Are Mason and Maren just TOO close? Even with siblings in between?

Thinking about going for [name_u]Baby[/name_u] #4 and I’ve recently just fallen for the name [name_f]Maren[/name_f]. I’ve actually liked it for a long time but didn’t really know if it was a “real name” or just something I came up with. The fact that it’s a legit name makes it much more usable for me now! I don’t know how I’d describe my usual style, but it wouldn’t be [name_f]Maren[/name_f]- I change from [name_u]Baby[/name_u] to [name_u]Baby[/name_u]!

The problem: My son is [name_u]Mason[/name_u]. He is the oldest, followed by [name_f]Brenna[/name_f] and [name_f]Loretta[/name_f] ([name_f]Lorie[/name_f] more often). So as far as [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] cards and writing out their names, it’s not like they’d be side by side. And he is my stepson- he doesn’t live with us full time. So the whole yelling one kid’s name when you meant to yell another wouldn’t be much of an issue. (Not that I don’t do that with all the kids anyway- haha!). In sound I don’t think they sound that close (I wouldn’t have used [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] or a name that almost rhymes with [name_u]Mason[/name_u]). But I’m curious- do you think they are too matchy? Could you use a name that shares so many letters with a sibling?

While the names look incredibly similar, the pronunciation is different enough that the names don’t bother me for siblings. If we were talking twins my answer would likely be different, but with two children in between, I don’t mind the similarities.

I agree with lowslash!

I think it’s fine. [name_f]Maren[/name_f] is a lovely name!