Arabella or Elliot (for baby 9)????

OK back to the drawing board for sweet baby. [name]Chloe[/name] or [name]Luke[/name], just didn’t make the cut. A reminder, our other children’s names are: [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Jonah[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Levi[/name], [name]Isaiah[/name], and [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name].

[name]How[/name] would [name]Arabella[/name] fit with the girls? What about [name]Elliot[/name] if baby is a boy? I like biblical names, and from what I have read [name]Elliot[/name] is a variation of [name]Elijah[/name]?? Does anyone know if that is the case??

middle name suggestions would be great, so far I have [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Faith[/name], [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Giovanna[/name]???

[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Giovanni[/name]??? [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]???

[name]Giovanni[/name] is DH’s name and I would love to incorporate one way or another in into the boy or girls name if possible.
Thanks for the help!!

Wow, great names! I opened the thread thinking you were considering naming your baby girl either [name]Arabella[/name] or [name]Elliot[/name], and I was praying, “Please let it be [name]Arabella[/name]! Please let it be [name]Arabelle[/name]!” But as the [name]Elliot[/name] is for a boy! Well-- that makes either name perfect.
This site does say [name]Elliot[/name] is a version of [name]Elijah[/name], and puts the name in that perfect balance between too popular and too weird. I like [name]Elijah[/name] just a tad better, but that is just me. If [name]Elliot[/name] is your choice, sweet! These names work well with your other children’s name, and you have enviably good taste in names altogether.

So congratualions! (And I am personally hoping for a girl because I like [name]Arabella[/name] so much!)

Thank you, you are very kind. I do love [name]Arabella[/name]…
Yes, I like [name]Elijah[/name] better too, but i think [name]Eli[/name] sounds to close to [name]Levi[/name] (our son), so I was thinkng of something a little different. Plus not sure of the ring of [name]Elijah[/name] [name]Giovanni[/name]. Quite frankly to me [name]Giovanni[/name] is hard to work with, but I really, really would love to use it in honor of my hubby… he is really fabulous! =0)

yoohooo… [name]Lemon[/name], where are you, would love your input =0) . Anyone else’s as well!!!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Arabella[/name]! [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] or [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Faith[/name] both sound so beautiful! And [name]Elliot[/name] is a great boy name, as well! :slight_smile: Congrats on your expanding family!!!

I love [name]Elliot[/name] with your other children! I agree [name]Eli[/name] is close to [name]Levi[/name], and it’s nice to have the ending different from [name]Jonah[/name] and [name]Isaiah[/name]. Although [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Giovanni[/name] maybe isn’t absolutely perfect, there is nothing bad about it and I’m sure your DH - and baby [name]Elliot[/name] - would love it.

[name]Arabella[/name] is a little frilly for me personally, but I really like how it fits with the other girls. [name]Arabella[/name] is so much name (in a good way!) that it doesn’t seem to jar with the double names at all.

In case you’re not set on [name]Arabella[/name]:
[name]Giovanna[/name] nn [name]Gia[/name]?
[name]Julianna[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]

Good luck!

Whoops, sorry! I missed this one!

I love [name]Arabella[/name]! I think it is so great, and it does really work well with [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name], and [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]. Cute! Wait, did I get all of your girls’ names right? Aw, I’m sorry if I didn’t…

Anyway, [name]Arabella[/name] is a lot longer than your other name choices, since you did sort of have a two-syllable thing going on, at least with first-first name (before the hyphen, that is), but it works. Forgot how long your last name is, but was it three syllables? [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Faith[/name] would be darling. [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] is my favorite, but it is very long. As for [name]Giovanni[/name], what about splitting it up and using something like [name]Gia[/name] or [name]Vanna[/name]? Those could be middle names or even first names! [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Giana[/name]? Hm. [name]Gia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]? She could be [name]Gigi[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t love the flow - [name]Gia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Emmanuelle[/name]? [name]Emmanuelle[/name] means “God is with us.” Anyway, something to consider…

[name]Elliot[/name] is so handsome, and I think it would work so well with your kids’ names. It isn’t directly Biblical like [name]Jonah[/name], [name]Levi[/name], and [name]Isaiah[/name], though - does that bug you? It doesn’t really bug me, honestly. I think [name]Elliot[/name] fits very well! And it is a variant of [name]Elijah[/name], so you have that Biblical connection. Middle names? [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Giovanni[/name] would be great, and I love [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] as well! [name]Giovanni[/name] is a variant of [name]John[/name], and I don’t know if you’ve used [name]John[/name] for one of your older boy’s middle names, but [name]Elliot[/name] [name]John[/name] and [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] would be great, too.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: