Any other way to get to the nn Indi?...

[name]Hi[/name] berries,

You were all so helpful on my last post that I can’t help but use you all again!!

Hubby is really set on our pink bundle being known as ‘[name]Indi[/name]’ - I do love this nickname, however I’m not overly convinced by the obvious name choices that get to this nn; [name]India[/name] and [name]Indigo[/name]…

Are there ANY other names that could realistically lead to the use of [name]Indi[/name]…?

Thanks ladies! x

Obvious ones are of course [name]India[/name], [name]Indigo[/name], [name]Indiana[/name]. Maybe Cressinda, [name]Lindsay[/name]?

What about [name]Melinda[/name]?

[name]Indiana[/name]? [name]Indira[/name]?

Good luck, [name]Bree[/name]

Oh yeah, [name]Lucinda[/name] too.

[name]Aurinda[/name]
[name]Belinda[/name]
[name]Callinda[/name]
[name]Dorinda[/name]
[name]Glinda[/name]
[name]Jacinda[/name]
[name]Kalinda[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Marinda[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]

[name]Belinda[/name]
[name]Melinda[/name]
Independence

Hey, I love this name too (sadly my husband didnt) and researched ways of getting the nickname from a longer name. I have to admit loving [name]India[/name] anyway, but also warmed to the idea of [name]Lucinda[/name], as it’s so girly, yet [name]Indi[/name] is a tomboyish/spunky nickname!
However, wanted to throw one more into the mix for you!
[name]Ingrid[/name] is a novel (yet not too far-fetched) way of having a serious formal name with a cute nn like [name]Indi[/name].x

Independence is quirky, cute, and familiar enough to spell. I like the meaning as well, and agree that [name]Indi[/name] is a great nickname.

If you choose [name]Indiana[/name] I hope you like [name]Indiana[/name] [name]Jones[/name] because with that name and nn I just think about [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Ford[/name].

I second [name]Ingrid[/name]. It is by far my favorite way of getting to nn [name]Indi[/name].

Maybe [name]Ines[/name]?

The only name not mentioned that I can think of is Lindley.

[name]Belinda[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]

[name]Indica[/name], Indrani, Isabinda
[name]Linden[/name], Morinda, [name]Rosalind[/name], Amalind, [name]Aurinda[/name], Bindi, Cindaline, Cinder.

I also adore the suggestion of Independence! [name]Lovely[/name], virtue name! You could also use [name]Penn[/name] for a nickname.

[name]Celinda[/name].
[name]Marinda[/name].
[name]Cynthia[/name] (via [name]Cindy[/name] --> [name]Indi[/name])

[name]Brindley[/name]
[name]Linda[/name]
[name]Lindy[/name]
Linday
[name]Cindy[/name]
[name]Findley[/name]
[name]Kalinda[/name]
Kindal
Rozalind