Are Adeline and Eleni too similar?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there! Was wondering if anyone could help me.

I am pregnant with my 2nd daughter and myself and husband have fallen in live with the name [name_f]Eleni[/name_f]. Our oldest is called [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] and although I think they sound different I’m concerned that maybe the ‘l’ ‘n’ and ‘i’ in both is just a bit too similar.

Wanted to know what other people’s opinions were?

Thanks! Xx

They do have those letters in common but I find them different. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] feels more vintage and fresh whereas [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] is cool and chic in vibe. They have different origins and meanings.

They have similar letters but they have a completely different vibe, origin and sound so I think they work

I also think it works! The names are distinctive enough so they wouldn’t mishear their names.
Would you use nicknames?

I agree with PPs, while they have letters in common, they’re distinct enough names that I don’t think they’re too close. I adore [name_f]Eleni[/name_f], and I think [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] is a stunning sibset! Congrats!

I think even though they have shared letters, the pronunciation varies. The I in [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is not the same sound as the I in [name_f]Eleni[/name_f]. I think they’re different enough to work as siblings.

Yeah our daughter gets called [name_f]Addie[/name_f] and we like [name_m]Lenny[/name_m] as a nickname. I know that won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but we like it.

I actually love [name_m]Lenny[/name_m]! It’s very cute.
Plus since they’ll go by nicknames a lot it won’t even matter if the full names are a bit similar