Are my names out of date?

I am wondering if my names seem out of date? I picked them so long ago, most of them anyway, I am worried a child would not be happy to have these names.

[name_u]Sailor[/name_u]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Promise[/name_f]
[name_u]Brooke[/name_u]
[name_f]Paige[/name_f]

There are no namesakes left, so the name would likely be a mix of one of these names as a first and one as the last.

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t worry! These styles of names are becoming hip in every way. Names like [name_u]Sailor[/name_u], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] are catching on quickly and I think they’re quite pretty and cute. [name_f]Hope[/name_f], [name_f]Promise[/name_f], [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] and [name_f]Paige[/name_f] are names I don’t particularly like, but I know of many people who love them! [name_f]Promise[/name_f] is a bit new, but as word names are, I’m sure it will catch on. Good luck!

[name_f]Promise[/name_f] is one i have never heard before. The others are just fine in todays world though and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] in particular is relatively popular now. I really like [name_u]Sailor[/name_u], [name_f]Hope[/name_f] and [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] personally but i know like…4 [name_m]Brookes[/name_m] (or variations of). Not at all out of date though.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] and [name_f]Paige[/name_f] are a little dated.

The only name I wouldn’t be happy to get is [name_f]Promise[/name_f], the rest are fine. [name_f]Paige[/name_f], [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] and [name_f]Hope[/name_f] aren’t really used as much anymore, but they’re not out of date.

I’ve never known a [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] so I don’t think it’s out of date. Frankly, I don’t worry too much about “date”.

[name_u]Sailor[/name_u] is cute, not sure how a daughter would react (love it or hate it, it’s one of those kind of names).

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] seems really popular now and is sweet and does not seem dated.

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is a great name that got used far, far too much pretty recently so if I loved that I would go instead for another O name or [name_f]Livia[/name_f].

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] is timeless. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Promise[/name_f] to me is not a name. [name_m]Just[/name_m] speaking for myself, I would be so mad at my parents if they had named me that. Maybe a middle?

[name_u]Brooke[/name_u] was overused for a long time and does feel dated to me, but is still a pretty name.

[name_f]Paige[/name_f] feels dated to me, but that’s probably because I dislike it so much.

I wouldn’t say that [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] is anywhere near out of date! It is a name that I think is still up and coming since so many people have started to use this name more frequently. The same goes with [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]! I have never heard of the name [name_f]Promise[/name_f] before, so I don’t think that it is out of date maybe just underused. I think that you could maybe make a case for [name_f]Paige[/name_f] and [name_u]Brooke[/name_u], but I don’t think it’s a big deal since they aren’t being used as frequently!

A good barometer of a dated name is this: can you accurately guess someone’s age based on his or her name?

Of your list, no names are dated now; the only name that may become dated is [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] because it and other profession names are so trendy right now.

My husband really wants [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]. The other names are ones I like. I also love other names that i know are dated like [name_f]McKenna[/name_f] and [name_u]Ashley[/name_u]. I thought [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] was dated and dismissed it years ago only to meet two [name_m]Brookes[/name_m] at preschool gymnastics. If my husband insists on [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], which I guess I can live with, then I think I might like to put [name_f]Hope[/name_f] in the middle. So [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f].

I think [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] and [name_f]Paige[/name_f] are a bit dated, and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] has been so popular that it will sure feel a bit dated before long, but they’re also classic enough that I don’t think they’re unusable. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] seems pretty timeless. [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] and [name_f]Promise[/name_f] are unusual and might have other issues, but not feeling dated. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] feels the freshest on your list.

The only two names that I think are dated and I don’t like are [name_f]Promise[/name_f] and [name_u]Sailor[/name_u]. [name_f]Paige[/name_f] maybe slightly but it would still work. I have a 16 year old friend who’s name is [name_f]Paige[/name_f] and it fits her to a T. I know a 9 year old named [name_f]Hope[/name_f], a 16 year old named [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] and a 14 year old named [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. They all suit their names and like them. I don’t think any of these feel dated.

I would say none of them are particularly out of date although, [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] may be slightly overused, however I would say that [name_f]Promise[/name_f] is definitely a name for the middle slot, your other choices are much nicer.

As a combo I love [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f], sweet yet spunky!