Are sisters Isabella (Bella) and Eleanora (Ella) too similar

  • Yes
  • A bit but it wouldn’t put me off
  • No, use it

0 voters

1 Like

The full names are fine but I wouldn’t use those nicknames


The names themselves are fine as sisters but I think [name_f]Bella[/name_f] & [name_f]Ella[/name_f] is to much I would have [name_f]Nora[/name_f] instead. [name_f]Bella[/name_f] & [name_f]Nora[/name_f] are sweet.


Problem is im not in love with [name_f]Nora[/name_f]!

bella and ella is too much i think, though the full names work well together. maybe isabella nn izzy or isa instead ?

Maybe [name_u]Laney[/name_u], [name_f]Nola[/name_f], [name_f]Lea[/name_f], [name_f]Ora[/name_f] or even Ellie/Elle do you like any of those nicknames? I just think [name_f]Ella[/name_f] is to much with [name_f]Bella[/name_f] or maybe switch [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] nickname to [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] if that’s a possibility

I think [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] are not too close for sisters . But [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and [name_f]Bella[/name_f] are, IMO.

I would use [name_u]Issy[/name_u] and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] or [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Bella[/name_f] or [name_u]Isa[/name_u] and [name_f]Lea[/name_f] . I think there are tons of cute nickname options here !!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions! Although also really hate [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f].

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] that’s a name did you like any of the other [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] nicknames I think [name_u]Laney[/name_u] is adorable! I think [name_f]Bella[/name_f] & [name_u]Laney[/name_u] work. [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe even [name_f]Nell[/name_f]? [name_f]Bella[/name_f] & [name_f]Nell[/name_f] are sweet.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] they have to have nicknames? Our daughter is [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and we always call her by either her full first name or first and middle (Eleanor Ann) together. Likewise with our second daughter. About 70% of the time we call her [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] and the other 30% [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f].

The names are fine the nicknames are too similar.

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]- [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] , [name_f]Bella[/name_f], [name_f]Belle[/name_f]

[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]- Ellie; [name_f]Nora[/name_f]

with those nicknames, yes. with one of the “-ella” nicknames and maybe “Izzy” or “Nora” for the other it would be alright.

I’d use different nicknames, but as full names, no, they’re fine

The full names aren’t but [name_f]Bella[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] definitely are. How about alternative nicknames such as [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] for [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] or [name_f]Nell[/name_f] / [name_f]Norah[/name_f] for [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]?

I actually knew a [name_f]Bella[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] sibset, and honestly it was rather confusing. So I wouldn’t really use those nicknames but I love the full [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] names. :blush:

I voted a bit because of the obvious nickname similarity. It’s not the full names or even that I think the coupling is too cutesy-it’s a more functional thing that if you are yelling for them they may not know which one you are calling from another floor. Which would just be annoying for everyone. I have read the comments though would you consider “Bee” for [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]? Play off the extra B over [name_f]Ella[/name_f]?

you could consider to call their full name (full name is not too similar for me)

possible nicknames i have thought about

isabella: isa, izzy, sally, sabe(l), bee, bay, bibi, sas(h)a, sas, bab, issy, isé, bell(e), see, say, lee, lay, ibby, illy, sala.

eleanora: nora, elea, lena, lea, leo, norrie, ellie, leni / lenny, lera, nono, ele, ela, eleo, elo, en(n)o, en(n)a, nana, nannie, nancy, nan, nanelle, ennie, rory, rara, riri, eleni, elena, elen, an(n)a, errie, erro, erra, enor, anor, ara, arrie.

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] & [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] work fine but I’d not do [name_f]Bella[/name_f] & [name_f]Ella[/name_f] due to cringiness factor & the ‘Gabby, [name_u]Abby[/name_u], [name_f]Tabby[/name_f], Who?’ factor.