Anything special on Dec. 18th?

My daughter is going to be born by c-section on Dec. 18th. We have her first name down to a few, but we are having a really hard time with the mn. We were going to do [name]James[/name] for my DH’s brother who passed away, but we’re not 100% certain on that.

So now we are looking at other options for a mn. The family names that are left, we don’t like too much. I was going to do a winter meaning name, but we can’t really agree on that either (although Egret keeps popping in my head, from the Snowy Egret, and I really don’t know why).

Earlier today DH thought he heard that there will be a meteor shower on Dec. 18th and we discussed making her mn [name]Star[/name] or something of the sort, but I later found out the meteor shower is tomorrow night instead.

So I was wondering if there is anything special on Dec. 18th that we might be able to use for a mn? Or… any other suggestions for mn’s?

Hey, [name]Raquel[/name],

I don’t know of anything this [name]December[/name] 18, but there are many celebrity birthdays ([name]Steven[/name] Spielberg, [name]Brad[/name] [name]Pitt[/name], [name]Katie[/name] [name]Holmes[/name], [name]Christina[/name] Aguilera, etc.) and historical events on this day. Here is the wikipedia link so you can check it out yourself - December 18 - Wikipedia

There are many saints with [name]December[/name] 18 as a feast day, but none of their names really seemed appropriate or feminine enough to work. You can google that, too, though.

Another thought for you: have you considered either [name]Clare[/name] or [name]Belle[/name]? [name]Clare[/name] reminds me of the holiday season because of [name]Clara[/name] in The Nutcracker, and [name]Belle[/name] just seems like a beautiful, festive name for a little girl, and it pairs perfectly with the elegant [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Alanna[/name]).

Good luck!

[name]Lauren[/name]

Thanks for all the input [name]Lauren[/name]! This whole name thing is driving me nuts!
So I have [name]Noelle[/name], [name]Avery[/name], [name]Faye[/name], [name]Elden[/name], [name]Eve[/name], [name]Winter[/name] and [name]Nevara[/name] that I some-what like as a mn. So… [name]Belle[/name]? Hmmm. I’ll have to put that on the list. :slight_smile:

Yeah, this has indeed been a struggle, but you are almost at the finish line!

[name]Elden[/name]? Really? That seems rather masculine in my opinion - just throwing that out there. I really like [name]Faye[/name] and [name]Belle[/name] best, and I would say [name]Eve[/name] but both of your names end in -a and it doesn’t sound just right ([name]Sariah[/name] [name]Eve[/name], [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Eve[/name])…

[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

Yeah, this has indeed been a struggle, but you are almost at the finish line!

[name]Elden[/name]? Really? That seems rather masculine in my opinion - just throwing that out there. I really like [name]Faye[/name] and [name]Belle[/name] best, and I would say [name]Eve[/name] but both of your names end in -a and it doesn’t sound just right ([name]Sariah[/name] [name]Eve[/name], [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Eve[/name])…[/quote]

I thought it was more of a masculine name, too. I’ll take it off the list.
[name]Faye[/name] - does it mean elf or fairy? Some websites show elf, others show fairy. Is there a [name]Christmas[/name] fairy or a winter fairy, perhaps a snow fairy? Am I going to far with this? lol

[name]Aurora[/name] is a thought, but not with the names we have - [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Aurora[/name], [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]…

I’m not seeing how [name]Elizabeth[/name] has anything to do with [name]Christmas[/name] - maybe I missed something.

Yeah, I think you are. Ha! But, just to delight you: THE [name]CHRISTMAS[/name] [name]FAIRY[/name] OF STRASBURG (A [name]German[/name] Folk-Tale) THE CHRISTMAS FAIRY OF STRASBURG (A German Folk-Tale) By J. Stirling Coyne [Adapted]

I think [name]Faye[/name] is either fairy or elf. Elf has obvious [name]Christmas[/name] associations, but I think you can count fairy in the same boat. Oh, another thing, [name]Belle[/name] means “beauty”…

[name]Aurora[/name] is a thought, but not with the names we have - [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Aurora[/name], [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]…

I’m not seeing how [name]Elizabeth[/name] has anything to do with [name]Christmas[/name] - maybe I missed something.[/quote]

I’m not really seeing it either, but [name]Elizabeth[/name] is the cousin of [name]Mary[/name], who is the mother of [name]Jesus[/name], so…there COULD be some Biblical connection!

You could use [name]Beth[/name] or [name]Bess[/name]. [name]Beth[/name] reminds me of [name]Little[/name] Women, a nice connection - and they celebrate [name]Christmas[/name] in it! As you can see, I’m still stuck on the one-syllable middle names, for tradition’s sake…

[name]Fairy[/name] [name]Ernestine[/name]??? Umm… no. lol But thanks!

That’s a stretch there for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. lol But [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is pretty.

Oh, I also found [name]Angel[/name] or [name]Angelica[/name] and [name]Berry[/name] (not sure about that one)

Haha! Was that her name? I didn’t even read it, honestly. I was just trying to show that there is apparently a [name]Christmas[/name] fairy. I definitely don’t suggest naming your child [name]Ernestine[/name]!

Of the newcomers, [name]Angel[/name] seems a bit cheesy to me (actually, a lot cheesy), [name]Angelica[/name] reminds me of that pain in the butt character on Rugrats, and [name]Berry[/name] reminds me of [name]Halle[/name] (but could you imagine little [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Berry[/name] Gorman or [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Berry[/name] Gorman?). Sorry to be so negative!

[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is pretty, but the end vowel in [name]Sariah[/name] and the beginning vowel in [name]Elizabeth[/name] rubs me the wrong way a bit.

More!

A [name]Christmas[/name] [name]Carol[/name] Characters:
[name]Marley[/name] - as in [name]Jacob[/name], Scrooge’s late business partner
[name]Belle[/name] (!!!) - Scrooge’s lost love
[name]Martha[/name] - oldest Cratchit daughter

[name]Clara[/name], of The Nutcracker

[name]Virginia[/name] - “Yes, [name]Virginia[/name], there IS a [name]Santa[/name] [name]Claus[/name]!”

And, [name]Lucy[/name], from [name]St[/name]. [name]Lucia[/name], who reminds me of Christmastime (Her feast day is actually [name]December[/name] 13.) for these reasons:

“The festival of [name]Santa[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] begins before dawn, on the thirteenth of [name]December[/name], which under the old [name]Julian[/name] calendar (used in [name]Sweden[/name] before 1753) was [name]Christmas[/name] [name]Day[/name] and the longest night of the year. Throughout [name]Sweden[/name], the eldest daughter in each household comes to her sleeping parents, dressed in a long white gown tied with a red sash, and wearing a crown of lingonberry leaves in which are set seven lighted candies. In her hands she carries a tray of steaming hot coffee and “Lussekattor” ([name]Lucia[/name] Runs). The procession includes her sisters and brothers also dressed in white, holding lighted candles, and singing of the light and joy of [name]Christmas[/name].”

winter and [name]Christmas[/name] names
[name]Angelina[/name] nn [name]Lena[/name], [name]Angelica[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name] means white, could be white snow
[name]Celeste[/name] means heavenly
[name]Clara[/name] from The Nutcracker, my fave [name]Christmas[/name] name
[name]Gwendolyn[/name] means white circle
[name]Helena[/name] means light
[name]Hollis[/name], makes me think of [name]Holly[/name]
[name]Lara[/name], makes me think of [name]Julie[/name] [name]Christie[/name] in Dr. [name]Zhivago[/name] and her furry hats with snowflakes on them.
[name]Natalie[/name], [name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name] means ewe, makes me think of the sheep in the stable where the [name]Christ[/name] child was born.
[name]Sophia[/name] means wisdom. Makes me think of the Wise Men.
[name]Stella[/name] means star
[name]Veronica[/name] means true image. I think it’s a great name any time of the year.

[name]Red[/name] names
[name]Carmen[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]

[name]Green[/name] names
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Fern[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Jade[/name]

Scandinavian names sound wintery to me.
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Karina[/name]
[name]Pippa[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Saga[/name]
[name]Sigrid[/name]
[name]Thora[/name]
[name]Tilda[/name]
[name]Tove[/name]

[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Berry[/name]? Sounds like an ice cream or something! lol
I don’t really care for many of the other names - [name]Lucy[/name] maybe, but I like [name]Lucetta[/name] better - and there you go with that A thing again.

What about [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Star[/name] - [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Star[/name]? That’s what we were considering had there been a meteor shower like DH thought. We could use [name]Star[/name] after the [name]North[/name] [name]Star[/name]…

[name]Lucy[/name] was my favorite, honestly, besides [name]Belle[/name] and [name]Faye[/name], which I still really like. I honestly don’t know about [name]Star[/name] - I just can’t decide if I like it or not! One the one hand, it has a cute, unique connection to [name]Christmas[/name], but on the other hand, the name seems to lack the elegance and class of other names you are considering and the names of your children (not to mention I always associate it with [name]Star[/name] [name]Jones[/name] and this woman in her 50s that I know named [name]Starr[/name] - it seems to be trying too hard to be unique). So, I just can’t say for sure…

[name]Pearl[/name] - possibly? I was trying to find something that meant white or silver in the dictionary. [name]Pearl[/name] was all I could come up with. I don’t really care for it though. lol

I didn’t even see this until now. I’ll look at them more tomorrow, my brain is name fried!

Also [name]Danica[/name] which means morning star.

I like [name]Holly[/name] and [name]Natalia[/name]/[name]Natalie[/name] could work?
[name]Carol[/name]?
[name]Eira[/name]- [name]Snow[/name]
[name]Neva[/name]- [name]Snow[/name]

[name]Raquel[/name], I kind of like [name]Pearl[/name]! It sounds really cute with your names and has the same antiquated, feminine feel as [name]Rose[/name]. However, I still like [name]Belle[/name], [name]Faye[/name], and [name]Lucy[/name] - short ones!

[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] G.
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Belle[/name] G.
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Faye[/name] G.
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] G.

[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] G.
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Belle[/name] G.
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Faye[/name] G.
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] G.

Okay, so maybe I don’t like [name]Lucy[/name] as much, but I really like these - especially [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Belle[/name] - with [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Justin[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

Best of luck!