April in November

It is nearly one am and I can’t sleep, I thought I post here and ask some views.

Before our baby was born we had a hundred names but could not decide which one, [name_f]Katrina[/name_f], kirsty, [name_f]Cathy[/name_f], [name_f]Danielle[/name_f], [name_f]April[/name_f], [name_f]Vicky[/name_f] was among the many names we agreed we liked, put them in a bag and [name_f]April[/name_f] came out of the draw.

Thing is now she is here I wonder if it is OK to call her [name_f]April[/name_f], if she was born in [name_u]November[/name_u]. What do you all think of [name_u]November[/name_u] as a name, or [name_u]January[/name_u] or [name_f]February[/name_f]. I think the name [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] would be cool, the day she arrived although I prefer [name_f]Sunday[/name_f].

I will stop babbling now, you all probably think I am mad, but I have been checked and I am safe, so they say😨

[name_f]Avril[/name_f] Lavigne was born in [name_f]September[/name_f]… I believe [name_f]Avril[/name_f] is less obvious than [name_f]April[/name_f], but that’s me.

I personally prefer [name_u]January[/name_u], but [name_u]November[/name_u] is nice too. I love the nns Nove and [name_f]Nova[/name_f]. [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] is kinda cute (I have a crush on [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], because of [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] [name_m]Adams[/name_m] :D).

[name_f]Katrina[/name_f] - [name_f]Catalina[/name_f], [name_f]Catarina[/name_f], [name_f]Catrin[/name_f], [name_f]Katherina[/name_f], [name_f]Katia[/name_f]
[name_f]Kirsty[/name_f] - [name_f]Krystal[/name_f]
[name_f]Cathy[/name_f] - [name_f]Kat[/name_f]
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] - [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f], [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f], [name_f]Marisol[/name_f], [name_f]Jeremine[/name_f]
[name_f]April[/name_f] - [name_f]Avril[/name_f]
[name_f]Vicky[/name_f] - [name_f]Victoire[/name_f], Wiktoria, [name_f]Victoriana[/name_f], [name_f]Vicenza[/name_f], [name_f]Victorine[/name_f]
[name_u]November[/name_u] - [name_f]Nova[/name_f], Nove, [name_f]Nona[/name_f]
[name_u]January[/name_u] - [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Prima[/name_f], [name_f]Una[/name_f], [name_f]Oona[/name_f]
[name_f]February[/name_f] - [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] - [name_f]Sue[/name_f], [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f], [name_u]True[/name_u], [name_u]Truth[/name_u], [name_f]Tula[/name_f], [name_f]Tulip[/name_f]/ Tulipa, [name_f]Tulia[/name_f], [name_f]Tuliana[/name_f], [name_f]Turquoise[/name_f] / Turquesa
[name_f]Sunday[/name_f] - [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f], [name_f]Soleil[/name_f], [name_f]Sun[/name_f], [name_f]Astra[/name_f], [name_f]Aster[/name_f], [name_f]Astrea[/name_f]

I think naming a child [name_f]April[/name_f] when they’re born in [name_u]November[/name_u] is completely okay. I mean, one of my favourite names is [name_u]August[/name_u], and I actually feel that should my child be born in [name_u]August[/name_u], that that might actually put me off using the name, so the opposite problem, I suppose.

[name_f]April[/name_f] is a lovely name. I think that [name_f]April[/name_f] as a name is freer to use than say [name_u]November[/name_u] or [name_u]January[/name_u] as it has been used and recognised as a name for quite a long time (similar to the likes of [name_f]May[/name_f] or [name_u]June[/name_u], though not as far back in history - I think [name_f]April[/name_f] started coming into greater use in the 1940/50’s).

Personally, I like many month names ([name_u]November[/name_u] & [name_u]January[/name_u] included), and while I like [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] & [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], I can’t say I’m as keen on [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] as a name.

Thanks!

I forgot to include a name I never heard used but I like it a lot and that is Cola, thoughts?

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the name [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], why had I not thought of it before?

I think it’s actually better to use [name_f]April[/name_f] for a child not born in [name_f]April[/name_f]. Otherwise it might be a bit cheesy. [name_u]November[/name_u]'s ok (mainly for nn [name_f]Nova[/name_f]) but all the other month/day names you’ve suggested are a bit weird for me I’m afraid :-?

I’m not keen on Cola ether, I’m sorry. I think your daughter would have to put up with “Coca Cola” comments for her whole life. [name_m]HOw[/name_m] about [name_f]Nola[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Cora[/name_f] or [name_f]Cara[/name_f] for a similar sound without the teasing potential?

That said, I think [name_f]April[/name_f] is a lovely name and is fine to use for a [name_u]November[/name_u]-born baby. It’s my favourite of the names you had to choose from for your daughter and I think you’re lucky it came out of the bag :slight_smile:

I think it’s more weird to use a month name in the same month the child was born.

Naming a child [name_f]April[/name_f] who was born in [name_u]November[/name_u] is perfectly normal. I dislike [name_f]September[/name_f], [name_f]October[/name_f], [name_u]November[/name_u], and [name_u]December[/name_u] as names because they just mean seventh, eighth, ninth, and tenth month, unlike months like [name_u]January[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u], and [name_f]April[/name_f], which were named after [name_m]Roman[/name_m] gods or other words.

As for day of the week names, I dislike all of them.

I think some month/day names work better than others. [name_f]April[/name_f], [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u], and [name_u]November[/name_u] sound lovely and seem to work perfectly as names. I would hardly call a baby [name_f]September[/name_f] or [name_u]July[/name_u] though (if you get my drift). [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] is gorgeous, but I feel it is the only day of the week that can be used as a name well. The others seems clunky somehow.

I love [name_f]April[/name_f], it’s very sweet. I think it’s totally fine to use :slight_smile: