Arabella and Wallace

I was a little afraid of putting these on the table at first, but here they are, a couple of my longtime favorites. I have an annoying tendency to love long and frilly girl names and [name]Arabella[/name] fits the bill. It sounds so soft and is really a more unique take on the ever-popular [name]Isabella[/name]. And I do love [name]Wallace[/name], it’s so quirky and the nn [name]Wally[/name] is quite charming and offbeat imo (everyone complains it sounds old-mannish, but I think it’s ready for revival).

Opinions, anyone?

When I saw the title, I immediately thought that these names are perfect together! [name]Wallace[/name] is a name that I like but rarely see being used. [name]Arabella[/name] is a great alternative to [name]Isabella[/name]. Really nice choices.

I honestly like these names, especially [name]Arabella[/name]! [name]Wallace[/name] is a bit clunky, but still wearable [name]IMO[/name].

[name]Arabella[/name] is my favourite girl’s name, I love how princessy it is…

I’m not keen on [name]Wallace[/name] at all, I automatically think of Gromit and I just think it sounds too old man but not in a cool, vintage way.

I think [name]Arabella[/name] is awesome! Super girly without being saccharine.

I like [name]Wallace[/name] too. I think it is due for a comeback. Someone has to start the revival! And I’ve loved [name]Wally[/name] ever since seeing [name]Wall[/name]-E. Too cute!

[name]Arabella[/name] and [name]Wallace[/name] are both great names! I like [name]Wallace[/name] as a way to honor [name]William[/name] [name]Wallace[/name] too.

[name]Arabella[/name] is nms, but I can see the appeal. It’s sweet, charming old-fashioned vibe to it. [name]Wallace[/name] has been on my list forever and think it’s definitely ready for revival.

I saw the title to this thread and immediately thought “ADORABLE!” I think it is a lovely combination. Neither of the names are unfamiliar but not run-of-the-mill either.

I love, love [name]Arabella[/name]. I can imagine a gorgeous girl with the prettiest of dresses and long flowing hair and the best personality owning this name. I call it a look at me name because I absolutely think it is a name for an extrovert.

[name]Wallace[/name] I wasn’t sure if you meant it for a boy or not. I see that you do. I love the nn of [name]Wally[/name] but not keen in first name position using [name]Wallace[/name], okay in the middle.

To go with a sister named [name]Arabella[/name] I think a brother named [name]Quentin[/name], [name]Tristan[/name], [name]Tarquin[/name], [name]Oscar[/name], [name]Edwin[/name] or something sultry like [name]Heathcliff[/name] would be nice, something a little [name]OTT[/name] like [name]Arabella[/name].

At first I thought [name]Wallace[/name] was for a girl and I was like “oh He!! no!” but after realizing it’s for a boy, it’s really cute! I love what I call “grumpy old man” names, their my favorite.

[name]Arabella[/name] is beautiful.

I didn’t think I would like [name]Wallace[/name], but now I keep saying it and I’m really digging it! I love [name]Arabella[/name] for just about the same reason as you do. Great choices!

I like both :slight_smile:

I love [name]Arabella[/name] and [name]Wallace[/name]! I think they go really well together.

Not my style on either name.

[name]Arabella[/name] is pretty, and I love, love [name]Wallace[/name]. I’m not sure how well matched they are. I see [name]Arabella[/name] as sort of ethereal (think aria and arabesque), whereas [name]Wallace[/name] is more grounded.

[name_f]Love[/name_f] the name [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]. [name_f]Love[/name_f] the name [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] for a boy. [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] is too masculine for a girl. [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] is a strong, dignified, even sexy name for a boy. Goes great with sibling names like [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], Allacyn, [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m], and many others.

Many old names sound old mannish when introduced to a new generation. Names like [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], were all old sounding names at one time. Now there are too many! Same for names like [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], were all names our great grandmothers had as classmates. I love both names…[name_f]Arabella[/name_f] and [name_u]Wallace[/name_u]. I also like [name_m]Ace[/name_m] for a [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] nn. [name_m]Both[/name_m] names have a romantic flair, while strong, and unique!

When I saw the post heading, I was smitten! [name_u]Wally[/name_u] is definitely the sort of old-man name that is getting used on little ones these days. I think [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] is rather stately, and would go so well with a beautifully named sister [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]. [name_m]Both[/name_m] sound very English :slight_smile:

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: As with the above poster, [name_m]Ace[/name_m] is a great nickname to offer him if he feels like [name_u]Wally[/name_u] is too nerdy, haha

If my next child is a boy, I will be naming him [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] after my father. I think it is a great name! [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] isn’t my taste, but it has a nice sound to it. I think you have chosen two great names. Congrats.