Archer, Roman, or....?

My OH and I just had our appointment revealing the gender, team blue!! :slight_smile: which works because we’ve had a REALLY hard time agreeing on any girls names!! Still haven’t. Anyway. I thought we were set on [name]Archer[/name] [name]Cole[/name] to be our sons name, though we had [name]Roman[/name] [name]Connor[/name] as another we loved. I started calling [name]Little[/name] Mister by [name]Archer[/name] and he said not to start so early cause he’s not sure. I’m pretty set on [name]Archer[/name] even though the general crowd seems to not love it. My family’s “alright” with it, no name hating, but they clearly don’t love it.

I had a few others on my list, [name]Graham[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] / [name]Graham[/name] [name]Wilson[/name], [name]Finn[/name]… nothing else so far. Previously OH mentioned loving [name]Jason[/name] but I’m not sold. I love old fashioned, he loves more modern. I loved [name]Archer[/name] and [name]Roman[/name] because they have the modern, masculine feel OH loves and they aren’t popular (which I love!). I’m avoiding the top 100, at least for the first name. I am opened to reusing middle names from names above and such.

I’d love suggestions though!! :slight_smile: Anything out of the top 100 is good with me :wink: if you could match styles that’d be splendid but not necessary! I’ve been searching the SSA lists but they’re so extensive it gives a bit of a headache :frowning:

Between [name]Archer[/name] and [name]Roman[/name] I would pick [name]Roman[/name]. It’s much more classy and strong by far and also less trendy. [name]Roman[/name] [name]Connor[/name] is fine but I advice to find another middle name since both names end in -n in the combo as you have it. [name]How[/name] do you feel about [name]Roman[/name] [name]Cole[/name]?
Some related ideas:
[name]Anton[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name] - it’s an ancient name but seems to be having its second heyday now
[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Balthazar[/name]
[name]Caspian[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Desmond[/name]
[name]Emmet[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jarvis[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Lucian[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Parker[/name]
[name]Percy[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Seamus[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Wilhelm[/name]
Zaharia

I’m biased, but my vote is for [name]Roman[/name].

Yeah, [name]Roman[/name] seem’s to be more popular among everyone I know. Most prefer [name]Roman[/name], but I’m not loving it as much as [name]Archer[/name] for whatever reason. [name]Roman[/name] [name]Cole[/name]'s alright, I do like it <3

I like these of your suggestions!
Cassius
Hugo
Lennox
Lucian
Percy
Theodore
Vincent

Vincent is a family name, I think it’d be a wonderful middle name option! I don’t think my OH would like Hugo, Percy, or Theodore as I do but I love them. I LOVE Cassius and Lennox though!! I’ll have to ask him :slight_smile: Thank you so much!

I will cast another vote for [name]Roman[/name]. The only thing I want to mention is that I know of 3 Romans born in the last year and a half in my circle of friends. It’s without a doubt a very handsome name, but it’s definitely on the popularity upswing.

I am surprised by the reaction so far - I much prefer [name]Archer[/name]! [name]Archer[/name] [name]Cole[/name] is a very handsome combination. I actually don’t care for [name]Roman[/name]. I like [name]Graham[/name] (with either mn), but not as much as [name]Archer[/name]. [name]Wilson[/name] [name]Cole[/name] would also be nice.

I also prefer [name]Archer[/name] to [name]Roman[/name]. They’re both definitely on trend right now but [name]Archer[/name] feels fresher to me.

I would also echo the pp’s suggestions of [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Atticus[/name]. I also love [name]Theodore[/name] and I think [name]Vincent[/name] makes a very handsome middle name.

I much prefer [name]Archer[/name] than [name]Roman[/name]. Only because I love Archer Cole! I think the combo sounds stunning and handsome. So [name]Archer[/name] has my vote!

[name]Archer[/name] and [name]Roman[/name] are both fantastic choices. My favorite is [name]Archer[/name]. Here are a few more suggestions:

Cool, unique, occupational names a la [name]Archer[/name]:

[name]Baxter[/name]
[name]Falkner[/name]
[name]Fletcher[/name]
[name]Granger[/name]
[name]Hunter[/name]
[name]Mercer[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Sayer[/name]
[name]Slater[/name]
[name]Smith[/name]
[name]Tolliver[/name]

Cool, [name]Unique[/name], Latin names a la [name]Roman[/name]:

[name]Ace[/name]
[name]Alben[/name]
[name]Alto[/name]
[name]Ambrose[/name]
[name]Amadeus[/name]
[name]Amias[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Caesar[/name]
[name]Caio[/name]
[name]Calix[/name]
[name]Caius[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Cassiel[/name]
[name]Cassian[/name]
[name]Crispin[/name]
[name]Dante[/name]
[name]Emil[/name]
[name]Florian[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Garner[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Jules[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Lucian[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Octavian[/name]
[name]Pax[/name]
[name]Peregrine[/name]
[name]Quade[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Remo[/name]
[name]Terrence[/name]
[name]Valentine[/name]
[name]Vesper[/name]

I adore [name]Archer[/name]! Yes, it has had that sudden burst of popularity we call “trendy,” but some names so deserve it – [name]Archer[/name] is one. It seems to me fresh yet Victorian, outdoorsy yet gentlemanly – you could use it in the American west or a British drawing room. And frankly, it sounds as though [name]Roman[/name] is as trendy, to be honest.

I like [name]Archer[/name] [name]Cole[/name] and hope you can get your husband on board.

But not to be rude, but what is an OH? Old husband? Other husband? I have just never seen that one.

i love archer and am considering it for our baby, that i’m fairly certain is a boy, this december, being that the symbol for sagitarrius is the archer! trying to get hubs on board, as well.

OH = other half :stuck_out_tongue:

I like [name]Archer[/name] and [name]Roman[/name]. I prefer [name]Archer[/name] and like the nn [name]Archie[/name]. I wish I could use it. LOL

I just love [name]Archer[/name]! I think it’s “on trend” as others have said, but it was ranked #404 in boy’s names last year (SSA), so it’s certainly not common. [name]Graham[/name] is also on my list of boys names I love. Also really into names some of the other posters said ([name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Hugo[/name]).

What about [name]Davis[/name], [name]Hawthorne[/name], [name]Thatcher[/name], [name]Harvey[/name]? ([name]Harvey[/name] might be a stretch for your taste, but nn [name]Archie[/name] reminds me of the wholesome, retro feel of [name]Harvey[/name].)