April Baby (#4 😊)

[name_f]Baby[/name_f] R e n w i c k W i l l i a m was born on [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], [name_f]April[/name_f] 24 at 1:59 a.m.

[name_f]Papa[/name_f] likes to call him R e n for short, I prefer
W i c k (symbolic of “light shining before men”).

R e n w i c k was papa’s top choice for a boy (a name I had happily introduced him to years ago.) To me, the name (which is listed as meaning either “raven village/settlement” or “roe village/settlement”) is a reminder of my great Creator’s providence.

The raven association brings to my mind the account of [name_m]God[/name_m] sending the birds to bring nourishment to the prophet [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] while he was in hiding. It is also a reminder of the verses indicating that He cares for all of His creation, even the most common sparrow or raven. During the birth of my boy, [name_m]God[/name_m] provided answers to my prayers and brought me out of my distress.

I also appreciate the “roe” meaning in connection with the verses below (and verse 28 in [name_m]Psalm[/name_m] 18 in connection with the candle wick association!)

Summary

[name_m]Psalm[/name_m] 42:1-2

1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O [name_m]God[/name_m].

2 [name_f]My[/name_f] soul thirsteth for [name_m]God[/name_m], for the living [name_m]God[/name_m]

[name_m]Psalm[/name_m] 18:25-35

25With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright;

26With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward.

27For thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks.

28For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my [name_m]God[/name_m] will enlighten my darkness.

29For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my [name_m]God[/name_m] have I leaped over a wall.

30As for [name_m]God[/name_m], his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

31For who is [name_m]God[/name_m] save the LORD? or who is a rock save our [name_m]God[/name_m]?

32It is [name_m]God[/name_m] that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.

33He maketh my feet like hinds’ feet, and setteth me upon my high places.

34He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.

35Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.

For me, his birth (written about below) was a profound reflection of the meaning behind his name.

Summary

At the beginning of R e n w i c k ‘ s delivery, I was extremely fearful and anxious (the most I have ever been). I strongly prefer to have “natural” births because of the many benefits I believe it imparts to both mother and baby. However, the exhaustion of all-night labor coupled with the excruciating pain has been overwhelming to me every time. The final stage of my last delivery with my daughter was almost unbearable to me—I was altogether disheartened and did not feel the will to go on by pushing time. I don’t feel like I would still be here today if my midwife hadn’t assisted in pulling my baby’s head out.

Going into labor this time with so much fear and anxiety, I was strongly weighing the option for an epidural out in my mind. But I kept coming back to this—if I had prayed for strength, endurance and rest and did not trust in [name_m]God[/name_m] to provide them for me and protect me throughout the ordeal, where was my faith? Such verses as “For whatever is not of faith is sin” and “For [name_m]God[/name_m] hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind,” were brought to my remembrance. “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7and the peace of [name_m]God[/name_m], which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through [name_m]Christ[/name_m] Jesus,” and 16”Rejoice always, 17pray continually, 18give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in [name_m]Christ[/name_m] Jesus,” had the greatest impact on me though.

To be anxious for nothing and instead trust in the [name_m]Lord[/name_m] [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] [name_m]Christ[/name_m] and [name_m]God[/name_m] the Father to provide for and protect me is something I have strongly rejoiced in before and had been struggling to continue walking in for some time now. [name_m]George[/name_m] Müller’s story had greatly driven me to put this verse into practice and I had seen the rewards it garnished a person with who submitted to those words in faith. I wanted to get back to that trust and willful abandon to God’s loving control over my life, instead of my fearful and anxious mind leading my thoughts and actions more and more. So, as I lay in the hospital bed at 4 cm dilated, I prayed one more prayer to redirect my heart towards Him. Not only did I pray for strength, endurance and rest, but peace and great joy as well. I laid down and in between contractions my mind and body rested as if half asleep. At around midnight I reached 6 cm and was feeling refreshed and confident that [name_m]God[/name_m] would provide. I fully resolved to place my trust in Him throughout the delivery.

I laid back down to rest in between contractions and when each new contraction came I embraced it, gave thanks to [name_m]God[/name_m] that it was bringing me closer to meeting my new baby and prayed that it would be strong and effective. I thanked Him for many other things (including His Son).

The birth progressed rapidly and by the time I was completely dilated, I was still feeling calm, confident in [name_m]Christ[/name_m] and at peace even throughout the pain. Besides my steady deep breathing, I was completely silent throughout the final stage of the delivery up until the very last push.

At 1:59 a.m. after 13 minutes of pushing, my baby boy was born. I was so grateful, at peace and overjoyed. I felt wide awake and alert, not exhausted and falling apart. I felt so very strong through my faith (not apart from it). I didn’t get a second girl as I’d hoped for, but I got another beautiful boy and got to experience more of the rewards of faith and the richness of faith increasing.

W i l l i a m was my choice. In my eyes, it highlighted my Creator’s role as Great Protector, and has connections to multiple figures I appreciate for reasons listed below.

Summary

[name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Wallace[/name_m] as portrayed in the Braveheart film—a childhood hero. The man I saw in the film gave me a glimpse of bravery, resolute protection, and God’s justice. He was flawed, as all people are, but in his character I saw virtues that helped stir up in me a hunger for godliness and desire to pursue truth. I hope my son will come to faith in [name_m]Christ[/name_m], be bold and brave in Him, be a strong leader and protector, and “love mercy, walk humbly and do justly.”

[name_m]William[/name_m] Shakespeare—I admire his skill at capturing and conveying the spectrum of human emotions and conditions and his ability to put the inner workings of the heart, mind and soul on display in a masterful way. I hope my son is determined to apply himself towards mastery of any good work he sets his hands and mind to.

[name_m]William[/name_m] Tyndale—A great example of bravery, strength and faith in [name_m]Christ[/name_m]. I hope my son will be bold in carrying out God’s will for him—to love as He loves and be holy as He is holy.

[name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Adolphe[/name_m] Bouguereau—Painter of “The [name_m]Young[/name_m] Shepherdess,” a work that is dear to me (my profile picture) as it reminds me of my mother shepherding her young flock as in her walk with [name_m]Christ[/name_m]. The painting was a work that my father thought she mirrored. As a young child under her loving care, I believe she not only reflected the modest beauty of the young woman but also the spirit of the gentle shepherdess watching over her little flock. I hope my son will appreciate this connection and benefit from his relationship with her as I have.

Sweet William—Flower that is symbolic of love, grace, bravery, admiration, and the softer, gentle side of a man that beautifully completes the rougher, rigid, strong-as-iron warrior that men are capable of being. A lovely balance of masculine strength and masculine meekness and beauty. I hope my son learns to be strong and simultaneously gentle, meek and kind.

We are all very grateful for our little Wicki (as big sis has nicknamed him.) :blush:

46 Likes

Congratulations!!! R e n w i c k is so cool, I have never heard it before!

1 Like

Such a cool and lovely name, how darling!! Wishing you and your family lots of health and happiness :green_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! Your baby boy has an absolutely stunning name.

1 Like

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] name, beautiful story, beautiful faith!

1 Like

Congratulations! (deleted for privacy) is a wonderful name. I love the meaning and thought behind it. God is so faithful.

1 Like

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy 🩵

Your little boy’s name is delightful. I love how much meaning the name has for you, warrior mama, be proud of your accomplishment of achieving the birth you wanted as well.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and enjoy all the newborn snuggles!

1 Like

Congratulations! You chose a beautiful name for him.

1 Like

Wow! I’ve never heard R e n w i c k before but I really like it!! And I love all the thought that went into his name. Congratulations. :heartpulse:

1 Like

So much meaning and love is packed into his name, I adore it and your inspirations! [name_m]Welcome[/name_m] to him and congratulations!

1 Like

Such a dashing name, and I love the nicknames and all the personal meaning it holds for you. Congratulations! :lotus: :candle:

1 Like

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story as well as his name. [name_m]God[/name_m] is good!

1 Like