Anyone else have baby dreams?

Okay. At the risk of sounding completely insane, I have baby dreams. It’s nuts. I had my first one a couple of months ago, and the most recent one was the other day. In these dreams I have a kid, usually I’m either pregnant or the child is about 2 years old, and when I wake up, I feel really lost and really want my child, like I feel a tethering to this dream child who is mine.

The last dream I had, it was about a 2 year old girl who looked like I did at that age, and her name was [name_f]Margot[/name_f], which is my absolute favourite name for a girl. It’s actually somewhat distressing to wake up to, cause I feel such an intense and strong tethering to this random dream character. I’m just putting it down to hormones/my biological clock saying “Hey! We are working!! Let’s make some babies!!”

Please don’t tell me I’m insane.

I’ve only had one dream like that about a red haired girl named Cran.
Cran… I don’t even know if it’s a real name. Sounds like cranberry lol. There was me and an ‘evil stepmother’ type person and she had to choose between which one she wanted to stay with forever and she chose the step mother but then escaped and came back to me. This was when I was 6, but I still remember it oddly enough.
And No you aren’t crazy! Im sure there have been weirder dreams. And you’re probably dreaming about kids either because 1. You want them or 2. You were thinking about them, or names, or something baby-kid related before you went to sleep and your unconscious self continued to think about it once you were asleep which probably led to the dream.
Idk though I’m no scientist

When I was in high school, it was painful how badly I wanted a baby, and when I dreamt about them, it really messed me up.
For some reason, I always have a boy named [name_u]Tyler[/name_u] or [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] in my dreams :confused: I don’t like either name, it’s a little disappointing.

I have many more dreams where I’m pregnant. They don’t really affect me once I wake up, though… except scare me a little, because we aren’t planning kids for like, 4 more years.

95% of the time, I can relate what I remember from dreams to something that happened, or that I thought about the previous day. I don’t put any stock in dream analysis, I think it’s just my brain processing.

I definitely don’t think you’re nuts; most people have baby dreams! It does not mean “[name_m]Rush[/name_m] in to a pregnancy,” though. If you think about babies during the day, which I imagine you do seeing as you’re on a name site, then it definitely makes sense to dream about them.

I had a dream where I was in school, but it was just 5 little girls (from 2-5 years old) and me. I was running around trying to sort them out; they kept running off, and arguing with each other etc. I think they were called [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] nn [name_u]Bertie[/name_u], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], & [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u]. And I had another where I had a guy friend called [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] who had a little brother called [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].

I don’t really have many dreams (that I can remember) in general. I’m a bit of a daydreamer, and I have plenty of daydreams about having kids. I don’t think it’s weird or odd at all. For me baby dreams/daydreams are like a huge outlet for my increasing baby fever. :slight_smile:

I have them all the time to be honest! Haha, last night I dreamt I had twins named [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] (which is a little odd, because, on my favourite TV programme, [name_m]Tom[/name_m] and [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] are/were a married couple…), and they had adorable little English accents (which I do not have) so it was definitely odd.

When I was much younger, about 15 or so (so almost 5 years ago), I used to have this dream like, over and over again, where I had a little daughter named [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f], it was the strangest thing, because until that point, I never really liked either name!

Definitely not weird though! I’d say it’s normal for anyone, let alone name nerds who choose names for future children :wink:

I have some pregnancy dreams including one where I became a teen mother to identical octuplets. I had a dream the other night where I was pregnant with B/G twins. It’s not weird. Completely normal.

Oh, I’ve had them before, especially in my teens. Occasionally, I’ll still have them. In some, I’m just pregnant (one was a weird dream where I could look in a little portal and check on the baby…in another, I had a detachable belly that I could make someone else wear if I was tired lol). In others, I actually have kids…boys, girls, twins, triplets…sometimes I know their names, sometimes I don’t. I had a dream recently that I had a little baby girl with blonde hair and bright blue eyes…I visited my fiance later that day and he instantly started telling me he had a dream that we had an adorable little girl…with blonde hair and bright blue eyes :slight_smile: pretty cool. I don’t like having the dreams though, because I wake up feeling like something is missing. I’ll wake up and think, “Oh, I have to feed the baby”. Then can’t find it… I give so much love to the babies in my dreams that it feels like a loss when I wake up and find out they aren’t real.

I have, although not for a while. Which is probably due to the fact that I’ve somehow managed to give up the broodiness and focus on more realistic goals for myself right now. I have no boyfriend/fiance/husband, tons and tons of student debt, and can’t even find a job in my field, so those are all much more pressing goals for me right now. But I’ve had a couple, some about being a surrogate mother, some about adopting two little girls in my church that I adore to death, and some about actually having my own child. I once had a dream about a little girl named [name_f]Olive[/name_f] who was absolutely everything I ever imagined a daughter to be, and I was swooning over [name_f]Olive[/name_f] for weeks. I nearly gave up [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] for [name_f]Olive[/name_f], which really says something, because [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]'s been a favorite since I remember having a name list. I still have it on my list as a nn option for [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], though. :slight_smile: I think we all have them, and you’re definitely not crazy. :slight_smile:

I have this too! But I usually feel quite detached from the baby in my motherly-dream-state. A lot of the time I’m upset because my all-time favourites don’t feel special enough for my child (?).

Brains are so weird :slight_smile: But honestly, you shouldn’t worry about this kind of thing… my friend told me that she had a dream that she was pregnant, and as she was giving birth she turned into a cow, but the baby was born as a human and didn’t recognise her as it’s mother, so grew up and ate the mother/cow. Yeah. That’s worrying!!

I’ve only had one that I remember. It was recently, sometime in the last few months I think. I had a daughter named [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]. Weirrrrd. I didn’t feel at all attached to the child when I woke up. [name_m]Just[/name_m] confused why dream redwoodfey named her daughter [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]. It’s so not on my radar!

@[name_f]Olivia[/name_f], that cow dream made me laugh. I imagine it was pretty disturbing while she was dreaming it. Brains are definitely weird.

I used to have them a lot when I was a teenager but not so much anymore. I think it must be the hormones or something. It is because of those dreams that I am convinced I will have fraternal twin boys someday because I’ve dreamt about them so many times. In one dream I had two sets of twin boys. I really hope that one doesn’t come true.

I [name_m]JUST[/name_m] had a “baby dream.” In it, I had five little girls. I don’t know/remember all of their names, but the eldest was [name_f]Claire[/name_f], one of the middle ones was [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], and another middle one was [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] (yes, a girl). When I woke up, I was VERY confused, lol! [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t know how I picked those in my dream! Especially [name_u]Wallace[/name_u]!

Other than that, I’ve never really had more than two kids in my dreams, the two I’ve got! Before I had kids, I’d have a single baby in my dreams. I remember once naming a baby girl [name_f]Mary[/name_f]-[name_f]Violet[/name_f] in my dreams. The rest I can’t recall.

[name_m]Ive[/name_m] had two. The kids were nameless in the first one. In the second I had a daughter who was about 3 named [name_f]Adela[/name_f] and a newborn who at first was named [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] and then became [name_m]Robert[/name_m] like halfway through the dream.

I’ve had loads but I couldn’t go into detail because I forget my dreams within hours of waking up, lol. Some have been distressing though, especially those that feel so real that you have to question them when you wake.

Almost all my dreams are about me having kids, I suppose it’s because I always have wanted kids currently I have four kids in my dream [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], twins [name_m]Hayes[/name_m] and [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] and currently pregnant with a girl most likely to be named [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]/[name_f]Zoey[/name_f] or [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. My sister also has two kids [name_m]Jose[/name_m] [name_m]Juan[/name_m] III “[name_m]Tripp[/name_m]” and [name_f]Camila[/name_f]. I mentioned that to my sister and she found [name_m]Tripp[/name_m] hilarious (she wondered if it was even a real name) and [name_f]Camila[/name_f] would be unusable in our family since my cousin has a [name_f]Mila[/name_f] (said [name_f]Milla[/name_f]), though in my dream [name_f]Camila[/name_f] was said the Spanish way.

You are definitely not alone! I used to have baby dreams occasionally…but the closer I get to 30 (I’m about a month away) the more I have. Now I KNOW that is my biological clock kicking in…lol

I haven’t but boy do they sound fun! Weird, but my best dreams are.

My favorite dream was about going to [name_f]England[/name_f]. Which by itself isn’t odd. I live in the Midwestern United States. But in my dream, I drove there. From my house to [name_f]England[/name_f] in about, maybe 20 or so minutes. There was smog everywhere. It was so black and thick for miles you couldn’t see where you were going. We went to this one little store. Things were outrageously expensive. But all we bought in that store was a box of Cheez-Its

Had quite the scary dream about a week ago (just as my due date was approaching). I was back at University (graduated many a year ago) and had four kids with me who were all absolute gems. But then, I had this son about 8 who was an absolute terror and had me crying in the middle of my lecture hall, having a breakdown. I think it may have been a sign not to have any more kiddos. Seeing as how the 4 I have (well technically 2 are mine, 2 are step kids but I really hate that term, because it doesn’t apply to us at all) are marvellous, and I shouldn’t be greedy and have another in a year or two. Oh dear, I do think the dream scared me off more kids haha.

I think it’s normal! Please don’t worry, you’re not insane. :slight_smile:

I had a dream I had a daughter named [name_f]Vada[/name_f]. I only got to hold her once, then I woke up.

I had a strange dream about being eight months pregnant and due on [name_u]August[/name_u] third last night. I never really had the children/child, but somehow, I knew it was a girl and decided to name her either Sanjana [name_f]Aimee[/name_f] or [name_f]Priya[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f].