Apologize for wasting anyone's time, but thank you so much.

Feeling much better about moving away from [name]Anna[/name]. Thank you everyone. [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Abigail[/name] have both been on our list… off our list… and back on. :slight_smile: Really really tried hard to narrow names, as that’s what so many have told me to do. And with the problems facing [name]Anna[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], and [name]Emmeline[/name] - maybe I crossed off the wrong names… was stuck on names that I absolutely loved but realistically could never be the name of our daughter. Still haven’t parted from [name]Eliza[/name], but probably need to… maybe? [name]Just[/name] couldn’t find the right mn for [name]Lucy[/name] to make it feel like a more elegant, classy, and grown-up name, but still love it. And really like [name]Abby[/name] (probably more so than [name]Abigail[/name]), but always hesitate with any nickname names. nn’s are less of my style I guess. [name]Ruby[/name] is very cute! [name]Will[/name] sleep on that one. Never thought of that. My husband brought up [name]Tory[/name] today ([name]Victoria[/name]?), so he obviously likes the ‘y’ endings… :slight_smile:

CO,

Like I told you before, Y names sound great with your last name!

I think that it is hard to cross of names that you really love, but you have to think realistically about what works and what doesn’t in the context of the entire name - siblings, last name, endings, everything. So, yes, I think it would be a good decision to eliminate [name]Anna[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], and [name]Emmeline[/name]. I would also eliminate [name]Eliza[/name], mostly because I don’t like names ending in A with your last name particularly well, but also because of your own “[name]Elijah[/name] fears.”

I chose [name]Ruby[/name] because [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name] was my great-grandmother’s name, and it was sweet and sassy while still being sophisticated and adult. Sleep on it. [name]Lucy[/name] I just really like with your sibling set, and it is a traditional classic! Does it sound young to you? Is that your objection to it? I definitely think it is elegant and classy, and it has the same sassy personality that [name]Audrey[/name] has - but it is easier to say, I’ll give you that. You could always do [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], but I think something like [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Harriet[/name], or [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Hazel[/name] would work better. It’s the vowel sounds again…

If you like [name]Abby[/name] more than [name]Abigail[/name], then maybe [name]Abigail[/name] isn’t for you. But it works very well with [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name] and it has a darling meaning. I don’t think [name]Abby[/name] alone works as well, though. [name]Tori[/name] ([name]Tory[/name] reminds me of the Tories) is a nice nickname, but with [name]Victoria[/name] you again run into the end vowel issue and it seems like a bit much next to the relatively simple [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name]. [name]Just[/name] my opinion!

So, does this mean you are eliminating [name]Audrey[/name]? Though I think it could be great, if the sound bothers you, that is a major problem. You’re going to be saying her name for the rest of your life! [name]Claire[/name] is still lovely, too.

I’m glad you are feeling better and more confident!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] CO,

I can relate to your having to give up on a fav name - nothing else seems to work as well as your favourite ! I had this dilemma with my son born last Sept. In fact my top three boys names were not really able to be used because they either clashed with our last name or were already used by close family or friends. We settled on [name]Joshua[/name], but i have to say even now after 4 months it sometimes doesn’t feel quite right to me! Everyone else though, thinks it suits him well, and regardless of what I think on occasion, he IS [name]Josh[/name] now (will never be [name]Tom[/name]!) and it is OK!
Your little girl will become her name. As other posters have commented, they are ALL beautiful names. I sense your desperation - but my suggestion is to try not to think about it for a few days (I know how hard that is when you have a constant reminder in the form of a squirmy belly baby!) When you come back to the topic after a break, things may become a bit clearer.
Good luck

Would you consider [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Claire[/name] with the nn [name]Eliza[/name]? Another option that allows you to use the classics you love as well as the fantastic and spunky [name]Eliza[/name]…just a thought!

[name]Just[/name] wanted to chime in again here after reading the rest of this thread.

To me it sounds like these should be your top three:

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name] - I actually think [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] sounds fine, as long as nobody speeds through the names, the a ending of [name]Eliza[/name] will not run into [name]Anderson[/name]. And, CO, it sounds like you really love this name. I also love the suggestion of [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] nn [name]Eliza[/name].

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - I love [name]Audrey[/name], and I love [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]. I know you are hesitating but reconsider, this is a lovely, lovely, name. It goes well with [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name], and your husband adores it. It also doesn’t have an obvious nickname which you seem to like. I think this is my favourite of the three :slight_smile:

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - It is simple, classic, has no obvious nickname, goes well with [name]Anderson[/name], as well as [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name]. This is a great choice too!

[name]Claire[/name] is so pretty! I think I would choose [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Anderson[/name].
Maybe you could have your husband call you all your favorite name choices. One day you could be [name]Claire[/name], another day you could be [name]Audrey[/name], another day [name]Eliza[/name], and so on. See which name you love the most when you guys say it all day.

Sat down with my husband tonight and made flash cards of all kinds of fn/mn combos, based on everyone’s feedback (including new names that have been mentioned as well). Husband didn’t like [name]Ruby[/name] :frowning: Reminded him of a cartoon our kids watch called [name]Max[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name]. I would have kept [name]Lucy[/name], but he wasn’t completely on board with this one.

So here were the flash cards left standing:

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] CO these are the ones on your list that I like the best

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Classic, ladylike. very sweet. I am a sucker for [name]Juliet[/name].

nn for [name]Claire[/name] I can’t think of one

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] Classic and yet modern. It has nice rhythm and flow.

nn for [name]Audrey[/name] is [name]Aud[/name]

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name] A very spunky name for a go ahead little lady.

nn for [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Liz[/name] and [name]Liza[/name]

I am not into nn’s very much but they are worth a thought.

If you want a modern classic then that would be [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]

If you want an up and coming popular name paired with a perennial favourite then it has to be [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

If you want a vintage name and a virtue name that gives off a very energetic vibe then it has to be [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name].

CO,

It sounds like she has a name, then! :wink:

Out of that new list, [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] are the best options. The end A of [name]Eliza[/name] doesn’t work as well with [name]Anderson[/name], and your best middle name is [name]Elizabeth[/name] - I prefer its flow with [name]Claire[/name] over [name]Juliet[/name], and [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] both have end-sound issues with [name]Anderson[/name], in my opinion. So, why do I say she has a name?

You’re heart isn’t set on [name]Audrey[/name]. You told me just today that you have a hard time with the way it sounds, and you will be saying this name an awful lot over the rest of your lifetime. Go with something that you love the sound of…

I think [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] will be her name!

Good luck. Sweet dreams!

My favorites are [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name], and [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name].

[name]Hi[/name] hon, I just ran across this post and just HAD to comment. First of all, naming girls IS really hard! I should know, I have 4 girls and each one got harder to name. I’m preggo w/ baby#5 and if it happens to be another girl I think I’ll just have to let my other girls name her-lol!! First of all, ALL the names on your list are GORGEOUS and we must have similiar tastes because they were on my lists too. I HAD to smile because we ended up naming our 4th daughter [name]JULIET[/name] [name]ELIZABETH[/name]!! It really worked for us and I’m sure whatever name you choose will be a perfect fit for your new beautiful baby girl! HUGS!!

If she was my baby I would name her [name]Juliet[/name], and I think that [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] has perfect flow.

PS Like [name]Jill[/name] posted below go with what makes you happy.

My favorites are: [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] (I love [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], too, but [name]Elizabeth[/name] gives you [name]Eliza[/name]), [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]/[name]Eliza[/name], and [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name].

I would personally never confuse [name]Eliza[/name] with [name]Elijah[/name], because the Z sound is pretty distinct. (I read the posts quickly, but I thought I read something about [name]Elijah[/name]…)

[name]Even[/name] though [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] may not have as smooth a flow as [name]Claire[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] or [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Anderson[/name], I still think it’s gorgeous![name]Eliza[/name] is one of my all-time favorites, and I wouldn’t be able to part with it, either! :slight_smile:

The bottom line, is that no matter what other people think or feel about your favorite names, you need to choose the one that makes you the happiest. I love all three of your favorite first names, and honestly don’t think you can go wrong! :slight_smile:

Have a great day! :slight_smile:

CO, your final choices with your husband are beautiful! Try saying them out loud, and writing them down with your last name to see how they sound and look. By the way, I think [name]Eliza[/name] with [name]Anderson[/name] sounds very pretty!

Thank you so much everyone.

One thing I may need help with… I know there’s a lot of readers who are very partial to [name]Elizabeth[/name]. As hard as it was for me to let [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] go, it may be time for some of the posters out there to let [name]Elizabeth[/name] go as a mn. I know it’s beautiful and it flows great and I have every reason to love it just as so many of you do. But it just doesn’t click with me. I feel so bad to say that, b/c I know it does sound very elegant. But just not it. example… Absolutely love [name]Eliza[/name], but names paired with [name]Elizabeth[/name] make me back away. [name]Even[/name] as beautiful as they sound. I’m so sorry to all of the [name]Elizabeth[/name] fans (including my husband :slight_smile: ). It’s funny that I really was starting to not like [name]Claire[/name], but once I paired it with something other than [name]Elizabeth[/name], it was like the name took on a new life - same with [name]Audrey[/name]. And maybe I just need to keep searching for mn’s if the pairings I picked aren’t fitting.

As for the ending ‘a’ sound, I agree that a ‘y’ may flow a little better. For some reason this isn’t a deal breaker yet for me to scratch a name off the list… maybe that’s b/c half my family right now has that ‘a’ ending :slight_smile: My name: [name]Sara[/name] My son’s name: [name]Noah[/name]. Probably a naming taboo, but guess I’m used to saying that sound within my own family :slight_smile:

Thanks again. Thank goodness baby girl is still giving us time to reflect and is waiting patiently to be born!

[name]Hi[/name], CO!

[name]Just[/name] wondering - would you consider something like [name]Claire[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]? [name]Felicity[/name] is unique yet still vintage, has a beautiful meaning, and adds a melodic, feminine sounds to the short but sweet [name]Claire[/name].

[name]Just[/name] a thought.

No need to apologize for not wanting to use [name]Elizabeth[/name]! You need to choose a name that makes you happy!

I think that [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is gorgeous, as are [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name], and [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name]!

I love your list! :slight_smile:

Take care!

No need to apologize for not wanting to use [name]Elizabeth[/name]! You need to choose a name that makes you happy!

I think that [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is gorgeous, as are [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name], and [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name]!

I love your list! :slight_smile:

Take care![/quote]

All of your names are so pretty! You can’t go wrong.

CO, no need to apologize–we all have our own taste in names, and whatever you choose will be the most beautiful, fitting name for your baby, and it will be all hers! Let us know what you decide. Kyemsma

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] is very pretty. Seems that you’re really not into the mn [name]Juliet[/name]… which surprises me… some previous thoughts of yours when I was early in the naming process… (by the way, you are so helpful to so many people! Thank you for all of the time you put into thinking about names)

Re: Nothing seems to go with ‘[name]Anderson[/name]’… Need First Name!
by lemon on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:47 am

What is your name style, or do you just want a collection of names?

[name]Aimee[/name] [name]Joie[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] ([name]Aimee[/name] is French for “beloved friend”)

[name]Bryony[/name] [name]Clare[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] Linore/[name]Louise[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Lacey[/name] [name]Rosette[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Jeanette[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Macy[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Melody[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]

Like any? Names ending in Y are good…

Other choices that would be good with [name]Anderson[/name] are those ending in a T sound, like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] or [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Anderson[/name], or N, such as [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] or [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]. [name]Just[/name] avoid names ending in A, as these will run into your last name…

So [name]Juliet[/name] popped up as an early fn suggestion. So is it the [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] combo then?

Still love [name]Eliza[/name]… :slight_smile: