Any thoughts on website update?

It is coming back in a new and improved version! It was planned for earlier this year but has been delayed a little by technical difficulties, however we hope to launch it very soon.

5 Likes

That’s great to hear!

I don’t understand what I’m seeing on the main site using Firefox for PC. The 3 weekly featured lists (seasonal names, etc) that I would check all the time are gone, I think? I can’t really tell if it’s still there, this format is confusing.

If you stripped away everything to streamline the site for quicker loading time, you wouldn’t have placed 9-12 ads per page for users to load. So I’m confused about your motive.

Okay. I’m sorry if this is an old forum or not the right place to ask, but does anyone know about how to add names to lists without having to type them in? I used to be able to add them from the Name description page, now I can only edit lists from the list page and I don’t know what names to add if I can’t search the names? I have to have multiple tabs open in order to do it. Is this a feature that’s no longer supported or am I blind. Haha.

The feature is temporarily gone, due to a site update, but we do plan to bring it back as soon as we can.

1 Like

Hello! I was really interested to try out the baby name DNA feature, since I just got back into the site again. However, whenever I get to the fifth question, the website always crashes, and I’ve tried it on different devices and wifi networks. Is this a me problem or is there problems with the website?

Sorry to hear this! There’s no widespread problem as far as I know. Perhaps leave it an hour or two and try again? Apologies for the inconvenience!

Have you tried to clear your cookies? I had a few issues the first time I used it and clearing my cookies helped.

1 Like

any updates on when/if it may be possible to edit the pop culture sections again?

2 Likes

I don’t know of a specific ETA for this, I’m afraid, but I can ask!

1 Like

is baby name dna the new namehunter or are they separate features ??

They are separate features. I believe initially DNA was intended to replace Namehunter but they really do different things so I think the plan now is to reintroduce an updated version of Namehunter alongside DNA at some point in the future. This is not an immediate plan, and I don’t have a date for the reintroduction unfortunately.

6 Likes

thank you !!!

How do we get our name notes back? You know, the ones we used to be able to add for each name on our name lists?

Thanks.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @katsumii. Unfortunately, it’s no longer possible to add notes to name lists and as far as I know there’s no way of accessing old ones. I’m sorry, I know it must be frustrating to have lost notes :slightly_frowning_face:

idk if this has been brought up already but now when we edit a post, the links for the names disappear. The best way I can fix it is to copy my original post that has the pink /green/ blue links and paste it into the edit which then comes out as hyperlinks. I suppose the blue hyperlinks are better than nothing but I rather have the pink/green/blue links. While this is more of an annoyance than a a functionality problem, this wasn’t happening when we first switched over to this new website so I feel like it should be a quick and easy switch back to how it originally was. I would rather go back to when it was only the first name in a line that didn’t show up in a link as that would have been a quick fix (at least for me as I know how to make the link show up when I edit it) instead of having to fix every single name if that’s the price to pay

I’m not a fan of the blue bubbles for each person’s reply. On bad days, it’s hard for me to read due to the colors used. Could there be an option for other colors, an outline of a speech bubble or an option to turn it off if wanted?

Sorry [name_u]Shelly[/name_u], this is not something we chose, it’s just part of the latest Discourse update. I think the idea is to differentiate personal message threads from regular topics more clearly.

I haven’t read through all of the replies, but I remember before the update that the names used to be listed in alphabetical order. Now they’re in a random order and instead of being able to see All Names Starting with a letter, I only have the option to see [name_u]Unique[/name_u] names starting with said letter. Is there a way to view the names like before?

If you do an advanced search, and enter the initial you want in the “Starts with” box, that will give you alphabetical results. You can also specify girl, boy or unisex names if you like.

https://nameberry.com/search/advanced