Anyone heard of the name Shahlla?

I was watching a TV show, and an interviewee was named Shahlla. If I were to guess, she was Eastern European (Romanian, Russian maybe?) and pronounced it Shah-lah. I find it gorgeous, but if I were to use it, I would spell it more American-pronunciation friendly.

1. Does anyone have any information on this name?
  2. What spelling would be easiest to pronounce Shah-lah correctly without looking too made-up?

Shahla
Shalah
Shala

There was a little girl on [name]Sesame[/name] [name]Street[/name] when I was very young named Shala, that’s the only time I ever heard the name, early 70s.

Here is a video of [name]Kermit[/name] the Frog and Shala, and another girl named [name]Fanny[/name]. He calls her “[name]Charla[/name]” and she corrects him; at first he doesn’t take, but later on he gets it and calls her Shala.
http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player?p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_id=videoPlayer_WAR_sesameportlets4369&p_p_uid=e7b2a5ea-154e-11dd-8ea8-a3d2ac25b65b
(This link goes to I hope the video I intended, and then several others in a list - I haven’t figured out how to isolate the video, but she’s in several with other characters and one of the main kids I remember - I don’t remember [name]Fanny[/name] at all! I guess her name made an impression on me, as did another girl named [name]Joey[/name].)

According to this, however, her name is Shola.

Wow! Thank you! I love old school [name]Sesame[/name] [name]Street[/name]! So obviously, the spelling Shala works just fine in the US!