Yunus[/name_m]
Aiman
Asim
Imran
[name_m]Khalil[/name_m]
Ziya
[name_m]Abdullah[/name_m]
Asif
[name_m]Idris[/name_m]
Ilyas
[name_u]Aydin[/name_u]
[name_m]Ahmed[/name_m]
Haris
[name_f]Niam[/name_f]
[name_m]Said[/name_m]

I only like [name_m]Rami[/name_m], but prefer [name_u]Remi[/name_u].

Rahman- my issue with this is Ramen? I think it’s called… The noodles… They’re quite popular many places now and I think of that when I personally say this… But after reading the previous posters comment I would very specifically avoid using this for religious reasons and sensitivity to others even if it’s not your belief
Ehsan -I like this, you’ve got the soft eh sound and it flows well…
[name_m]Rami[/name_m] -my favourite of your list. I’ve heard it more and I picture it as growing and aging well. Doesn’t need a nn, [name_m]Ram[/name_m] may even be an alternative and call him [name_m]Rami[/name_m]?
So I think [name_m]Rami[/name_m] or [name_m]Ram[/name_m], or Ehsan are my thoughts

I have known people named Rahman and Rehman, but I cannot recall any nicknames they went by. It is also a surname. In the US a famous bearer of the name is Rahman [name_u]Ali[/name_u] the younger brother of [name_m]Muhammad[/name_m] [name_u]Ali[/name_u]. Of the names you propose I like Ihsan/Ehsan the best.

I prefer Ehsan from the three options. I also think [name_m]Rami[/name_m] is an obvious choice for Rahman. It’s also pronounced much differently to ramen. RAH-man (with a hard he) as opposed to ra-men. Though I guess a creative bully could go there.

[name_m]Rami[/name_m] is my favorite on your list and feels like it would be the most intuitive for me to pronounce.