Are any of these keepers?

My girls list is miserably small, and I’ve been batting around some possible additions. What do you think of these?

[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Joanna[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Magdalen[/name]
[name]Millie[/name] (no longer name)
[name]Pearl[/name]

I love [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name], and I like [name]Isla[/name], [name]Joanna[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] as well. I’m not a fan of [name]Magdalen[/name] - the religious connotation isn’t for me, although it’s fine if you’re a religious person. [name]Millie[/name] should be a nickname, in my opinion, but it’s fine.

[i]I adore [name]Iris[/name], [name]Magdalen[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name]!
I like [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Joanna[/name].
I like [name]Millie[/name] as a nickname, I just can’t see a thirty or so year old woman named [name]Millie[/name].

Good luck! :)[/i]

Personally I would go with either [name]Iris[/name] or [name]Isla[/name]

I like [name]Josephine[/name]. I also like [name]Magdalen[/name] but I prefer the spelling [name]Magdalene[/name].
[name]Love[/name] [name]Millie[/name], it sounds very laid back and warm, but also sounds very nicknamey. So I prefer it as a nickname for [name]Romilly[/name].
[name]Pearl[/name] is a name I’d love to see more on a young girl. I like it a lot.

[name]Iris[/name] - striking, beautiful, natural, a bit earthy, sweet, strong. It’s a bit too strong for me to use as a FN, personally, but I love it as a MN. Either way, I think it’s a great option for anyone.

[name]Isla[/name] - pretty and I do really love it, but I’m starting to feel that it’s a bit overrated… I suppose I just don’t see the appeal like everyone else does.

[name]Joanna[/name] - I really like it, but I prefer [name]Johanna[/name], personally–it’s less dated, imo, and has a bit of a European spark.

[name]Josephine[/name] - love it! It’s a huge consideration for my own list, with the nn [name]Posey[/name]. I think it works really well with your other favorites, too.

[name]Magdalen[/name] - I absolutely love [name]Magda[/name] names–[name]Magda[/name] is likely going to be on my own top ten and I still really like the more Latinate [name]Magdalena[/name]. [name]Magdalen[/name] is pretty, and I like the sound, but it looks like it’s missing something to me. I think I prefer [name]Magda[/name], [name]Magdalena[/name], [name]Magdala[/name], and even [name]Magdalene[/name]/[name]Magdaline[/name] personally.

[name]Millie[/name] - [name]Millie[/name] is cute, but it feels too nicknamey for me. I’m torn about it… it’s my great-aunt’s name, and she’s amazing, but it does make it feel dated for me. It was also the name of one of my best friends before she passed away (well, short for Amélie), so that holds even more good associations, but also sad ones… I used to really like it but after [name]Millie[/name]'s passing it’s sort of lost some of it’s luster for me. I prefer something like [name]Amelia[/name]/[name]Emilia[/name], [name]Romilly[/name], [name]Camille[/name], [name]Miller[/name], etc., nn [name]Millie[/name].

[name]Pearl[/name] - I like it–it’s a MN on my own list–but I have trouble imagining it as a FN. It seems a bit untouchable, and still a bit too old-fashioned. I do like it a lot, though.

[name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] are my favorites!

Good luck!

I love [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Magdalen[/name], but I would [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name] :slight_smile:

I adore [name]Iris[/name], so so much! I also really like [name]Magdalen[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], & [name]Isla[/name]. I’m always on the fence about [name]Pearl[/name], I think it’s one of those names I wouldn’t personally use but I would love to meet one! I’m not a fan of [name]Joanna[/name] & [name]Millie[/name].

I like these but I am on the fence with [name]Josephine[/name]

[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Joanna[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Magdalen[/name]

Iris-pretty
Isla-pretty though until recently I thought it was pronounced es-la which I still much prefer
Joanna-okay
Josephine-love
Magdalen-don’t care for
Millie (no longer name)-I’m in the minority opinion that you don’t need a formal name and a nickname, just put what your going to call `em on the birth certificate, I love Millie (most people will tell you she “needs” a more formal name as Millie is a nn though, I’m really in the minority with my opinion on this topic)
Pearl-very nice

My only suggestion is Isis. Similar ring to Iris.

My favorite from your list is [name]Millie[/name]. I love it as a full name!

[name]Iris[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] are keepers!!

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]

[name]Iris[/name] - love this, sophisticated.
[name]Isla[/name] - my cousin just had a baby called [name]Isla[/name]. Her grandparents call her “[name]Issy[/name]” which I think is an awful corruption!
[name]Joanna[/name] - old skool! The more I look at it, the more I like it.
[name]Josephine[/name] - not the biggest fan
[name]Magdalen[/name] - OK. The [name]Oxford[/name] college spelled the same way is pronounced “[name]Maudlin[/name]” so there might be issues with clever clogs.
[name]Millie[/name] - I love [name]Millie[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t think it has to be a nickname but could be one for [name]Camilla[/name], [name]Emily[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] or Romily as suggested by minorbeatrice
[name]Pearl[/name] - kinda old-ladyish

[name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] are my favorites. [name]Pearl[/name] is sweet too.

I like [name]Iris[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], and [name]Pearl[/name] a lot:) I also like [name]Millie[/name] very much but pref. as a nn, which is kind of strange since one of my top ten is [name]Molly[/name]:smiley: So I think using [name]Millie[/name] on it’s own would be just fine.

Thanks everyone! I’m definitely keeping [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Iris[/name]. And probably [name]Magdalene[/name], though I do agree about the spelling. I much prefer it with an E on the end. Still considering the others.

That’s a good suggestion. I’ve been thinking about [name]Isis[/name]. I have good associations with the name, because of the [name]Bob[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] song “[name]Isis[/name].”

[name]Iris[/name] - I love [name]Iris[/name]! I think it’s mature and adorable at the same time. For sound I prefer [name]Isis[/name], but I like how this looks and means better.
[name]Isla[/name] - I don’t like this, and it feels like a name that everyone has been considering, but no one has gone with recently. I don’t know if that’s good or bad.
[name]Joanna[/name] - A little plain in a southern way. [name]Just[/name] nms, I suppose.
[name]Josephine[/name] - [name]Just[/name] a classier version of the above.
[name]Magdalen[/name] - I’m not even a fan of the hard guh sound.
[name]Millie[/name] - I think this is adorable! It’s classy as far as nn names go, and I think it can do fine on its own.
[name]Pearl[/name] - Too clunky for my taste, and I dislike pearls.

I would keep: [name]Iris[/name] & [name]Millie[/name]

I like [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Iris[/name]. The rest are okay.

[name]Joanna[/name] is my favorite from your list!