Any suggestions or opinions?

See the results of this poll: Which name do you like?

Respondents: 27 (This poll is closed)

• Artemas Andrew Martin : 8 (23%)
  • Wolfgang Andrew Martin : 15 (43%)
  • Faolan (FAY-lawn) Andrew Martin : 0 (0%)
  • Tadgh (Teeg) Andrew Martin: 12 (34%)

I adore [name_m]Tadhg[/name_m], this spelling and pronounced TIYG, like tiger without the ER. [name_m]Tadhg[/name_m] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Martin[/name_m] is very handsome and strong.

I prefer it spelled [name_m]Teague[/name_m]- I believe it means poet. I’m partial though.

I love [name_m]Artemas[/name_m] (I have [name_m]Artemus[/name_m] on my list) and [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]! Two brilliant but underused names. Good luck!

I voted for [name_m]Artemas[/name_m], but I prefer the spelling [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]. I know [name_m]Artemas[/name_m] is supposed to be derivative, but I think it looks like a typo.

@lovemysweeties I have heard both but can’t seem to find any reference to the “Teeg” pronunciation anywhere. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you know of an Irish spelling for “Teeg” or if [name_m]Tadhg[/name_m] can work?

@dinosaursroar & @myosotis - thank you for the feedback :slight_smile:

@greenmachine it’s a reference to St. [name_m]Artemas[/name_m] hence the spelling but I’ll look at all spellings if we settle on that :slight_smile:

My sister had a friend named [name_m]Tadhg[/name_m], and it was pronounced “[name_m]TYG[/name_m]” (like the first syllable of tiger). If you prefer the “Teeg” pronunciation, go with [name_m]Teague[/name_m]–otherwise, things will just get extra confusing when your son introduces himself to people who know how [name_m]Tadhg[/name_m] is generally pronounced.