Anyone familiar with the name Eingr?

It’s the name of a great uncle of mine. Suffix seems to be of nordic origin, which is what I would expect it to be. Having said that, Google doesn’t really reveal anything. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering if anyone has any idea of this name’s likely origins. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if you have no idea whatsoever, what does it sound like to you?

Didnt want to read and run. I’ve never heard of it… [name_m]How[/name_m] is it pronounced? Is it Eye-n grr or In grr with a silent E ? x it looks appealing as a middle name?

I’ve never heard of it either. I wouldn’t know how or when to use it, i guess, without a meaning behind it. I too was wondering how to pronounce it. I came up with possibilities in my head as i was reading your opening.

If I had to make a guess, I’d guess it might be related to [name_m]Einar[/name_m] or [name_m]Ingram[/name_m], but I’m no expert on Norse names.

Could it be [name_m]Einar[/name_m]? I see several pages on Google with Eingr. as an abbreviation of something. I’ll ask a friend who lives in Germany.

[name_f]Susan[/name_f]

Probably related to this name:

http://www.nordicnames.de/wiki/ÆingæiRR

Well, other ancestors’ names weren’t as “old norse” as Eingr; [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_m]Edwin[/name_m], [name_m]Elmer[/name_m]. Sounds like a very simplified version of “Aeingaeirr” lol

I’ve never heard of it either (as a name). In Germany it’s an abbreviation of a few words starting with eingr… which would be pronounced like Anger but replace the “A” with an “eye” sound.

It definitely looks and sounds Scandinavian. Let’s try and summon @shvibziks.

Hmm? Who’s shvibziks? :confused:

Another berry. She knows a lot about Scandinavian names. Try sending her a message.

Oh, wait, yeah, I think I’ve talked to her on an older account I’d lost. I will… I mean, it probably could be a nick name or something, but, it was written underneath him in a photo. So I’m unsure, it’s just an assumption, as the others’ actual names were written in the photo.