Are Miles and Silas too similar for brothers?

I was just wondering if you think these names are too similar for brothers as they share many of the same sounds or if it’s not that noticeable. Names with middles are in my signature.

Thanks.

I don’t think they are too similar at all. They both have an entirely different sound and feel to them.

While they are different enough to be siblings, I keep trying to say them together and end up with [name_m]Miles[/name_m] and Siles…
So maybe just my problem…but I dunno

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] names, and fine for two brothers.
[name_m]Both[/name_m] are different enough for siblings, I don’t think it will be a problem.

I met twins named [name_m]Miles[/name_m] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m] not too long ago! I did think it was a bit matchy, but since they were twins I thought it was cute.

Yes I think they are too close. But it appears I am going against the grain here-so maybe I am too picky! :slight_smile:

I also find them to be too close… I do love both names but I think the I+L+S similarities are distracting… I may also be too picky :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think they are too similar sound-wise, but they do look very similar written out. As long as you aren’t calling them something like Mi and [name_u]Si[/name_u] I don’t see a problem with them being used for brothers.

I find them too similar as well.

They are actually hard for me to say together quickly, like if I were calling two kids. I think they’re too similar.