Are Clara and Sierra too close for sisters?

Title says it all.

I don’t think so. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] might be a little similar, but these are totally OK.

1 Like

I don’t think so. I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] are beautiful together!

not at all

The only similarity I see is they both end in an a, so no I don’t think they’re too close. Both are lovely, btw😊

Spelled it wrong. I meant to say [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_u]Sierra[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] bad!

They’re a little close maybe [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] would work better… I don’t think it matters too much though

No, I think they’re totally different

Nope they are not too similar!
They just hae the same end letter and the e and a sound. Perfectly matched yet different!

Depends on how you’re pronouncing them, I’m British and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is pronounced with a short ‘a’ (not sounding like [name_f]Claire[/name_f]-a) so to me [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] sound quite different, even though they share an ending. But if you are pronouncing it like [name_f]Claire[/name_f]-a then it is far too close.

I personally think It’s not too close either pronunciation

I’m gonna go with yes because the two names rhyme EXACTLY when I say them. It’s be like naming sisters [name_f]Katrina[/name_f] and [name_f]Tina[/name_f]. I say the names clair-uh and see-air-uh, if that helps. I think [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] would work though.

I think they are a little too close for me. I might change one just to avoid any possible confusion.

Unpopular opinion, but I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] are way too close- it may just be how I pronounce them, though (I make them rhyme)

1 Like

Cla-ruh pronounciation.

I think even if the intention is to use the CLAR-uh pronunciation (first syllable rhyming with “car”), there’s not much you can do to enforce it? I’m still going to read [name_f]Clara[/name_f] as “CLAIR-uh” because that’s the way that makes most sense to me. And, I’m not sure if you were referring to the “clar” pronunciation or something like pronouncing the “a” like it’s pronounced in “cat”, but that latter pronunciation doesn’t exist in my accent. (It’s like the [name_f]Mary[/name_f], marry, merry thing—I pronounce them all the same). So if someone said their name was “[name_f]Clara[/name_f]” (“A” pronounced as in “cat”), I’d automatically hear it as “[name_u]Clair[/name_u]-uh” and default to that.

1 Like