Any Thoughts on the Following Girls Names?

[name]Hi[/name] everyone!

I’m not very far along, but I’ve been thinking about baby names since I was a teenager, and I really want to make sure that I do my research over the next 6 months! The list below is a of my favorite girls names, although if anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know!

[ul]

[/ul]

Any thoughts?

I love love love [name]Delia[/name]. I think it is the most disctinctive from you list and will mature the best. It is one of my favorite names, and the fact that it is a family name for you just makes it that much better. No contest for me.

[name]Delia[/name] [name]Harper[/name] would be a lovely pairing.

What a great idea! I had never paired the two!

Most people I talk to also love the name [name]Delia[/name], but I often wonder if it’s too “old”.

Thanks for the reply!

[name]Delia[/name] is beautiful! If you don’t want to use [name]Delia[/name], you could use [name]Della[/name] (which is a little sweeter in my opinion).

However, I don’t like Maylee or Owynn. Maylee sounds like a little girl’s name and nothing more (a business woman named Maylee?) and Owynn is a boys name, much most attractive when spelt [name]Owen[/name]. I’ve never been a fan of [name]Quinn[/name] for a girl, a little too masculine.

I think, like the pp, that [name]Delia[/name] [name]Harper[/name] is a lovely choice! The rest, in my opinion, just wouldn’t age well.

Good luck!

I like all your options, [name]Harper[/name] being my favorite.

I think [name]Delia[/name] is hands-down the prettiest; I don’t think it’s too old at all. [name]Delia[/name] [name]Harper[/name] is beautiful. I think [name]Quinn[/name] is pretty on girls; [name]Delia[/name] [name]Quinn[/name] would be lovely, too. I don’t like Maylee (I agree I don’t think it will age well), and Owynn looks like an bad misspelling of [name]Owen[/name], which is all boy to me.

[name]Delia[/name] - I like it. It’s sweet and girly.
[name]Harper[/name] - It’s okay. I’m getting bored of it though. It has a rather sharp sound that I don’t find so attractive.
Maylee - Really not a fan of made-up names or spellings. They look so uneducated (sorry if that’s bluntly said).
Owynn - See Maylee.
[name]Quinn[/name] - Cute but kind of bland.

My favorite is [name]Delia[/name], then [name]Harper[/name]. I think [name]Delia[/name] [name]Harper[/name] is gorgeous.

[name]Delia[/name] - I like it! Simple and easy to pronounce/spell, but not too common.
[name]Harper[/name] - I know it’s getting popular, but I love [name]Harper[/name], most as a mn than a first name. [name]Celia[/name] [name]Harper[/name] is one of my favorite combos, so I’d also like [name]Delia[/name] [name]Harper[/name].
Maylee - Sorry, but this is not to my taste. It may pose spelling issues, and sounds more like a nickname. Maylee may be very cute for a child, but Dr. Maylee or Vice President Maylee… doesn’t work as well. Maybe go for [name]May[/name] [name]Lee[/name] as two separate names or use Maylee as a nn for [name]Margaret[/name] or something?
Owynn - I don’t care for the spelling. To me, this is just [name]Owen[/name], and [name]Owen[/name] is a boys’ name. If you want to name her [name]Owen[/name], go for it, but I think changing around the spelling is just going to complicate matters.
[name]Quinn[/name] - I agree with the pp. Cute, but sort of bland. Although again I like it with [name]Delia[/name] - [name]Delia[/name] [name]Quinn[/name] works well together. If you end up drawn to [name]Quinn[/name]/[name]Harper[/name]/[name]Owen[/name] I’d pair them with a softer more feminine name, like [name]Delia[/name].

Good luck! I’ll also re-state my vote for [name]Delia[/name] [name]Harper[/name].

I don’t like Maylee or Owynn, they look way too kre8tyve.
I’m not really a fan of [name]Harper[/name], but [name]Delia[/name] is gorgeous, and my top combo has [name]Quinn[/name] as a mn :slight_smile:

I am not a fan of Owynn and Maylee.
Owynn- I am all for unisex names, but use the traditional spelling: [name]Owen[/name]
Maylee- It seems made up (plus weird spelling) maybe as an alternative you could use [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Lee[/name]?

I like [name]Delia[/name] and love that it’s sentimental to you! I like [name]Delia[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]. [name]Harper[/name] is getting to trendy for my taste. Good luck!

•[name]Delia[/name]- My favorite of your choices! It is sentimental and very pretty.
•[name]Harper[/name]- Not really my favorite as a first name…
•Maylee- I don’t really like this that much, seems like a smoosh of [name]May[/name] and [name]Lee[/name], and won’t age well.
•Owynn- I dont like this either, and it won’t age well.
•[name]Quinn[/name]- My favorite unisex name for girls!
I like:
[name]Delia[/name] [name]Harper[/name]
[name]Delia[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Delia[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Delia[/name] [name]Olwyn[/name]
[name]Delia[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
My favorites are [name]Delia[/name] [name]May[/name] and [name]Delia[/name] [name]Olwyn[/name] (Which is similar to Owynn).

[name]Delia[/name] — Very pretty and even better that it was your grandmother’s name!
[name]Harper[/name] — I love this one! It’s getting much more popular, but still a spunky and cute name
Maylee — Not a fan…looks childish and reminds me of [name]Miley[/name]. What about [name]Millie[/name], [name]Malin[/name], [name]Marley[/name], or [name]Morley[/name]?
Owynn — [name]Owen[/name] is on the rise fast for a boys name, so I think this would be similar to naming a girl [name]Aidan[/name] or [name]Noah[/name] right now
[name]Quinn[/name] — [name]Love[/name] [name]Quinn[/name], one of my favorites!!!

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Delia[/name].

[name]Love[/name] [name]Delia[/name]! Not a fan of Maylee but you might like the french name Maëlys which is pretty similar.

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Delia[/name]! Wish my DH did. It’s great that it has special meaning for you too. I also like [name]Harper[/name] but I’m not a huge fan of the others.

[name]Delia[/name] for sure it is a very lovely name.

Re the other names

[name]Quinn[/name] too unisex
Owynn sounds like the Welsh [name]Olwyn[/name] prefer [name]Owen[/name] for a boy
Maylee I would drop the lee and use [name]May[/name] as a middle name eg [name]Delia[/name] [name]May[/name] isn’t that pretty?
[name]Harper[/name] is going to shoot up the popularity charts and I can see a child with this name being called [name]Harper[/name] A at school or whatever her last initial is.

Other ideas

[name]Cecelia[/name]/[name]Cecily[/name]/[name]Cecile[/name]
[name]Calista[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]

rollo