Anyone wanna be friends?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries!

So I am a fairly new berry (been here a year on the 31st) and I thought I should try making some new friends. Nameberry has so many lovely people!

I’ll start:

My name is [name_f]Naomi[/name_f], and I live in the wonderful country of [name_f]Canada[/name_f]. I love to read, write, cook, and (of course) name my future children. I doubt I’ll be having kids anytime soon, but it’s fun to dream! I love languages; I’m currently learning Spanish and [name_m]French[/name_m] and I hope to learn many more!

So that’s a bit about me. What about you all?

I’m [name_f]Stella[/name_f], spanish, proud momma of one lil bubba and one on the way! I’d love to have some penpals :slight_smile: :heart:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] I’m [name_f]Kizzy[/name_f] and I live in Australia. I love reading, writing, karate, debating and going to concerts. I don’t have any kids and probably won’t for a while but I do have a gorgeous little god daughter called [name_f]Hailey[/name_f].

My name is [name_f]Jenni[/name_f]. I live in the US ([name_m]New[/name_m] [name_f]England[/name_f] area). I have a beautiful 3 year old [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] and she will be getting a baby sister in [name_u]December[/name_u]. I work as a bilingual tutor at an elementary school (English/Spanish). So if you need help with your Spanish, let me know.

You can always send me a message on here, and I will get back as soon as I can.

Hello, lovely! I’m [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], and I live in the US (mid-Atlantic east coast).

I love writing stories (although it’s taken the back burner for a bit), reading (it’s [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] today!), oil painting occasionally, playing piano, playing with kids, going on mission trips (just returned from my third around a month ago and I’m so ready to go back!), and languages. I’m currently working on Portuguese and [name_m]German[/name_m], although [name_m]French[/name_m] is my favorite language, hands down.

I’m sort of curious where in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] you are, as I have a few Canadian friends. :P. [name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to message me any time! I’m not on nb as much as I used to be, but I still check in usually at least once a day.

@[name_f]Jenni[/name_f]: I’m actually Spanish, so I can help too :slight_smile:

Hello everyone!

@stella:

I know I’ve said this before, but your kids’ names are so stunning!!

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you live in Spain? That is so cool! What’s it like there? And thank you for the offer of Spanish help, I really need all the help I can get, haha :stuck_out_tongue:

@kizzy:

Wow, Australia! I love how there’s berries from all over the world, it’s so interesting.

Looks like we share a lot of the same interests. I used to do karate as well, but it was a long time ago and I don’t remember much haha.

I have to say, I love the new combos in your signature, particularly [name_f]Ada[/name_f] Wildrose. I’ve been trying to find a middle for [name_f]Ada[/name_f] for ages, and Wildrose is the perfect complement to [name_f]Ada[/name_f]'s simple sweetness.

@jenni:

I might be a bit biased, but I love your daughters’ names! I’m curious how you pronounce [name_f]Xochitl[/name_f]: is it like so-CHEE-tl? It’s so beautiful and underused.

And thank you for the offer of Spanish help; I will need all the help I can get, haha! I’m not spending a lot of time with my languages lately, because I’ve been so busy. Hopefully things will calm down around [name_f]September[/name_f].

@ash:

I am in the Western-ish side of [name_f]Canada[/name_f]. It’s lovely around here!

I as well enjoy writing stories, though I haven’t written much lately. I write in my journal on a daily basis (usually before bed when I have a moment to myself) and it’s like a story about my life. It’s so neat to look back though old entries from years ago and see how I’ve changed.

I think [name_m]French[/name_m] might be my favourite as well. Here in [name_f]Canada[/name_f], elementary and high school students are required to take [name_m]French[/name_m] class, since it’s our second language. I had a terrible experience with [name_m]French[/name_m] in elementary school, so much so that it almost turned me off languages. When I got to high school though, the classes were so much more informative. My [name_m]French[/name_m] classes in highschool renewed my love for [name_m]French[/name_m] :slight_smile:

@[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]: I do! I live in an island called Gran Canaria (search some photos of it, you won’t regret it!), and it’s in the ‘[name_f]Canary[/name_f] Islands’ (search for that too haha!). We are closer to [name_f]Africa[/name_f] than we are to Europe, but we are European. Over here it’s boiling hot, between 30º and 40º on a daily basis, but we can get up to 45º (celsius!)

@stella:

Oh my gosh, it’s beautiful! You must love living there. Wow, 45 degrees Celsius! I think the hottest I remember it being around here is 43 degrees. I can’t imagine living in that every day. Around here, it’s been pretty hot this summer, and supposed to get even hotter tomorrow, then it’s going to cool down. Is it like that year-round, or just in the summer?

Also, are you having twins? If so, congratulations! That’s so exciting :slight_smile:

@[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]: It’s usually sort of this hot all year round, maybe in winter mornings we can get down to 18 or 20º but around 25-30 is the median for the whole year :slight_smile:

Yes! We found out today we are expecting twin boys!! :heart::heart:

Oh, awesome! I have two friends in [name_m]Ontario[/name_m] and another in BC, so you’ve evened it out. :stuck_out_tongue: I’d love to see Banff National [name_m]Park[/name_m], Vancouver, and even the Yukon territory because of my obsession with [name_f]Alaska[/name_f]. :stuck_out_tongue: (Along with all that I want to see in [name_f]Nova[/name_f] [name_f]Scotia[/name_f], [name_m]Quebec[/name_m], and [name_m]Ontario[/name_m]!)

With all my responsibilities with our mission trip we just got back from, I haven’t had the opportunity to do the type of writing I like to do, although I’m the assistant editor for my church’s newsletter, so I’m always writing up stuff for that. I’m up to about 13 or so writing projects I want to take on (either series or standalone novels); I’m just trying to make time to work on them at this point! My job is fairly stressful, so it’s hard to relax enough to write on working days. I pretty much need a block of time off to be able to do it, and an empty house with no distractions. [name_m]Le[/name_m] sigh. Maybe one day!

I’ve tried to journal, but I’m notoriously awful at it, and can’t keep up with it for the life of me!

[name_m]French[/name_m] is so pretty, isn’t it? I’ve gone through the entire course on Duolingo, and am contemplating investing money to try to advance my [name_m]French[/name_m] even further. It’s easier for Portuguese, at this point, because I’m still learning, and I have Brazilian friends to help me if I want to practice (plus, I was just in [name_u]Brazil[/name_u], and now have a million Brazilian friends on fb and so I just have a ton more exposure, haha–plus, I was listening to it constantly for about 3 weeks). And I’m just starting out on [name_m]German[/name_m], pretty much, so everything is new! [name_m]French[/name_m] I should probably brush up on, but the [name_m]French[/name_m] community in the US is pretty much nonexistent. Here, at least. I hear Spanish so often, but rarely do I hear anything but English and Spanish here.

@[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]: yeah it’s amazing how a common interest can bridge distance. I’m actually in the state team for karate, I have a bad chest injury so I’m only training 2-3 days a week but I’m normally on 6 days which is absolutely exhausting. What kind of books are your favourite? I’m always on the lookout for new ones and exposure to different genres.

Thank you for complimenting [name_f]Ada[/name_f] Wildrose! I was on the fence about her, it was either Wildrose, which is fairly new or Mayflower, which has been on my longlist for a year, so it’s nice to get some reassurance that Wildrose suits. It’s [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] now but [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] was delightful. Your two mn names are all well known names but they’re paired absolutely brilliantly do each name shines.

@[name_f]Stella[/name_f]: congratulations! Twins must be so exciting. Can’t wait to see what you come up with for the other baby.

That’s almost right! The X is actually said like the English sh, and the tl is pronounced like cl in English. Its kinda complicated to explain with written words. It means flower in my husband’s family’s second language of Nahuatl. My husband is Aztec from Mexico. I would love to learn that language also, but there aren’t a lot of resources on it, unless I went to Mexico and got a book or dictionary. They have a preschool in my husband’s town that is bilingual Spanish/Nahuatl and it was so cool to hear the kids sing the Mexican National Anthem in both languages.

Sure! :slight_smile: I’m not as active on here right now as I used to be but I try and come on at least a few times a week.

My name is [name_f]Eryn[/name_f] and I’m 20, 6 or so weeks away from being 21. I’m from east [name_f]England[/name_f] and I’m not currently in education and haven’t been for the past 2 years, but I do work in retail part-time until more hours come up. I love travelling (I recently went to [name_m]Amsterdam[/name_m] in [name_f]April[/name_f] and I plan on visiting all over [name_u]America[/name_u] in my 20s), makeup (my obsession grew rapidly these past few months and I’m now building up a [name_m]Jeffree[/name_m] [name_f]Star[/name_f] velour lipstick collection!), tattoos (I started on my sleeve a few months back), TV shows (specifically crime shows, but I love One Tree [name_m]Hill[/name_m], [name_u]Grey[/name_u]'s Anatomy, Private Practice, et cetera) and I’m a huge foodie (currently dieting so I’m eating rabbit food right now, but I love food).

I have a niece called [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] who’s 1 tomorrow(!!) and a nephew called [name_u]Noah[/name_u] who is 3. I’m the middle child and I grew up being really close to my younger sister, but now I am super close to my older sister. I find it so interesting how it’s gone the complete opposite. :stuck_out_tongue:

I also collect books (well, hoard), I play video games (I actually only play MW2 on my Xbox 360 right now because I’m nostalgic and I lost my other games while packing lol) and I am a “stan”.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]!

My name is [name_u]Haley[/name_u], and I’m a fellow Canadian! :wink: LOL no kids yet, but S/O and I are beginning to seriously plan our future family, as we’re getting married in a little over 10 months, and would like to start a family not long after :slight_smile:

I really love makeup and fashion, writing (which I went to school for!), and I’m mildly obsessed with Disney princesses, haha.

I love so many of the names on your list - you have a lovely style!!

I thought I’d pop in too! My name is [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. I’m 22, from the southeastern US, and currently at university studying technical writing. I love to read, and most of what I do in my spare time revolves around that. I do write a bit as well, but these days it’s all fanfiction that I don’t share with anyone. :stuck_out_tongue:

@[name_f]Emily[/name_f]: the fanfiction thing is actually me haha, I share it with my close group and they all always demand I post it on wattpad or whatever but I never can.

@[name_f]Eryn[/name_f]: ooh I love crime shows, I wish I had more time to watch them. I binge watch Castle, Miss [name_m]Fisher[/name_m] Mysteries, NCIS and Poirot with my mum every spare day I have.

@[name_u]Haley[/name_u]: I thought you’d left! Good to see you around again

Wow, hello everyone!

My apologies for not responding sooner - seems like I can’t find a moment to myself these days.

@ash:

Mission trip? That sounds so cool! Where’d you go?

You’re like a lot of my [name_m]IRL[/name_m] friends - wanting to journal but can’t find the time/motivation. Sometimes I’m like that as well, and there’s weeks where I haven’t written anything at all, then weeks where I write multiple times a day. I’ve been journaling for about a year and a half now and just finished my sixth journal last night. I write whenever I have free time, and about whatever is on my mind or what I did that day. It’s super interesting to read back through my old journals and remember stuff from a year ago that I would’ve forgotten.

[name_m]French[/name_m] really is so pretty. One day I hope to branch out, travel the world and learn a ton of new languages, when I’m financially in the place to do so. I’ve never been a huge traveling person, but there’s a few countries ([name_f]Italy[/name_f], [name_f]France[/name_f], Spain) that I would love to visit.

@kizzy:

That’s a tough question! I haven’t been reading as much as I’d like to lately. I read almost all types of books, though I’m not a huge fantasy person (love [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] though). I recently took a trip across [name_f]Canada[/name_f] to visit some family, and at the airport I bought one of those super cheesy romance novels for the flight. I haven’t read one of those in about five years, since they’re not really my style. Which books are your favourite?

Thank you! I’m still not sure about [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f], it might be too much of a tongue twister. I’m a bit nervous that [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is too boring, so thank you for reassuring me otherwise! It’s still a toss up between those two, but I might end up scrapping both and starting fresh.

@jenni:

That’s so cool! I like that pronunciation better than the way I was saying it, haha :stuck_out_tongue:

I love when schools are bilingual, I wish I’d gotten the opportunity to learn a second language when I was young. Spanish is so interesting, and I really like that every letter is pronounced, if that makes sense? In [name_m]French[/name_m] (and English) there’s a bunch of letters that are silent, but in Spanish, every word I’ve come across is fairly easy to pronounce.

@eryn:

Hello!

That sounds so interesting! I’ve never been to Europe, what’s it like there? I love makeup as well, particularly lipstick, and nude shades are becoming my new favourite. I’ve never been one for bright colours, since they don’t go very well with my skin tone and hair colour. I love tv shows as well, and I’m a sucker for old-timey type shows. I also am quite liking the uber popular (in [name_f]Canada[/name_f]) shows, like The Big Bang [name_m]Theory[/name_m], Modern Family, et cetera.

I love [name_f]Calla[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] from your signature. I’ve been looking for a middle for [name_f]Calla[/name_f], and I think [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is just perfect. It adds just enough sparkle and shine :slight_smile:

[name_f]Happy[/name_f] birthday to your niece! I have a friend who’s considering [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] for her baby, and I love it. Such a beautiful name!

@haley:

Hello fellow Canadian! Congratulations on your wedding, that’s so exciting and I’m sure it’ll be lovely!

I quite like makeup and fashion as well. This fall I’m going to switch up my style a bit, not have as many “typical fall” pieces, but a bit different. I love trying new styles (but nothing too weird).

Thank you so much! That means a lot. I’m really crushing on [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] from your signature atm, I love the vintage and classy vibe they have. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is a favourite of mine right now.

@emily:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]!

I love reading as well! (I think most of us do in this thread haha). I’ve never written fanfiction but a lot of my friends do, I’ll have to try it! Sounds super cool :stuck_out_tongue:

[name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] from your signature is so lovely and charming, I love it!

@[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]: Thank you! I’ve only just started developing an interest in making combos at all. My full lists are a bit eclectic, so it is fun trying to pair names that don’t sound completely bizarre together.

Hello! My name is [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. I’m 17 and I live in [name_f]England[/name_f]; just outside [name_u]London[/name_u]. I’ve been a member of Nameberry for just over three years now. I’m due to go into my final year of school next week and I study [name_m]History[/name_m], [name_m]Philosophy[/name_m] and English Language. I plan to take further studies in [name_m]History[/name_m] at university in order to become an archeologist.

Nice to meet you! :slight_smile: