Any info on this name?

I’ve just met a little girl named Snowlin (SNOW-lean) !! Called [name_u]Snow[/name_u] for short. I’m in love with it. Has anyone heard of this name and any information on what it means? I think it might be Tamil but that’s all I know.

What do you think, do you like it? I think its a wonderful way to get the nickname snow.

Oh my, that’s a stunning name!! I have no idea what the background is, but it’s gorgeous! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

[name_m]Count[/name_m] fine anything solid on it, but from what I mostly saw it might hav an origin or at least some usage in [name_f]India[/name_f] as a surname, along with some possible origins in [name_u]Scotland[/name_u]. It could also be a version or bastardization of the Swiss surname Schnewlin

1 Like

I’ve encountered a Snowlyn (which I presume was an invented/combo of [name_u]Snow[/name_u] and Lynn) but I’ve never heard of Snowlin

1 Like

Interesting! The family is [name_f]Indian[/name_f] and I don’t think they just made it up so I think it has some history of use in [name_f]India[/name_f] . A surname makes sense. I’ll try and ask them where it came from if I see them again.

1 Like

Oh I also really love Snowlyn! I’m not usually into made up names but I really love both of these.

1 Like

Isn’t it just!? There really aren’t many ways to get the nickname snow that I know of.

1 Like