Are Liam and Callum too similar for brothers?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_m]Callum[/name_m] are too similar sounding for brothers? I’m not wanting to be matchy but I love the name [name_m]Callum[/name_m]. My first is [name_m]Liam[/name_m].

No. The only thing they share is the last letter. They don’t sound the same so you’re safe :slight_smile:

It’s matchy, and possibly setting a theme if you have anymore children. It’s certainly do-able, I know a sibet of [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_m]Levi[/name_m] which is definitely more of a tongue twister than [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_m]Callum[/name_m].

Other ideas…
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_m]Callan[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_m]Colin[/name_m]

[name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_m]Abram[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_u]Cameron[/name_u]

[name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_m]Callum[/name_m] are fine for brothers.

I think they’re fine for brothers.

I think they are a little too close.

I agree that they are too close, even though they aren’t identical, same as I would think of a sibset like [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], for example. They dont just share an ending letter, they have the same ending “uhm” sound, and both have an A, L, and M. [name_u]Love[/name_u] both names though! Maybe you could use [name_m]Callum[/name_m] in the middle.

Thanks for the input. What about [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_m]Julian[/name_m], do you think they are too close as well?

@dexmo30 I really like [name_m]Liam[/name_m] & [name_m]Julian[/name_m] together. I see some similarities, with both having lia as a part of their name, but that wouldn’t bother me, personally. You could also use the [name_m]Julien[/name_m] spelling! I can’t decide which I like more with [name_m]Liam[/name_m], or individually; [name_m]Julien[/name_m] or [name_m]Julian[/name_m]? Either way I think they make a nice pair

*p.s. Julien Callum would be handsome!

Thanks! [name_m]Julian[/name_m] has been one of my favorite names for over a decade. I think I would use [name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] or [name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_m]Vaughan[/name_m], can’t decide which. Both are family names.