Any thoughts?

So I think we have our list!! Now we just have to pick a name!
Here’s our list…
[name]Nara[/name]
[name]Thora[/name]
[name]Dulcie[/name]
[name]Siri[/name]
[name]Saskia[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Callida[/name]
[name]Delphi[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Audra[/name]
[name]Marguerite[/name]

Any ideas? We would also love some middle name ideas! Also, are there any names on our list that would fit well together as siblings (we hope to have more and want to keep our options open!)

Thankyou for all your help

[name]Hope[/name] you don’t mind that I will be brutally honest…

[name]Nara[/name] - reminds me of the product Nair used to remove hair
[name]Thora[/name] - reminds me of someone speaking with a lisp
[name]Dulcie[/name] - ok
[name]Siri[/name] - ok
[name]Saskia[/name] - people would always misprounouce this name
[name]Vera[/name] - Ok
[name]Calla[/name] - love it - a beautiful, classy name
[name]Callida[/name] - reminds me of medical condidtion
[name]Delphi[/name] - no
[name]Allegra[/name] - I like this but unfortunately it reminds me of the allergy medication [name]Alegra[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name] - like it
[name]Audra[/name] - absolutely love, love, love this name
[name]Marguerite[/name] - very nice

Middle name ideas:

[name]Calla[/name] [name]Cathleen[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Elyse[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Suzanne[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Beth[/name]

I think most of those middle names would also would well with [name]Audra[/name].

I too think the name [name]Calla[/name] is very pretty!
I don’t know if [name]Nora[/name] was on your list, but if not it seems as though it might be up your alley!
Best,
L.

[name]Nara[/name], I’ve never heard of. [name]Norah[/name] is very pretty and feminine. My favorite from your list is [name]Calla[/name]. In fact, I’m going to put it on my list of names I like right now. :smiley: Thanks!! [name]Siri[/name] and [name]Audra[/name] are cute as well.

[name]Savannah[/name]

I love [name]Saskia[/name]. I know a [name]Saskia[/name] and people seem to be able to pronounce her name right first time - in Australia, at least, SASS-kee-a is the logical pronunciation.

From your list I also like [name]Vera[/name] and [name]Marguerite[/name], although I think the best sibset would be [name]Clarissa[/name] and [name]Dulcie[/name].

Thanks for the thoughts!
It seems like everyone likes [name]Calla[/name]- we were just concerned that it sounds a bit nicknamey, but we really like it… it is top of the list at the moment!
Does anyone have any middle name ideas for [name]Calla[/name]?

Also thoughts on the other names we are still considering would be awesome!
[name]Dulcie[/name]
[name]Siri[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Delphi[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Marguerite[/name]

Thankyou so much, you guys are amazing!

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Vera[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]?

I love [name]Vera[/name], [name]Marguerite[/name] and [name]Calla[/name]. I like [name]Thora[/name], [name]Saskia[/name] , [name]Delphi[/name], [name]Allegra[/name], [name]Siri[/name] and [name]Clarissa[/name]. I dislike [name]Nara[/name], [name]Dulcie[/name], [name]Callida[/name] and [name]Audra[/name]. I love the suggestion of [b][name]Vera[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] /b. Another lovely pairing would be [name]Calla[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] (instead of [name]Delphi[/name]).

I love the way that [name]Vera[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] sounds but I’m not sure that [name]Vera[/name] is my favourite name on its own.
At the moment I am leaning towards [name]Siri[/name], especially after I opened my favourite book and happened to look at the dedication page and the first person mentioned was named [name]Siri[/name]- felt like a sign!
[name]How[/name] does [name]Siri[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] sound?

It sounds okay. I don’t really like [name]Siri[/name] though. Maybe it’s because it’s “culturally inappropriate” for me. Oh wait - are you using the Norwegian [name]Siri[/name]?
I’d prefer it as a nickname for [name]Sigrid[/name], which I love.

[name]Sigrid[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] sounds okay.

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Verity[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] “[name]Vera[/name]” ?

[name]Verity[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] sounds really cute, I’ll run that one by my husband :slight_smile:

What makes you find [name]Siri[/name] “culturally inappropriate”? Is there a reference I have missed?
I’ll run [name]Sigrid[/name] by my husband as well, but I don’t like my chances!