Any thoughts on website update?

I am also having the same issue, There is no option to scroll/ go to next page when you go to advanced search and have numerous names in the category. It only shows the first 50 names with no option to scroll or go to the next page.

I also cannot scroll to more post on the bottom on the baby names board as well. I am on a computer using google chrome.

1 Like

I didn’t even notice this! It’s the same for me. I’m also using chrome.

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], I see. The issue has been fixed with regular search but isn’t resolved for advanced. Adding it to our list!

This is on our list to be fixed.

1 Like

I don’t like the new update, a lot of things are missing and I now find the site frustrating to use🤨

2 Likes

I think someone else may have mentioned something like this already, but, while I like the new format for liked names and user lists, I really wish the system still automatically alphabetized them!

First-world problem, I know! [name_m]Just[/name_m] saying, that was a very helpful function – especially since you can’t reorder names or lists. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We discovered a glitch while trying to create lists (the websites runs into an error and when you go back to your account, it has created multiple new lists for you instead of one), and I thought it would be good to flag that up in this thread as well:

2 Likes

I kind of like it, actually. It’s a lot less glitchy and isn’t killing my battery.

2 Likes

I think this will be the case when we get everything back on track. As far as I know, it’s not a deliberate decision.

1 Like

I keep getting this glitch on my phone. It bounces back and forth between normal and zoomed out.

1 Like

I believe @pam is seeing this too and has already put it on the fix list.

I miss the colourful Nameberry! I’d love to see the colours back :blush:

7 Likes

@EvaThyssen is the scroll working again for you? This issue should be fixed and is for me.

The scroll is working for me now!

1 Like

I initially thought the change was only on my phone or was a possible glitch but now I see it’s because the website actually updated :laughing:

[name_f]My[/name_f] thoughts: I like the look of the old format. This new one…looks kinda empty? Maybe it’s because it’s all white with no color? Not sure but I can get used to it so not a huge deal. I do love that it doesn’t take forever to load! [name_m]Can[/name_m] we try to condense the pop culture and famous people section? Like can we have them side by side like we did with the old format?

Initially, it seemed like my favorite names didn’t carry over for some reason but it eventually mostly self-resolved a few minutes later. I like that we can :heart: names in the recommended list but in the “Top [name_u]Baby[/name_u] names in [insert location] [insert year]” and other similar similar lists, it isn’t showing which names we already hearted.

^the favorites also doesn’t show up here, similar to the top baby name lists I mentioned above. I have [name_f]Saphira[/name_f] under favorites so it should have solid red heart. If I go to [name_f]Saphira[/name_f]'s page, it will have the solid heart and it will show up under “[name_m]Favorite[/name_m] Names” under my account so it is saved; it’s just annoying because it looks like I haven’t saved it yet when I actually already did.

I also find it a little annoying that we have to manually enter names onto our user-created list instead of being able to do it directly from the name page. Not sure if this can be fixed?

^ This. [name_f]My[/name_f] biggest issue with this change is that the comments are gone. I know many others already brought this up and the admins already replied and I understand that it was intentionally removed because of some bad comments but I could get a lot of information in the comment section so I’m commenting on this anyway. Many pages don’t have the pronunciations on it nor all the meanings listed, and other valuable insights I can get from the comments. Many of the commenters that provide these useful information don’t seem to be active on the forums so they’re not going to know to go to “Database entries you’d like to see amended.” Hell, most relatively active users on nb forums probably don’t even know this thread exists unless you’re super active here and asked around. …unless maybe we can somehow link this thread to all the names in the database?

8 Likes

I’ve added this to our list, and I will also look into entering names from the name page. Thanks for all this feedback!

2 Likes

I just realized the international and diminutive variations section is gone on the name pages. [name_m]Will[/name_m] you be adding that back in?

6 Likes

I will ask about that too.

1 Like

So just an addition on the comments. The bad comments were a good thing! Would you rather see those comments before you have fallen in love with a name or after you have named a beloved child? Because they will be happening even if it’s behind your back. As a rule the majority of berries are polite and friendly so nobody’s going to comment on a thread negatively when someone has said they are considering a specific name. In the comments they were free to express dislike for a name without feeling they were attacking an individual user who loves that name. As an example. I recently asked for opinions on the name [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]. I got a tonne of positive comments (which were nice to see) and the most negative I got was that the name was not one users favourite but was still usable. As an old name I doubt it is to everyone’s taste. I can only loudly agree with everyone who wants the comments back. Some of the nastiest comments about some names were always in the official descriptions anyway. To be honest it feels like a reduction in moderation work rather than an improvement to the site.

Also, the new fonts are terrible to read. Please please go back to the old font style as the new one hurts my eyes.

8 Likes

I really do agree with you about the negative comments. For me personally, it is better to know ahead of time what people honestly think! And, as you said, unlike in the forums, it doesn’t feel like they are attacking one person.

4 Likes

Yes, it is :slight_smile: thank you!

1 Like