Any thoughts?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there, I’m new to nameberry and nervous about posting my girl name. I would like to know, do you like the name Irasema? it would be pronounced in Spanish (Ee•Rah•Seh•Ma) I really like it and there’s family history behind the name. It’s very unique and no one I know has it. I’m thinking may be as a middle name since it is very unusual but I can’t find a first name to go with it. The first name is the important one. I’m kind of stuck. Any suggestions? We kind of like

[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Kylie[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f]
[name_f]Melanie[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]

Hmm…
I’m not crazy on Irasema I find the pronunciation strange and the name looks visually odd to me as well. BUT I’m not Spanish therefore I will probably find the name unappealing however if you love Irasema you should use it!!

The only name I dislike from the list is [name_f]Kylie[/name_f], she feels dated. Have you thought of [name_f]Callie[/name_f]?

The rest of the ‘ily’ and ‘ie’ are pretty names. [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is a light elegant choice, she’s feminine and dainty. [name_f]Emily[/name_f] feels very upper crust [name_u]Brit[/name_u] in my eyes thus for me she doesn’t work Irasema. [name_f]Valerie[/name_f] is a sweet choice she has a rural sound and feels very vibrant, I think [name_f]Valerie[/name_f] works with Irasema. The flow of the name is good as well. [name_f]Melanie[/name_f] is the best out of the ‘ily’ and ‘ie’ names she has a very sing-song vibe which I think matches up nicely Irasema. [name_f]Melanie[/name_f] Irasema is refreshing and poetic.

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is gorgeous she has a great European flair and feels very pretty. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is an elegant choice and I also love the ‘[name_f]Addie[/name_f]’ nickname. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] Irasema has a very European sound which I think works stunningly well.

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] is also one of the best names to go with Irasema, due to her short pretty stance and usable sound. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] Irasema has the best sound and look out of the bunch. I adore [name_f]Liv[/name_f]!!

Out of the ‘ily’ and ‘lie’ names [name_f]Melanie[/name_f] is the best. I do love [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] but [name_f]Liv[/name_f] has the best vibe she’s stylish and elegant.

Irasema is a lovely name and has meaning for you so that is lovely. Out of your list I like [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] the best! [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] Irasema is cute as a whole.
Other suggestions are:
[name_u]Paisley[/name_u]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] (SUR-SEE)
Etoilee (ET-W-ARE-[name_u]LEE[/name_u])

I think it’s lovely to incorporate a name with meaning in your family. I’m not usually a fan of [name_f]Emily[/name_f], but it sounds best with that middle name. I love the name [name_f]Melanie[/name_f], though. Best wishes!

Thank you all for your suggestions and opinions I am starting to feel fairly confident about that name. Thanks again:)

From the list I like [name_f]Emily[/name_f] best. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f] or anything for [name_f]Liv[/name_f]? It seems so short for my tastes. The middle is quite unique. I like the sound, but not so much the look of the spelling of it. Maybe you should use it in the first name spot though?

Hello, I was reading this thread about you wanting to name your child Irasema, well, using it as a middle name, I as well am named Irasema, though at first I hated my name because people had a hard time pronouncing it but now I really love my name, Irasema is my first name and I love it because it makes me unique from others who have the most common names like brittany or maria jose etc…, my middle name is [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and I love it, I am proud of my name as a first name and I think Irasema is a beautiful first name instead of a middle name :slight_smile: