Apparently, I spoke too soon...

I previously posted about having a boy finally after four girls, however it appears that my instincts were wrong. Ultrasound confirmed that baby girl #5 is on her way! So now, we need some help with choosing her name as we previously had only discussed boys” names. My daughters” names are:
[name]Hannah[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Nanette[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]

I am partial to old-fashioned names with using family names for the middle name. We would like to choose one that flows well with my older daughters. Currently, the names we have agreed on are:
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Norah[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]

Middle names are still up in the air, but I would like to honor my mother, [name]Marlene[/name], either with her exact name or a nice variation. Any and all comments and suggestions are welcome!

[name]Violet[/name] is my favorite girls’ name right now, but I think [name]Lucy[/name] would mesh better with your other daughters’ names. [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Marlene[/name] sounds cute!

I like your daughters’ names, and I think [name]Lucy[/name] goes really nicely with them. I like [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Marlena[/name] (either pr. [name]Mar[/name]-lay-na or [name]Mar[/name]-lee-na, either is pretty).

I love all your names you have chosen…

[name]Violet[/name] and [name]Norah[/name] are my favorites from your list…but whichever you chose will be lovely!
Congrats!

I really like [name]Emmeline[/name]!

Variations on [name]Marlene[/name]:
[name]Marlena[/name]
[name]Malina[/name]
[name]Magdalena[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Madelina[/name]
[name]Madelaine[/name]
[name]Maribel[/name]
[name]Marietta[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Marisol[/name]

[name]Marlene[/name] itself is a variant on the names [name]Mary[/name], [name]Magdalena[/name] and [name]Madeline[/name].

What about [name]Flora[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]? I like [name]Flora[/name] better than [name]Norah[/name].

Good luck!

I think you need to name her [name]Lucy[/name] because you like short names. It is a great choice and another poster likes [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Matilda[/name], you may too?

ooh oooh I love [name]Norah[/name]!

[name]Hannah[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Nanette[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]

i think [name]Violet[/name] sounds the best with them when you read them aloud together [name]Lucy[/name] is too short and [name]Norah[/name] works but i dont like it

I like all of your options. I probably like [name]Emmeline[/name] the best but it doesn’t really work with [name]Marlene[/name].
[name]Hannah[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Paige[/name], [name]Elsa[/name] and:
[name]Norah[/name] - too similar to [name]Hannah[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name] I think.
[name]Violet[/name] - really works with your girls imo. [name]Violet[/name] [name]Marlene[/name] is stunning.
[name]Lucy[/name] - I like [name]Lucy[/name] a lot. I think it goes with [name]Hannah[/name] well and strikes a balance between [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Paige[/name]. Is it too similar in sound to [name]Elsa[/name] (with the L and the SSS sounds). I like the suggestion of [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Marlena[/name]. If [name]Lucy[/name] stays on your list, I would practice saying [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name], [name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] over and over to make sure you don’t get them mixed up.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Marlene[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Marlena[/name] are my favorites.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Norah[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] or [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]?