Are Jack and Rose sibs a "titanic" problem?

Expecting a baby girl in [name_f]February[/name_f]. I have three kids, the oldest is a boy named [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. I love the name [name_f]Rose[/name_f] but I don’t want to come across as a diehard titanic or [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] fan Hahahaha. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think anyone would even think that?

And give your opinion on the following middle names for [name_f]Rose[/name_f]:

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Kelli[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Mozelle[/name_f]

Any other great middle name suggestions?

Thanks!

I definitley think of the association, yeah. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Rose[/name_f] in the middle name place?

I think you would definitely get some comments, but I think both names are classic enough that it doesn’t really matter.

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Kelli[/name_f] would be my pick. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f] feels really choppy and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Mozelle[/name_f] repeats too many sounds for me.

I like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] or [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Camilla[/name_f].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the thread title haha :wink:

I think the Titanic effect is mitigated somewhat by the fact that there’s a 3rd child in the mix (who presumably isn’t called something like [name_m]Leo[/name_m] or [name_f]Kate[/name_f]!) Siblings [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] are OK in my opinion - as a pp said, both are classic, well-used names and so don’t immediately bring the Titanic association to mind. Together, they do a bit, but as long as you’re OK with the odd “humorous” comment about it then I don’t think it’s a dealbreaker. I wouldn’t assume you were a Titanic superfan or anything!

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f] is beautiful! [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] for a slight twist?

I think they are great. Both are classic, short names. Go for it!

As you have 3 kids, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. I really like [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] together. My favorite combo is [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Mozelle[/name_f], I’ve never heard of [name_f]Mozelle[/name_f] but it’s definitely intriguing!

If there’s a child or two in between I think it’s totally fine. If it were just the two of them it’d feel like a Titanic theme, but since it’s not you’re safe. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is one of my favorites and it’s so rarely heard as a first name, I think you should go with it! What are your other kids names?

I don’t think it’s an issue, especially since you won’t only have a [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and a [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. There might be some comments here and there, but I think [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] sounds lovely together.

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] are common names, so I don’t think it’s an issue.

I’d like Rosalynn or [name_f]Rosamond[/name_f], called [name_f]Rose[/name_f], but since you have a [name_m]Jack[/name_m] I guess you like keeping it short. :slight_smile:

For the middle, I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Delaney[/name_u]! When she’s a teen, she can choose [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], [name_u]Lane[/name_u], [name_f]Lainy[/name_f], [name_u]Dell[/name_u]…

Hm, my biggest worry would be your son or daughter feeling uncomfortable with their sibling being named [name_f]Rose[/name_f]/[name_m]Jack[/name_m]. It’s a bit (though not as boldly) like naming siblings [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], which could be weird, especially during their early teenage years.

Could [name_f]Rose[/name_f] go by [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] as a nickname?

I like it. I didn’t think of titanic. I think the flow also depends on the name of your third child.

I think it’s fine. They’re both classic, well-used names and not everyone will be familiar enough with the film / like the film enough to make the connection.

I do think of titanic, but I consider it a lovely association. And it’s also not a biggie as both are solid classics. What about using a longer version? [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], for example. Less obvious to titanic fans.