Apologize for wasting anyone's time, but thank you so much.

[name]Hi[/name], I’ve posted several times over the past month, stressing over naming our little girl… due next [name]Wednesday[/name] the 17th. So many of you have given me very helpful suggestions and I’m amazed at the time and thoughtfulness some of you put into your responses! Can’t thank you enough. Felt like I was really progressing along, but this naming process continues to end where I started… confused and directionless.

I just knew with my two boys what their names would be, and for some reason it hasn’t been the same with this little precious girl! And I feel like I’m driving my husband crazy now, too! Is it b/c it’s my first girl? Are girl names harder? I’ve heard from many that when I see my baby girl, we’ll just know. My fear is how will we know then if we don’t know now? What does a [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Eliza[/name] or [name]Emmeline[/name] or ??? really look like and don’t babies eventually define their names versus the other way around? So really just don’t know how to come to one name. And feel completely exhausted now to think clearly about names… and know I’m not going to have bursts of energy after delivering a baby in a week or less either! :slight_smile: So just wanted to apologize for taking everyone’s time to provide input, opinions, advice, poll results, etc… They’ve been so helpful and I wish I could provide that happy ending that I’ve read from so many other moms on this site - - that they’ve now found the right name for their child. I’m hoping for that clarity and peace to come to me very soon as well.

mn’s create nice compliments to fn’s, and while the flow of some of these fn/md combos may be better than others - - swaying some readers to favor one combo over the other - - what we’re really circling around and around on is the first name b/c that’s the name my husband and I and this baby girl will become most familar with on a day to day basis… so wish I just had a strong gut feeling, how do I find that? The list of 6. [name]Love[/name] them all. Husband loves some more than others, and vise versa for me. Coming to an agreement is half the battle as well… Have thought of mn’s for the first couple, but as you can see… the fn’s have been so hard for us that mn is beyond exhausting to focus on!

Our list…

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name]/or something else?
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]

Thank you again and best wishes to all of the very kind posters on nameberry.

[name]Hi[/name] CO we love to help people choose names for their babies, so you don’t need to think you have wasted our time because you haven’t come to a final decision.

For me the best way to choose is to go with the heart. Forget popular opinion and just listen to the feeling inside of you. [name]Don[/name]'t bombard yourself with lots of names, and I think it is a good idea to concentrate on just the first name.

I named my son [name]Miles[/name], (he is a father of 3 now) and at the time NO ONE was named [name]Miles[/name], so I suppose that in the view of most the name we chose was weird, but we didn’t care and it worked out perfectly for him and ourselves as we all love it.

So what I am saying is that at the end of the day sit still and find that part of you that says I really like that name more than any other. I am sure it is there but you need some quiet time to reflect.

Wishing you peace and happiness and we would love to hear about the birth in birth announcements if you feel like it.

hugs from rollo

PS I don’t think that [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] sounds very French at all but it is a lovely name.

There’s no need to apologize, I’m sure no one mind helping you out at all. I’m sure you’ll find something to name your daughter very soon. I wouldn’t stress too much, all the names on your list are beautiful - you can’t go wrong with any of your choices!

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Elizabeth[/name] - [name]Claire[/name] is such a classic, although not a favourite of mine, it is very nice. [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] are favourites of mine too, I love them!

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name]/or something else? - I think [name]Eliza[/name] is adorable and quirky. [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is a lovely combo. I also like…
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]

[name]Emmeline[/name] - Not a huge fan of this, but it is still a cute name!
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

[name]Eleanor[/name] - lovely! And any of these names would work as middles… [name]Jane[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Grace[/name].

[name]Anna[/name] - I think [name]Anna[/name] is so lovely. It is so elegant!

[name]Audrey[/name] - [name]Audrey[/name] is another favourite of mine, it’s gorgeous!

Your list is really great, anything you pick would be an amazing name for your daughter!

My personal favourites are…

[name]Anna[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

Good luck, I’m sure you’ll find something very soon :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile: [name]Don[/name]'t apologize! Naming a baby is serious business, and I love how much you care about finding the perfect name! (And your daughter will appreciate it, too.) :slight_smile:

Which one of the names makes you happiest? Which name could you hear and say over and over again, still loving it as much each time?

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Elizabeth[/name]: I love both [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name]! So pretty!

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name]: I love [name]Eliza[/name] so much!!! I know that [name]Grace[/name] is really popular in the middle, but I do love the sound and flow of [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]

[name]Emmeline[/name]: I think it’s beautiful, too!

[name]Eleanor[/name]: Ooh! I love [name]Eleanor[/name]!

[name]Anna[/name]: I love [name]Anna[/name]! For some reason, I’m thinking your last name is [name]Anderson[/name], but then again, I could be totally wrong. If it’s [name]Anderson[/name] though, I personally woudn’t use [name]Anna[/name] [name]Anderson[/name].

[name]Audrey[/name]: I love it!

(Okay…I just went back and found the post, and it’s [name]Anderson[/name]…)

From your list, I love the flow of [name]Claire[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] the most. (I know that first name/middle name flow isn’t an issue for you, but in case first name/last name flow is, I thought I’d mention it.) :slight_smile:

I’m sure you’ll find the perfect name for you! :slight_smile:

Take care!

Oops! I forgot middles for [name]Eleanor[/name] and the others:

[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name], CO!

[name]Don[/name]'t apologize. Naming a baby is tough work! I like to call it finding a needle in a haystack…

I think you have a great list of names here, if that means anything. You don’t feel a strong pull to any one or two of them? It’s totally fine if you don’t! But, you are confident one of these is the name, right?

I don’t know for sure what your daughter will look like, and, yes, I’m sure she will embody her name for the most part, but I can tell you what I think each of these names “looks” like to the best of my ability. No guarantees, though!

[name]Claire[/name] - [name]Claire[/name] is straightforward and self-assured. She is an independent spirit with a good head on her shoulders, and she is praised for being motivated and bright. I picture [name]Claire[/name] with honey brown hair and hazel eyes - though the eye color is debatable - and a big, sweet smile on her face. Though quiet and reserved, [name]Claire[/name] is playful to me - gentle, sweet, and loyal. (I like [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name].)

[name]Eliza[/name] - [name]Eliza[/name] is elegant and cultured, spunky and sweet. [name]Eliza[/name] maintains the same confidence and gentle spirit that [name]Claire[/name] had, yet she has a bit more spunk. Witty and clever, [name]Eliza[/name] is a joy to be around. I see [name]Eliza[/name] with dark hair and bright blue eyes, with porcelain skin and rosy cheeks. [name]Eliza[/name] could also be a little girl with blond curls, though! (I like [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Juliet[/name].)

[name]Emmeline[/name] - [name]Emmeline[/name] is friendly and boisterous, yet she can be shy and reserved at times. [name]Emmeline[/name] is a popular, confident, self-aware child who takes pleasure in typical kid activities. She is girly and sweet, yet I’d imagine [name]Emmeline[/name] could be a trouble-maker, too. [name]Emmeline[/name], in my imagination, has light brown hair and blue eyes, but I could see her with a fairer physical appearance, too - I don’t see a dark-haired little girl, however. (I like [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Clara[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name].)

[name]Eleanor[/name] - [name]Eleanor[/name] is studious and calm, albeit a little bit shy and reserved. [name]Eleanor[/name] retreats into her own world, finding solace in her daydreams and wishes. A talented child, I see [name]Eleanor[/name] excelling in music and the arts. She isn’t the most playful or social of children, but she is polite and friendly. [name]Eleanor[/name] has brown hair and brown eyes in my imagination, and her hair is on the wavier side. (I like [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name].)

[name]Anna[/name] - [name]Anna[/name] is sweeter than pie. She is friendly and social, confident and calm. [name]Anna[/name] is the girl next door, popular and playful, excitable and earnest, giddy and giggly. She can be stubborn and boisterous, and she is probably daddy’s little princess, yet her sweet appearance and caring attitude win over the hearts of all who meet her. [name]Anna[/name], for me, has blond or honey brown curls and blue eyes. (I like [name]Anna[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Anna[/name] [name]Catherine[/name].)

[name]Audrey[/name] - [name]Audrey[/name] is confident and pretty, yet she is a bit of a tomboy. With her classic charm and graceful manners, [name]Audrey[/name] is an easy child to care for. She is loud and stubborn, dramatic and witty, playful and independent. [name]Audrey[/name] is an achiever, and she tries to accomplish whatever she puts her mind to. I see [name]Audrey[/name] with medium brown hair and brown eyes, but it is a name that could match anybody. (I like [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], and [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Amelia[/name].)

Good luck! If it makes any difference, my favorites are [name]Anna[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], and [name]Claire[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

All of your names are lovely.

My suggestion to you is to write down your favorites and put them in a hat (or cup or whatever) and say that the one you choose will be your daughter’s name. Then draw. Are you happy? Disappointed? If you’re disappointed, then throw that name out and move on to the next one until you feel like you have found the perfect name.

Good luck!

I’m completely obsessed with names. I would think of them just on my own while looking out the window. It is quite ridiculous, actually. So you haven’t wasted my time, don’t worry.

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] this name.
[name]How[/name] about [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Claire[/name] nn [name]Eliza[/name] for an option?
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name] - very pretty, but [name]Grace[/name] is such a common mn. [name]How[/name] about [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Claire[/name]?

[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]

[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - I love these two together.
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]

[name]Anna[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] - love it! Makes me think of a strand of pearls next to a birthday cake. [name]Don[/name]'t know why!
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] - one of my all-time favorites. [name]Feel[/name] free to use it - I’m too old to have more babies.
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Rosamond[/name]

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Priscilla[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Winifred[/name]

Thank you for all of your kind words.

[name]Lovely[/name] descriptions of each name as well. :slight_smile: I would say [name]Claire[/name] is most similar to my personality, and [name]Eliza[/name] is most similar to my husband’s personality. [name]Audrey[/name]'s physical description resembles us both the best.

Which names am I drawn to? All of them :slight_smile:

[name]Claire[/name] - [name]Love[/name] the simplicity and no nickname. Classic, but a part of me feels like it’s too straight-forward when I say it. This name almost feels divided to me. Can resemble a very strong willed, serious, go getter. Or else a very elegant, delicate princess. Not sure how I feel about that? Quick, short name. Guess that’s why I prefer a pairing like [name]Juliet[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Juliet[/name] makes the name feel a little more feminine, romantic, and yet unique to me. I do love [name]Elizabeth[/name]… the two together seem to re-emphasize the seriousness and straight-forwardness of this name… yet if this is how her personality begins to define itself, then the name would be absolutely perfect! Can a name be too classic?

[name]Eliza[/name] - [name]Just[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] saying this name. Feels much different than [name]Elizabeth[/name] to me, yet I really love how [name]Eliza[/name] stems from [name]Elizabeth[/name], and [name]Elizabeth[/name] is of biblical origin. Not a necessity, but ties in nicely with the rest of the family… [name]John[/name], [name]Sara[/name], [name]James[/name], and [name]Noah[/name]. This name is on the list b/c of that gut feeling you have when you know you love a name. What’s the hesitation? For some reason, I imagine myself introducing my children and people hearing [name]Elijah[/name] versus [name]Eliza[/name] every so often… maybe because [name]Elijah[/name] would seem to flow with [name]James[/name] & [name]Noah[/name] and would people mistake my little girl for a boy or else always think she had a tomboyish name b/c it may sound like [name]Elijah[/name]… silly, but something that pops into my head. Absolutely love this name though, and like how [name]Grace[/name] really softens the name. Agree with the popularity comments, but have always loved the soft, spirital sound of [name]Grace[/name].

[name]Emmeline[/name] - This name popped up and I can’t put my finger on why. [name]Love[/name] its uniqueness, yet still has that soft opening of ‘[name]Emma[/name]’ In the very beginning when we found out we were expecting, my husband was immediately drawn to [name]Emma[/name]. We both didn’t like the popularity of this name and it kind of fell off the list. Until we discovered [name]Emmeline[/name]. Only problem with this name… pronunciation. I still love [name]Emma[/name]-[name]Line[/name], and my husband is drawn to [name]Emma[/name]-[name]Lyn[/name]. Neither one of us can compromise, but neither one of us can find it in us to scratch this name off the list either! I guess the one factor that would make me hesitate is I really feel like my little [name]Emmeline[/name] would just become another [name]Emma[/name] eventually and her birth name would soon be forgotten… only to be seen on the birth certificate. Of all the names, this one feels like it has the most potential to be chopped. And I’d lose my ‘[name]Emma[/name]-[name]Line[/name]’ sound as I would begin to hear her friends & relatives call out [name]Em[/name] or [name]Emma[/name] on the playground, school functions, and family reunions…

[name]Anna[/name] - Someone asked, ‘Which name makes you feel the happiest?’ I have always reserved this name as one of my favorites… long before I met my husband (and my new last name became [name]Anderson[/name]). I just love saying [name]Anna[/name]. It’s simple like [name]Claire[/name], but feels more feminine and softer. A classic. And biblical like [name]Elizabeth[/name]/[name]Eliza[/name]. [name]Just[/name] absolutely love the way it rolls off my tongue. Would never tire of saying it, and she would always stay my [name]Anna[/name]. No nicknames. Not to mention love how it sounds with [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name]. So maybe some of you can relate… how can you drop such a long time favorite b/c it now clashes with your last name. Sad sad story. Especially given the reality that 20+ years from now, she’ll most likely have a different last name :slight_smile: But the repititious sound for the 1st 20 yrs. of her life is enough for me to think twice about this name that would otherwise be a homerun for me.

[name]Eleanor[/name] - Another favorite of mine, and this is the one name in which I love a nickname as much as the formal. Not a fan of [name]Elle[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name], but absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Nora[/name]. Once again, all of my favorites seem to have one small thing wrong with them… I have a son named [name]Noah[/name]. Otherwise, [name]Nora[/name] by itself would be in the running for the top name (for both my husband and I). [name]Eleanor[/name] is a beautiful classic and has the added bonus for me to have a chance to refer to my little [name]Eleanor[/name] as ‘[name]Nora[/name]’ every so often. Yet still introduce our children with distinct names. Other hesitation we have with this name is my husband has a 2nd cousin (7 yrs. old) named [name]Eleanor[/name]. Though I’ve always loved this name well before I met my husband, I’m less settled with the idea of 2 [name]Eleanor[/name]'s in the family. We could get around this by naming her [name]Eleanor[/name] and calling her [name]Nora[/name], but brings us back to [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Nora[/name].

[name]Audrey[/name] - [name]Love[/name] the way the ‘y’ sounds with ‘[name]Anderson[/name]’. And unlike some other ‘y’ ending choices, this name gives me a classic and once again… always an [name]Audrey[/name]. No nickname and love this. Similar to how I feel about [name]Anna[/name], my husband adores [name]Audrey[/name]. Seems a bit heartless to not look at this from his eyes and as I’ve done this, I’ve really started falling in love with this name, too. Can see why he likes it so much. But, if I were to pick names out of a hat and I drew this one, in all honesty, I feel like this is the one name that I’d say - 2 out of 3. But really like some of the ‘E’ combos with this name… [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], and even [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]. And love the ‘A’ sound at the beginning, the double ‘A’ sound with fn/ln, and feel like the start of this name oddly reminds me of the ‘A’ sound in [name]Anna[/name].

[name]Hence[/name] this is my story and why I feel so stuck. [name]Lemon[/name] asked whether I’m sure that any of these names are the ONE. As much as I love them, one of them just has to be. But each small hesitation above is what keeps me going in circles and continuing the search.

From your descriptions of how you feel about each name, it sounds like [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is the name with the most going for it. (I don’t know how your husband feels about the name though.) I don’t think you need to worry about a mix-up with [name]Elijah[/name]. I would not let that stop you from using the name. Of course, everyone who knows your daughter or your family will know she is [name]Eliza[/name], not [name]Elijah[/name]. When you are introducing your children in person, no one will think you your daughter’s name is [name]Elijah[/name]. When your children’s names are written, they will know it is [name]Eliza[/name], not [name]Elijah[/name]. It’s hard to imagine a scenario where it would be a problem. When talking about your kids to someone on the phone who does not know them, you can eliminate any chance of a misunderstanding by saying, “and my daughter, [name]Eliza[/name].” Clear pronunciation of the name should do the trick as well.

I think [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is very, very pretty!!!

[name]Hi[/name], Mommy [name]Anderson[/name],

I really enjoyed reading each of your descriptions, comparing it to my own ideas of each name, and digesting your thoughts.

I was going to come on here and suggest a bracket technique for you and your husband to use to eliminate names, but I think there are some that need to go now - as hard as it may be to say goodbye to them.

[name]Claire[/name] - No, a name can’t be too classic. Not if classic is your “thing,” which it is. [name]Claire[/name] is very straightforward, as you said, but it has an elegance and sophisticated that is lacking in other straightforward names (for instance, [name]Dawn[/name]). [name]Claire[/name] is lovely with your other children’s names, and it is a beautiful name! It would fit the physical description of your child, too.

[name]Eliza[/name] - I’ve never thought of that [name]Eliza[/name]-[name]Elijah[/name] situation until you pointed it out. [name]James[/name], [name]Noah[/name], [name]Eliza[/name]…[name]James[/name], [name]Noah[/name], [name]Elijah[/name]. You’re right - [name]Elijah[/name] “works” with [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name], perhaps more than [name]Eliza[/name], but would that make people think you were saying [name]Elijah[/name]? I don’t think I really agree with that. I do, however, think that saying “[name]James[/name], [name]Noah[/name], [name]Eliza[/name]” is rather difficult.

[name]Emmeline[/name] - You can’t agree on a pronunciation, so this name is out. It’s as simple as that - don’t overcomplicate it! You need to get rid of names, and as sad as it is to see one go, this one won’t be her name if you can’t agree on how it should be said. Not to mention, she likely would be called [name]Em[/name] or [name]Emma[/name], and you don’t seem to love that idea.

[name]Anna[/name] - [name]Anna[/name] makes me happy, too. As soon as I found out it was a distant family name, I really loved it for my own use. It is playful and sweet, and I love it on its own or with the [name]Annie[/name] nickname. It is dressy yet casual. So, I do feel your pain with the [name]Anna[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] situation. [name]Truth[/name] is, though, that [name]Anna[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] sounds ridiculous, and she would have to live with that for the first 20 to 30 years of her life. I think it just has to go!

[name]Eleanor[/name] - I’ve never been an [name]Eleanor[/name] fan, so I might be a bit biased, and I really don’t care for [name]Nora[/name]. I think the issue of [name]Nora[/name] with [name]Noah[/name] is definitely a concern. This name has too much against it, like [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name], that I can’t get past. First, the [name]Noah[/name] problem, and second, the relative problem. Goodbye [name]Eleanor[/name]…

[name]Audrey[/name] - [name]Audrey[/name] sounds great with [name]Anderson[/name], it doesn’t have a nickname, your husband adores it, and you are starting to fall in love. What causes you to make it a 2 out of 3 name, then? If it is that you can’t let go of [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] and the likes, then I think you should look at the fact that both of those names have “problems” working against them. [name]Audrey[/name] - lovely [name]Audrey[/name] who fits your physical description - is fantastic.

So, with that, I would eliminate your names to all but [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Claire[/name].

I disagree with the other two posters - I think your daughter already has a name, and that name is [name]Audrey[/name]. Of your combinations, I think [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] is best, as I still don’t like [name]Emmeline[/name] with [name]Anderson[/name] (even as a MN), and [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Anderson[/name], with the vowel sounds, clashes a bit. [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] is classic and elegant, yet it has a bit of playful spunk and sweetness, which I believe is what you were looking for. I’d also suggest [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]…

Good luck! Let me know if I can be of any more help to you!

Wow, [name]Lemon[/name] sure did a great job of describing what each name might “look like”! My personal favorites are [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] or
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]. And don’t worry, whatever name you pick, it will be the perfect one for your daughter! My daughter’s name is [name]Emily[/name] (she is 8), and even though it is a VERY popular name now, it really fits her!

Yes [name]Lemon[/name], you are right. I can’t let go of [name]Anna[/name] & [name]Eliza[/name]… probably similar to how you might feel if asked to let go of [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] (if I remember, these are all time favorites of yours??) Not to say one can’t change… but when you love a name so much, it feels as though you’ve almost already associated your unborn children with such names. And when put that way, one could never just say good-bye to their children! Loved your response and even more so, when I got to the part that my child already has a name… [name]Audrey[/name]. Except I had this deep unsettling feeling as I read over those words. A feeling of complete detachment from that name to my soon-to-be born child. Maybe this will change in the next few days or when I see her, but this name is my husband’s love. My love for my husband is what opens my eyes to love this name, but independent from that, I do not feel the attachment of this name to my child. Can’t really explain it though.

You are right that of all the names, probably the most feasible that can remain on the list are [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name]. Given my feelings on [name]Audrey[/name], you may be able to better understand why [name]Claire[/name] has remained the last name standing. And taking a deeper look at my earlier posting on why/why not [name]Claire[/name], this is what left me a few weeks ago to start the discussion around ‘Having Cold Feet with my top Name - [name]Claire[/name]’. Which then leaves my child nameless. I’ve looked through every name to the point of obsession and have tried starting fresh and then fresh again. [name]Feel[/name] like I’m looking over the obvious… and patiently waiting to discover what that is!

Oh, CO!

I’m sorry you felt that way! Yes, I’d be crushed to let go of [name]Lydia[/name] - and [name]Charlotte[/name], to an extent - but if I felt like another name was beautiful, sounded great with my last name, and just worked the best, I think I could do it! For example, I could let go of [name]Lydia[/name] for [name]Anna[/name] if my last name was something like Limerick…

What is it specifically about [name]Audrey[/name] that bothers you? [name]Do[/name] you even know? In all honesty, I don’t think you can go wrong with either [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Audrey[/name]. I just thought the alliteration of [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] was cute, but I do like the sibling set of [name]James[/name], [name]Noah[/name], and [name]Claire[/name] a lot! Very nice names, both of them.

If you are willing to limit your search to these two names, maybe you can make a pros and cons list for each of them with your husband. Or, does your husband not have a strong preference either way?

Like I said - I really love both names. [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Anderson[/name], [name]Claire[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] - perfection either way!

Hang in there! You’ll find it, and I’m sure you’ll love it, because you will love your daughter!

If it’s true that your hesitation with using the name [name]Claire[/name] stems only from it meaning that you don’t then get to use [name]Eliza[/name] or [name]Anna[/name], then I think the solution is obvious. USE [name]Anna[/name] AND [name]Eliza[/name], just not as your daughter’s first name.
Name your daughter [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] - really, a perfect name!
Now, [name]Eliza[/name] has already been taken, so you no longer have to mourn its unuse - it’s right there in the beginning of your daughter’s middle name [name]Elizabeth[/name] (allowing you to have the possibility of calling your daughter [name]Claire[/name] by the nn [name]Eliza[/name] every now and again - sort of a special Mommy-daughter thing).
Then, go ahead and name something else [name]Anna[/name] - a pet, a plant, your car, something that will allow you to say “Hello [name]Anna[/name]” with regular frequency and get it out of your system - [name]Anna[/name] is a fantastic name, but it wasn’t meant for your daughter, Mrs. [name]Anderson[/name].

Ok, I really thought about this and I think I can pinpoint why I’m not connecting with [name]Audrey[/name] right now. (thanks by the way! Never really realized this until you questioned me to think about it). It feels a bit choppy to me and therefore, almost like I’m saying two different names combined. It’s the only name on my list where there are two consonants right where the syllables break… versus consonant/vowel pattern. [name]Every[/name] other name, if more than one syllable, is padded by vowels in between… which just seems to flow better for me and roll right off my tongue. In essence, [name]Audrey[/name] feels more forced vs. natural for me to say… And of all the names, [name]Claire[/name] is the only 1 syllable name, which by default then lacks this flowing pattern. [name]Hence[/name] a short, strong 1 syllable finish. So maybe I start looking for classic names with this consonant/vowel pattern similar to [name]Anna[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], and [name]Eleanor[/name]?

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Elizabeth[/name] - I think either of these names are very beautiful, although [name]Claire[/name] isn’t exactly my style. But if I had to choose one I think I would go with [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], just because it is a little more unique than the more common [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are quite nice, though. And, if you are willing to give it a shot, I think [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is also beautiful! (Also, [name]Juliet[/name] has so many cute nn possibilities! Eg, [name]Julie[/name], [name]Julia[/name], Lie, [name]Lea[/name] etc.)

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name]/or something else? - I think [name]Eliza[/name] is adorable! It is so unique and cute! [name]Grace[/name] goes beautifully with it, but if you are looking for other options, how about:
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]May[/name]/[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Bliss[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Wynne[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
Or if you want another G name…
[name]Eliza[/name] Gemme/[name]Gem[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name]

[name]Emmeline[/name] - Very pretty but getting a bit over used! I love the name/nn [name]Emma[/name], though! I like:
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Taylor[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

[name]Eleanor[/name] - Cute, but it sounds abit old-fashioned to me.
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Leah[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Madelyn[/name]

[name]Anna[/name] - A little too plain for me.
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Audrey[/name] - It’s okay… not my style, though, sorry.
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Sasha[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Brook[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

Good luck! I’m sure soon you will find a name you love!

CO,
I agree with JLM: I really think [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] is perfect for you, because [name]Elizabeth[/name] has [name]Eliza[/name] in it, and [name]Anderson[/name] has [name]Ann[/name] in it, which references [name]Anna[/name]. [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Anderson[/name], when said together, sounds so classy and sophisticated! That being said, there are other classic names out there, like:

[name]Emily[/name] (I know, I am partial!)
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]

CO,

Okay, I sort of see your point, but at the same time, I don’t. Are you saying the name [name]Audrey[/name] as AWD-ree? I say it more like AW-dree, so all of the vowels are on one side of the syllable break. Does that make sense?

I don’t really think you need to keep looking, but if you do, let me see what I can find that sort of fits that pattern. Tell me if I am way off base!

[name]Maeve[/name] - Like [name]Claire[/name] in its sophisticated, simple sound, but it has a bit of extra spunk. Might not be classic enough for you…

[name]Ruby[/name] - I definitely see a little girl who fits your description with this name, and it seems classic and vintage. It sounds amazing with [name]Anderson[/name], and I love it with [name]James[/name], especially, and [name]Noah[/name]. No-nickname name! [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] or [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] would be darling!

[name]Lucy[/name] - [name]Lucy[/name] has the same happy sound and personality as [name]Anna[/name] in my opinion, yet it avoids all the troubles of [name]Anna[/name] with [name]Anderson[/name]. [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] would be sweet.

[name]Helen[/name] - [name]Helen[/name] has character and class, yet it has the no-nonsense sensibility of [name]Claire[/name]. It seems more befitting of a blond, but I think it could work. Not my favorite, though. [name]Helen[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] is classic and vintage.

[name]Abigail[/name] - It has the good girl image of [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] with a bit of fun and playfulness present in [name]Audrey[/name]. Excellent with both [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name]. [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] would be darling.

[name]Felicity[/name] - Perhaps more name than you are looking for, this one has a great meaning - “happy” - and has character and charm like no other! [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Claire[/name] would be a beautiful combination with [name]Anderson[/name].

[name]Claire[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name] are still wonderful choices, mind you! Good luck, and let me know what you are thinking.